Very bad experience please read!!!!

If it was me, I would contact Consumer Affairs. At the very least they should be able to help you get freight notes from the couriers - if there are printed weights on each of the freight notes you could go from there.

Eg if the package left the card kid at, say, 500 grams, then by the time it got to you it weighs 200 or so, you might be able to track exactly WHO is accountable along the line.

If the package was tampered with, it is illegal, so you are well within your rights to follow this up. Plus you didn't get what you ordered.

Even though the package felt light, how were you to know that there was not a note enclosed saying "3 boxes on backorder" or "parcel 1 of 2"? Plus you don't know who is to blame yet. So at least by signing there is a record that you received it.

This is a bad scenario. It seems cardkids and yourself are in the right. Leaving DHL USA/DHL Australia, customs us, customs au, and the 3rd party couriers all possibly at fault. Hopefully this thing never happens to me. I will continue to order from dacardworld as they give you a full manifest on the outside of each package.

True i live in sydney and don't suffer any of the rural problems, but really there should not be any. The internet and ebay specifically, have made the world a very small place.

Re: Very bad experience please read!!!! -UPDATE

Here are some pictures of my tampered box...

Tampered yes? no?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DSCN5069.jpg

DSCN5070.jpg

DSCN5071.jpg

DSCN5072.jpg

DSCN5075.jpg

As you can see the box has been retaped with another type of tape.

mate that sucks, i had a massive box opened last week from customs dont think anything was missing as it was a mystery box a guy sent me from germany full of pippen stuff. its not as bad as it first seems though mate because who ever has taken your boxes has thought, oh ill open them and sell them on ebay....how many austarlians sell US baseball cards on ebay. as soon as it hits ebay mate you gotta pounce. ill be setting up an advanced search to notify my soon to see if any of your stuff gets listed.

Well that box is sooo tampered with. Judging by the packing tape used, this has obviously been done once it has reached Australia. So focus your search on everything within Australia that dealt with your package. If it was registered then make sure those investigating back track their investigation from the moment it arrived to you. I believe you will find that it's been tampered with whilst sitting in a warehouse awaiting it's next phase of delivery judging by what information you have provided. If it's any consolation, we all feel for ya pal.

The re-taping may have been done by customs?

No. They usually use a yellow and green tape that says customs or something like that, a stick over the top saying opened by customs, and they would put a flyer into it saying why they opened it.

Ersk

No. They usually use a yellow and green tape that says customs or something like that, a stick over the top saying opened by customs, and they would put a flyer into it saying why they opened it.

Ersk

yep, retaped with customs tape and a sticker that says opened by customs and they wack in a flyer...he's been the vicitm of theft however the dumb a$$ who did it will probably try and flog them on ebay where we'll be watching!

Guys.

There was no custom note inside saying they opened it.

I have contacted DHL and they have sent all my details and info to there Fraud and Security Divison.:D

DHL are pretty angry that this has happened so hopefully this will work out.

---------- Post added 12-11-2009 at 03:17 PM ----------

Just heard from DHL.

They were happy with the photo's of the box. They can now use it to look at video security tape they have in the fascilities to identify when the box was opened....so hopefully!:woot:

mate sorry to hear the this type of news geez sometimes make u wonder why buy anything at all hope everything ends well and the other boxes turn up or u get a refund
home much trust can u have these days with services like the one u used

If I was a betting man, I'd say the culprits are not DHL or Customs. My money would be on the third party couriers. If the package left DHL in good shape, they will no doubt do their best to make things right for you. Fingers crossed.

Spoke with DHL last night...Apparently my parcel didn't go though customs at ALL.

thats bad, all parcels should, someone has tampered with it thats for sure

Hope you get back some of the $ you spent on it

I'm having some bad luck ordered 3 PS3 games from Melbourne, registered post, I paid for them over a week ago, still nothing, seller said they were sent the number they gave is invalid, doesn't work, annoyed hope i get my money back, they said they could offer me 1 replacement game, which is pathetic seeing i paid $185 all up for them, it should only take a day or two no longer then that for them to arrive

I DON'T HAVE FAITH IN THE POSTAL SYSTEM ANYMORE

thats bad, all parcels should, someone has tampered with it thats for sure

Hope you get back some of the $ you spent on it

I'm having some bad luck ordered 3 PS3 games from Melbourne, registered post, I paid for them over a week ago, still nothing, seller said they were sent the number they gave is invalid, doesn't work, annoyed hope i get my money back, they said they could offer me 1 replacement game, which is pathetic seeing i paid $185 all up for them, it should only take a day or two no longer then that for them to arrive

I DON'T HAVE FAITH IN THE POSTAL SYSTEM ANYMORE

The number the seller gave you is useless as you cannot track registered post online..... this is only for internal tracking.

Spoke with DHL last night...Apparently my parcel didn't go though customs at ALL.

So what is DHL's position on this matter now? If it has bypassed customs and handed over by DHL (in good shape) to a third party for on-forwarding, surely the liability squarely rests with DHL doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom