What Was Selects Best Box/Case bust release of all time?

For me 2009 Classic.......maybe because I hit a Lockyer Capt sig. :thumbsup:

or

The 2008 Centenary..........maybe because I hit a Beatson Immortal sig. :p

It s all pretty subjective but this Dynasty release seems to have a high percentage of inserts per box.

Cheers
Ross

2003 treated me right too - my box had a Lockyer jersey card and two future force sigs. (Not many years you get a great box and your club wins a premiership :wave:)

Always evens out though - 2004 box was a crapper, below expected ratios (no predictor). I also found 06 Invincible and 2011 Champs left a hollow feeling due to lack of inserts.

Dynasty is certainly a goodie to bust. I think 1:72 hits tend to make or break a bust unless you're lucky enough to strike it big or buy by the case.

2009 Classic, great looking set and had the best TP signature cards. Closely followed by 2005 Power and 2007 Invincible for the same reasons. I do think this Dynasty set might challenge for top spot in time, great look, plenty of variety and best high spot ratios ever.

Well I can't really talk either, because this year's set is the only time I've ever bought a box made by Select, but it was pretty fun to open ... I've virtually got all the cards I want from the set, and I'm still tempted to grab another box!

They really went out on a high with that set ... Copley went out like a true legend and left us wanting more. :lol:

Not a big Centenary fan. Past Heroes left a lot to be desired for me, some obscure player selections and whats with the black n white ones??? Also the overall quality of the action shots from past players was below par IMO. Should have, and deserved to have, been a lot better.

I'm changing my vote. 2010 champions was the best ever - no doubt.

Bring back diamond phenomenon gem cards!!

I'm offended anyone would think some of my posts on OCT are sarcastic.;)

Sorry if you got offended Owen, the only reason I questioned you if you were being sarcastic is because as the editor of your own magazine, I read the part you mentioned on the review of the 2010 base set that you said it was the poorest selling NRL Release and that it was not well received by collectors.;)

I was a huge fan of the urine-coloured sensation gems, myself.
Urine coloured!!! Taking the piss!!! now I'm really offended!!! I actually liked the "canary" yellow gems but did not like the diamond gems - did they need a giant diamond on the card??? and why were they green??? should have been emerald gems!!! Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom