What we could expect for 2019 releases

I guess in the end the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. We are probably guilty of thinking that it’s only members on this forum and on Facebook that collect footy cards in Australia - the collecting community is of course widespread. I have no vested interest in promoting Select or demonising them for that matter. What disappoints me is the inference from some that anyone who DOES enjoy the release is some kind of gullible simpleton.

I agree with your card related points, the series is so unimpressive and predictable i am also over the starbursts too, tye died you got to be kidding me. i will also wait for the prices to fall thru the floor in a few weeks. there are no chase cards that are hard to get or going to hold their value, apart from 5 brownlow predictors.
pretty ordinary effort by select, i get a feeling the second series later in the year could be called 'legacy'. lol

Agree with most of your points but if there are less than 50 platinums as seems almost confirmed then I think there might be some FOMO (warranted or not) from serious master set and team set collectors, particularly when it comes to teams like Hawthorn.

Must say in terms of the 🌟 bursts, Paul Harvey has captured many of the players artistically and has put a lot of effort and thought into this however some of the exaggerations in capturing the players features and depicting the body part out of proportion make some of this designs were repelling, awkward and somewhat disturbing?

Must say in terms of the 🌟 bursts, Paul Harvey has captured many of the players artistically and has put a lot of effort and thought into this however some of the exaggerations in capturing the players features and depicting the body part out of proportion make some of this designs were repelling, awkward and somewhat disturbing?
Which ones?

Good to see at least 1 signed case card in this series.
i did notice that the select words in gold foil on the shannon grant card are missing. they are there on his signed card as well as the ben hart cards. Could be a misprint or error depending on what other people pull, or it could just be select and their quality check procedures?

Last edited:
Good to see at least 1 signed case card in this series.
i did notice that the select words in gold foil on the shannon grant card are missing. they are there on his signed card as well as the ben hart cards. Could be a misprint or error depending on what other people pull, or it could just be select and their quality check procedures?
Ben Hart is signed too.

Apparently it is only released in Victoria today. Those of us in WA or SA will have to wait until Monday.

Thanks for the update @Scotty_WCE Pretty disappointing that WA and SA are now back into our ‘Wait Awhile’ & ‘Sometime After’ status with Teamcoach. The last 2 years were really spot on for the release date.

Thanks for the update @Scotty_WCE Pretty disappointing that WA and SA are now back into our ‘Wait Awhile’ & ‘Sometime After’ status with Teamcoach. The last 2 years were really spot on for the release date.
Yep that's exactly what I was thinking. They finally seemed to have it worked out and then all of a sudden we're back to the good old days!

It sounds as though they are actively trying to make their product harder to buy by releasing it to AFL stores only, then newsagents and other outlets later. Plus their website is still not open - will they open at 11:59 tonight?

It sounds as though they are actively trying to make their product harder to buy by releasing it to AFL stores only, then newsagents and other outlets later. Plus their website is still not open - will they open at 11:59 tonight?

It is just back to the future stuff. The cards used to be available in AFL stores before newsagents, etc. Maybe they have gone back to those distribution arrangements.

You would think the website would be up and running, but maybe we have to wait for a ‘sneak peek” post on Fb or Intra showing us what the website is going to look like before they make it live.:rolleyes: Ho hum!

It's bizarre. The website isn't up, there are no listings on eBay or any posts on social media from people who have got the cards. Given March 14 was emphasised so hard as the release date it really is quite underwhelming.

Secondary market sellers are probably still waiting for their stock to arrive. Maybe more listings on the socials once the kids in Vic are out from school.

Seems a couple of cards on eBay - a Mason Cox (Collingwood) MAGIC wildcard which disappeared pretty quickly. This one is still listed which you will enjoy @Scotty_WCE (but maybe not the listing price!)

B74E47FF-8361-479B-8B9F-CA37F46F0DF3.jpeg

It's bizarre. The website isn't up, there are no listings on eBay or any posts on social media from people who have got the cards. Given March 14 was emphasised so hard as the release date it really is quite underwhelming.

They are looking to utilise facebook for the competitions or at least distribution of prize cards so that nay be delaying. Have a new marketing lady who is doing a better job advertising the cards but still really poor on communication as promised me a reply months ago after almost 6 mobths waiting for a reply from last lot of people lol

Back
Top Bottom