Trade Day in Ipswich 22nd September

I would also like to say thanx to Cory n everyone else involve In organizing the trade day, got to meet heaps of new poeple and collectors thru out the day,

Fantastic day out at the trade show. If you missed it you will be disappointed. A lot of different collectors and a mix of everything. A lot of people came thru and we just got home from it.

Big thanks to corey for organising and holding this event. A few people did say it would be great to have this more often.

A quick question , did any nba collectors go?

I did have 1 folder of NBA and 2 folders of NRL with me, but was pretty out-classed by most of the collectors there, so left them in the bag... Would have been good to have a look at others US sports card collections, but just the home-grown stuff kept me well and truly distracted! :) It was great seeing what was out there, even though a fair bit was either not for sale, or outside my current budget with other things currently taking monetary priority, but I'd definately be up for another day like today, and would encourage others who may have been busy, or unsure how it would turn out today, that a visit to any other gatherings similar to today are definately worth a visit to.. As others have already said, thanks for the effort you put in organising today, Corey. And thanks to the buisnesses and members here that came today as well.

I just got a call from 1 of my mates I went with who bought a box of ESP from Gold Coast Cards at the trade day today. He actually managed to pull 2 autos from the 1 box, a Runciman Future Stars, and to top it off, a Thurston League Sensations, #11 out of 130. With the good deals we all managed to walk away with, we're all looking forward to when the next 1 might be... :)

I would dearly love to go to the next one. Have you ever looked into a half page ad in the courier mail the week before a show! Just a suggestion. A lot of people read the newspaper. I imagine it would be expensive, but maybe it's worth a shot. I am definately interested in the next one if there is going to be one!

Thank you to everyone who came out not only who had a table but collectors as well.
As a trade day the number were almost 80 people throught the door on the day.
After talking 2 a few of the dealers and collectors they do want to see more this thing happen.
Myself I do think it maybe 2 late to do another one this year but,I am expecting to have someone make a appearance in my shop before Christmas maybe we might do it as a trade day and a player appearance at the same time.
Just like to find out if people who prefer it on a Saturday or a Sunday.
If you could just reply to this and just say.
Saturday
Or
Sunday.

Thank you to everyone who came out not only who had a table but collectors as well.
After talking 2 a few of the dealers and collectors they do want to see more this thing happen.
Myself I do think it maybe 2 late to do another one this year but,I am expecting to have someone make a appearance in my shop before Christmas maybe we might do it as a trade day and a player appearance at the same time.
Saturday
Or
Sunday.

It was a great day mate and thanks heaps for putting it together, I am happy to attend any more of these days but Saturdays are usually hard for me with my sons sport, and as I am usually the coach, we both have to attend.

By the way good luck with your new shop, It looks bloody great especially after seeing the Valley shop.....lol

Maybe look at organising one for early next year to coincide with the first release from NRL & AFL.

Talk to you soon mate. Cheers Glenn

I just got a call from 1 of my mates I went with who bought a box of ESP from Gold Coast Cards at the trade day today. He actually managed to pull 2 autos from the 1 box, a Runciman Future Stars, and to top it off, a Thurston League Sensations, #11 out of 130. With the good deals we all managed to walk away with, we're all looking forward to when the next 1 might be... :)

Hi Axeman,

Glad to hear your mate got some good cards. Can you ask him if he wants to sell or trade the Runciman please? I have a couple of customers chasing him?

Cheers Glenn

Saturday
Or
Sunday.

A huge thanks to Corey for allowing the sellers to use the shop for the trade day ....Without people like you we don`t have these days ....

Plenty of deals done on the day with plenty of happy people working out the door with less money in there pocket ....The day was a success and looking forward to the next trade day ....

Well i do have some good news the mall management came and saw me today.
If anyone who was their on sunday would know anymore tables and we would not have fitted as their ended up being 16 tables.
I throu out an idea of a collectors fair in the mall,thinking it would get knocked back,but to my suprise they got hold of Ipswich Events Corp and they want to go ahead with something in a large scale outside my shop.Their are some details which need to be sorted out with all management teams,but right now looking good.
If this happens i have 14,3 by 3 marquees on offer to me to hire theses cost $100 each but again that not what i will be paying.
The bad part about this is that just talking to 4 people today at a rate of $150 for a 3 by 3 marquee two dealers have already jumped on board.
Maybe you are think $150 for a 3 by 3 metre marquee is out of your price range well you could always go halfs with someone.
In short right now they will be something like 5 to 10 time advertising done for this event plus also a specail appearance by at least one sports person.
I would like to hear some feedback as to wheather some people are serious about this as it could be a big and serious show with no entry at all again.

Back
Top Bottom