Whats some good TV shows to watch?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but I just started watching The Watcher and I really like it so far. It's only 7 episodes and I'm 4 down already.
Just finished...Really enjoyed it, didn't go for to long and the cast were great - **I could watch Naomi Watts in anything.
The house was ( like the show put out) visually stunning.
solid show 7/10*

Just finished...Really enjoyed it, didn't go for to long and the cast were great - **I could watch Naomi Watts in anything.
The house was ( like the show put out) visually stunning.
solid show 7/10*

I just watched the last episode today too mate. 7/10 is fair I think. I’d watch a second season if they do one. Watts was great. I just liked the way it wasn’t jumping all over the place like some shows these days. A good, easy to follow psychological thriller.

After the finale last night I'm going to give House of the Dragon a a 7.5/10 overall. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would

Not on par with the early GOT seasons but I'd put it on par with seasons 6&7 and definitely better than the last season.

Now the wait begins until Season 2

I think critics have given out praise far too easily for HotD.

The issue I have had with HotD is how insular it has been. GOT was so huge in scale and scope with multiple storylines, extremely interesting characters and set in diverse parts of Westeros. It feels like HotD has been set in a dark room with characters that have lacked personality. I hated it when they switched actors, especially since Milly Alcock was one of the only ones with a bit of pep (loved her returning from the boar hunt). I haven't read the source material so cannot comment on that.

Having said that it has started to come into its own now, and I really enjoyed the final episode. It looks like the world is finally about to open up with a lot more at play, so I'm pretty excited about season 2.

The issue I have had with HotD is how insular it has been. GOT was so huge in scale and scope with multiple storylines, extremely interesting characters and set in diverse parts of Westeros. It feels like HotD has been set in a dark room with characters that have lacked personality. I hated it when they switched actors, especially since Milly Alcock was one of the only ones with a bit of pep (loved her returning from the boar hunt). I haven't read the source material so cannot comment on that.

Having said that it has started to come into its own now, and I really enjoyed the final episode. It looks like the world is finally about to open up with a lot more at play, so I'm pretty excited about season 2.

I agree that it has got higher praise than it probably deserves.
I must be in the minority but I kinda liked the fact it was all focused in one area and not jumping all over the place and waiting weeks (or months) to see what is happening in a particular story line, not that it was a bad thing with GOT but for a show that is about the Targaryen family it made sense to be more singular focus.

I think they left the finale in a great place and season 2 will hopefully be the :poop: hitting the fan right from episode one

If they give it plenty of seasons (as many as it deserves) i'm fine with the smaller scale - the reason GoT was ruined was because the producers wanted to end it as quick as possible and go and do something else which sucked for fans - and they didn't have books to refer to.

I also don't like the big time jumps on HotD - not sure why they had to do that - but with George RR working closer with producers I think they stand to be in a better spot to finish it off better - can't wait for season 2 too!

I kind of get the feeling they didn't know how well hotd would be received after the ending of got so I think they played it kind of safe for a 1 or 2 season show hence the time jumps.
I read somewhere George RR said they would need 4 x 10 episode seasons to do the story justice so I think there could be a few episodes of flashbacks to fill in some of the gaps in either S2 or S3.
Or maybe just bugger all happened in the years inbetween

Loved this!!! binged it last weekend.
I would agree with the 8.5 on the show... the soundtrack however gets a 10/10 it was amazing

Binged The Umbrella Academy over the last week, nearly finished S3. Love the show and Klaus is such a hilarious character, but the sound track is the real winner.

I started late on Succession and have just finished the third season. It is safe to say I'm looking forward to S4. Brilliant show, which is a surprise as I have no interest in the corporate world. The writing is superb.

The English 8/10. was expecting something very different, but this was good. emily blunt is a woman looking for revenge. she meets a pawnee indian who begrudgingly helps. the story did not go anywhere near where i thought it would (in a good way). the acting is on point. the shot selection is amazing, not to mention the colour/s. probably the brightest or most saturated western ive ever seen, which felt weird at first but won me over very quickly.
its a complete story aswell, so no season 2...or if there is, it wont be about these characters/events.

Andor - 7/10

Have watched the first 10 episodes at this stage and it is SLOW.
Quality all the way, cast and crew and sets are top shelf.
Just painfully slow, I know a lot of people are really loving this but I find it a labour.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9253284/

Tales of the Jedi - 9/10 (Animated)

This on the other hand is quality and action all the way, love this show.
Collection of 6 short stories and I mean SHORT, 16-17 mins long.
Done by the same people that made Clone Wars.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20723374/

anyone check out the Netflix doco PEPSI,WHERE'S MY JET... it's a very light harted incident from the 90's, very david vs Goliath, but was a fun and entertaining watch..(damm...kid should of taken the $$)
ca65c755-284f-4712-b568-6c2e7a6b9b21_text.gif

MADDOF-the monster of wall Street (Netflix) I love a good rise and fall true crime and this scumbag is a great case to study. Many have seen/read about this crime for years now..Old Bernie is examined and exposed in a very well done 4 part doco. Informative and well put together 8/10 *

Watched Ep1 of The Last of Us - looks like it's going to be pretty good - I hope it is anyway!

Anyone a fan of the game so have some big expectations of the show? I haven't played it yet

Watched Ep1 of The Last of Us - looks like it's going to be pretty good - I hope it is anyway!

Anyone a fan of the game so have some big expectations of the show? I haven't played it yet
First episode was great but going to hold off my final verdict for a bit. As a fan of the games going to be interesting to see how they do a few things but it was really good and is setting me up to have high expectations.

Speaking of video game shows. I watched Witcher Blood Origin over the break as well. It got absolutely rinsed online by everyone but I didn't find it that bad. Only 4 1 hour episodes but thought it did what it needed to do and what it set out to achieve. Wasn't amazing compared to The Witcher show but was decent enough as something to binge quickly while waiting for the new season. 6/10

Back
Top Bottom