VIC - Melbourne Card Expo - 29th June 2014 - Flemington

Are you going?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thought it was a fair bit smaller than Sandown, but the facility was pretty decent. Not sure how they'll go if they want to expand though - the room looked a bit tight? Might also take a while for sellers to get themselves sorted in the new digs too I guess. Looked to me like there was mostly AFL from a cards point of view, not a whole lot of stands selling other sports. Massive numbers of toys, cars, figurines and stuff. And the usual antique sort of stuff. I went mainly to pick up some supplies and only bought a couple of other trinkets. Had a good chat with some people, Cherry and Noodles - good to meet you ! And the new OCT non-sport guy from Perth also ! Was a good couple of hours on a wet and rainy Melbourne morning.

As the hardcore OCT collectors, I think we need to make an effort to support and help grow these events. If you have criticisms, by all mean let the organisers know, but do it in a positive way. Make suggestions, give them ideas. Let the sellers know what sort of stuff you want them to bring. It'd be a pity if we ended up without any shows in Melbourne, as it was years ago. The golden days of card only shows at Malvern, Hawthorn, Geelong etc are likely gone for good, but at least we have a reasonable event to hopefully grow on.

Would love to see trading areas, more sports sellers etc at future events. Might even set up a stall myself some day down the track - just like back in the 90's !!

Devastated I missed the show! I just got discharged 1 day late! Small or big, I enjoy meeting up with the usual and new faces from here!

Back
Top Bottom