What we could expect for 2019 releases

While its not a clear image, here is the checklist. Apologies for the quality!

Awesome 😎

Yeah jist been told they are trying to push the giants this why in commons it says giants and why they are using the giants in relation to where they sit.

Here is the image.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

I've provided my thoughts on this POS previously, but it is a terrible look for Select to have him on one of the most valuable and collectible cards in a set aimed primarily for children.

I've provided my thoughts on this POS previously, but it is a terrible look for Select to have him on one of the most valuable and collectible cards in a set aimed primarily for children.
Don't think many kids will see case cards though. Few others players you could argue shouldn't be on cards if you're saying that.

100% agree.......glad I wasnt the only one thinking it.

For a sport that is so protective about its perceived image......for a company to feature a non current player who in 2018 plead guilty to multiple charges of assaulting his partner and was jailed for 6 months (later released on a corrections order) on a prominent card in an AFL trading card set that is aimed at kids is a very bad look in my opinion.

It's my opinion only, but I really didnt think they thought this through!

Its not like they had to have him in the set as a current player..... he is retired.....they could have easily gone with someone else.

Im sure some will agree and some wont.....and thats fine.

Wondering how I get my hands on a sell sheet these days. Select used to send me out a sell sheet for all release they made as I was on their mailing list. Also does anyway have a scanned pdf version of this sell sheet like the nrl tla sell sheets available ?

In other positive news, anyone see the Teamcoach card posted on Instagram?

I think its pretty cool! Even for a Pies card!
I still want to know how much you’ve donated to charity and how many freebies you’ve given away to the card community. Otherwise, you are automatically a flog and keyboard warrior. I may have drunk too much kool aid...

Wasn’t going to comment on it but here it is. I see people jumping down Matt’s throat about not sticking to talking about cards but on another page no one is telling someone else who also talks smack to tone it down and talk about cards. Not getting involved because I’m not interested in public feuds, just thought it was interesting. 2 wrongs don’t make a right guy, what’s good for the goose etc etc lol.
Now back to cards.
I’d like to see the Brownlow predictors in hand because they look pretty good. But I won’t be touching any StarBurst at all. I’m totally over them and to be honest never really liked them. But if kids and others like them then that’s fine. I’m more interested in what’s to come later in the year. And I’ll try and plug holes with Hawks Brownlow cards from previous years I’m still missing, at least until prices drop on this release. The Instant Impact and Strike Force should be cheap enough in a few weeks but in no hurry to get them. Won’t bother with die cuts. Just hope Select put more effort into other releases this year than they have in this Footy Stars.

I agree with your card related points, the series is so unimpressive and predictable i am also over the starbursts too, tye died you got to be kidding me. i will also wait for the prices to fall thru the floor in a few weeks. there are no chase cards that are hard to get or going to hold their value, apart from 5 brownlow predictors.
pretty ordinary effort by select, i get a feeling the second series later in the year could be called 'legacy'. lol

Back
Top Bottom