Topps Star Wars Card Trader App ?

Topps kind of messed up the Factions Awake program....after missing out on one and having to raise a ticket (got it though) , they were a day late with the Chewie rewards too. I've pretty much given up on them now...reckon a lot probably have...

Have to say that once you pretty much completed the lower sets (only need one red and blue I think) pack breaking isn't nearly as much fun...don't see that "new card" message much anymore and chasing inserts isn't much fun unless you have a bunch of dupes and being that there are so many sets, you can't collect them all but hard to give up short count cards you've pulled! And no real point shredding lower base colors as you probably already have the resulting card anyway - plus being on android, shredding is a terrible pain! So I can see why so many people have huge quantities of whites etc. The monument chases likely double as a reward and also help to remove a bunch of records from the Topps database I'm sure!

I gave up on the factions after the second day. kind of annoying that one.
I only found out about shredding the other day, keen to get myself some more golds now :p

Good luck with that....that's an awful lot of cards you've got to get!! :) If I've got the maths right, 5 x 5 x 10 x 20 = 5000 whites to make a gold ! YIKES! :eek:

Makes that Gold Finn pack they were selling last week look like real good value, especially if you snagged the 20 card version! Sadly, all mine were 1 card versions :(

Geez, some of the things they're doing in this are getting a bit crazy - buy a 100,000 credit pack and get a 1/5 neon card...but wait, it'll only cost you AU$137 !!! As opposed to the $25 it'd normally cost you for 100,000 credits.

Or maybe you'd prefer a single insert pack for 100,000 credits ?

They seem to be getting a bit hungry...

I guess they're watching eBay, and realise there are lots of stoopid people out there, willing to fork out the cash. Pinks numbered of /10 of the major players, sell for $300-800, so I'd bet these don't last long since they are half the edition. Star Wars fans are craaaaaaazy!!!

Yeah, just seems in the past few days it's gone extra crazy.... Hate to think what it'll be like when the new movie is out !

Personally I still struggle to reconcile the sort of money being thrown around with the fact that these are just colored images! Suppose we all get caught up in the thrill of the chase, but at least if they were real cards, they'd have a value that may fluctuate but it will always be worth something.

Topps could turn this thing off in 6 months and no one has anything...

Yea, I'm actually considering giving up.

Must admit, after my initial excitement where I actually spent some real money to get master pack access and all, I'm just collecting the daily creds and really not spending them too much at the moment. Mostly due to having most of the base stuff now, so a lot of packs aren't really delivering much new at all except the occasional yellow. Might go on a bit of a binge pack breaking spree once I've built up enough and there's something worth buying!

Must admit, after my initial excitement where I actually spent some real money to get master pack access and all, I'm just collecting the daily creds and really not spending them too much at the moment. Mostly due to having most of the base stuff now, so a lot of packs aren't really delivering much new at all except the occasional yellow. Might go on a bit of a binge pack breaking spree once I've built up enough and there's something worth buying!
I'm doing the same, Just collecting those free crimson cards for now.

Well they got me today with the snowtrooper pack.... I bought the minimum credits to get the half price and then burnt all my credits on them... 10K a pack for guranteed Gold, Yellow, red and blue seemed good value..

Pulled a Vader Death Star Inspection in the golds which is apparently fairly rare - well at least according to the whiz bang special effects on opening it ! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom