Westover NBL coach of the year!

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Well done Westy! He really deserves this award after basically coaching the tigers all these years at the helm but not in title!

A players coach that knows his shit too, just what the Celts need ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well done to him. From the few games I have seen he has always looked totally in control and you could see him give the players confidence when needed in the recent wins against the wildcats. Compared to Fisher who often looked confused at TO's. #-o Great job Fox do on those time-outs too :D

Great job to big Al. He was my teacher in high school, and a top bloke to boot.

Really thats cool, I'm sure Al was a favorite teacher.

In control Justa LOL. Yeah that the appearance on the outside these days but on the inside another story. HEHE I've seen him lose it on many ocassion and he can yell and rant. I'm sure HBM has seen that for aiming spitbals at him!

He was a pretty cool teacher. I went to a school at the time which was somewhat lenient in terms of communication and interaction with teachers, which meant we were often able to talk with him like a mate, rather than as a teacher.

He used to bring in NBA games and we'd watch them, then for sport we'd go and play golf.

Here's a funny Westover story. Given he's a yank, cricket was very foreign to him, of course, so when we used to play, he'd have a bowl and when he ran in to bowl, he'd hide the ball behind his back. When questioned on this style, he informed us that "This way, you won't know which hand I'm going to bowl with!" The fact he only ever bowled with one hand was kind of lost on him. :)

Good times...

Cool I'll rib him about that. Always good to have something to give him shit about.

Watching NBA then playing golf? He got paid for doing what he wanted to do in his own time?? LOL Ahh the life of a teacher. That and the months of paid holidays.

Can you also tell him that he has gotten really fat! And ask if his fat feet fit into those snakeskin boots anymore?

Yeah sure can but I'll cop a beating for it LOL

How about "Chin up Westy, all three of them" LMAO

And don't worry there are plenty of boots in the closet.

thats awesome for him yeah....but you have to also give Brian Goorjian credit what he did in sydney as well..i mean with 1 of their key players going down (roberts tryin to do vince in the dunk contest) and still make it back to the grand final at least is great also...well done to Westover though :D great stuff (i wonder if they could have co-coach of the year?....Goorjian has never wont it right?)

Back
Top Bottom