Top 10 Collections on OZC

MetallicA'

Ricky Davis Collector
eBay User
senyac1
Looking at Henkita's mailday got me thinking its about time we pay respect to the members on this site who are truly dedicated to collecting cards. Alot of money has been forked out but its hard to complain at the end of the day when you get to see their pc websites that are avalible for our viewing pleasure. :D Their may be others but trust me if i havent seen it than my 10 could not be altered, unless i forgot someone #-o
this topic is here to pay tribute to our most glorified members and to show your opinion on the topic.

I Give you the OZC Hall of Fame,

1. Chadjaja "His collection blows me away everytime i see it, he just about owns every celtic card ever made and is the owner of some of the most sought after RCS in the hobby eg. Bill Russell"
2. MavsMan "A Truly dedicated player collector that has one of the best player collections i have ever seen in the land downunder. In the not to distant future he may own every Harris card on the checklist and get a complete surname with his lettermans"
3. Henkita "Best A.I Collection in Australia...period. He has one of the best player collections on the site...period" ;)
4. Ersk "Probally the Least exposed collection of the lot but defiantly a top 5, all those autographs of just about every great and rising talent in the history of the nba in one mans pc, if you havent seen his site than please do so" :shock:
5. Vlade "Owns a mammoth 100+ auto set aswell as just about all the top 50 greatest NBA players' autographs."
6. Hill33 "Again another player collector but one that defiantly doesnt go un-noticed also this place wouldnt exsist if it wasnt for his effort."
7. Scottsophie "Someone chasing and close to completing the exquisite rc set defianly cracks my top 10 but thats not all he owns, check out his website and you'll see just how great his collection is"
8. Gemz "A True High roller, has owned the entire trimarks set and now owns one of the best sets on the site and imo the BEST with his ultimate signed patches. Also owns Wade rookie autos aswell as autos from some of todays greatest players"
9. JimmyJ "Another highroller, who has bought a case of Exquisite and managed to pull a dual logoman. This guy has ONE of the BEST player collections in the world, but of JR SMITH ;) just kidding it remains to be seen if it will pay off, but this guy is truly an Australian collecting legend"
10. Kidd05 "Owner of a great player collection 'Kidd' aswell as most of the NBA's finest athletes Autographs."

my list are not just of people that own sick collections because i have missed on naming many more but these guys have been responsible for this site to reach the success it is today and have influenced us all on our own collections. Sorry if this thread seems a little corny and over the top but thought id give a shout out to our elite. :D

This thread will help the newbie's out and teach them not to shoot their mouth at our elite and tread on their toes. try get some weblinks posted on here too ;)

pce out

I love going through the photobuckets of these guys and checking out there collections!

Hopefuly I can get a scanner soon because I think I'd have a very good shot at that list!

Well guys Ive decided to join Photobucket. I've put a few pics up and have a T.J Ford link the T.J's in there are just the ones I could still get recent ebay pics ect for only a tiny part of the collection, as soon as I get a scanner I'll put them all up and my Dirks then I'll break into that top 10 :)

A great bunch of collections up there :D

BTW that list is identical to the list of toes I have been trying to tread on since arriving and am getting there :eek:

"have influenced us all on our own collections" - try a straw :p

just jokes mate, don't wanna tread on your toes :lol:

Wow im blown away to be on there, thanks heaps.

Also Shoes i cant wait to see your full TJ Ford collection, the ones i saw at Sandown were awesome and i wished i had more time to really check them out but there were people bloody everywhere.

good list, i reckon once i complete my 80's legends set i might be up there one day.

Maybe we should do the 11-20 spots now?

WOW. Thanks Jonno!

I think it's a good idea for a list like this. Although it's REALLY hard to compare player collections and other collections (sets, teams, etc).

I could not agree more on the #1 spot. Chad's collection always has me in awe. (he he he, hope ya pockets big, cos we're pissin in it!).

There's quite a few new comers around here who have massive collections.

Well done Jonno, great read up, and would be great to keep this updated!

I appreciate making your list MetallicA but I couldn't imagine trying to put a list like this together. Too many of the collectors on this site have amazing collections; like where is ducky with his awesome nique autos? He would make my list.

It worries me that some people may think you need to spend lots to put together a great collection. Only recently have I been in a position in my life that I can buy some more expensive cards but I've always thought I had a great collection. I really hope others feel the same about their collections no matter how large or small.

Yeah well said Vlad.

Glad you guys like my stuff. Its a work in progress I may never be finished with. TW's has said we will be in a nursing home with a notebook on our laps still looking for that one card in a higher PSA grade LOL

I also like Trey's, Vinsanity's, MrKG's, Billyhoyles stackhouse, Justa and lippos Boguts etc etc. Lots of great collections here and dedicated collectors.

Sometimes the best pickups are the cheapest ones.

Personally, I find it an inspiration to be around people like Chad, Scotty, Timmy (Darn those KGs are nice) and Henkita... awesome collections and generally awesome people too.... definitely gives me something to aspire to, but whatever my collection ends up looking like I'm happy. Because this hobby is a great one, especially when you get to meet some awesome collectors who understand what its like to chase cards of their fave player, whether that player be calibre of KG, AI, Kobe, Shaq or someone like Rider in my case... doesn't matter to us who it is, we respect that each person has someone they like for whatever reason....

I can only hope one day my Twolves collection is as good as Chad's Celt collection (thank Goodness I don't have to go back so far or I'd never have a shot heehee) and that I complete my Rider collection..... all the while growing the best uncirculated PC in australia (my primary focus now).

All the guys in that top 10 receive my respect and admiration, but so does every single collector on this forum. May you pull that great card and may you pick up that absolute bargain! Good on you all.

shoes and oz-antonie, the reason you dont crack the list atm is i havent seen your collection so maybe when u get it up ill fix the list up a bit. But all those 10 have been active members for quite some time too :cool:

Maybe we should do the 11-20 spots now?

I'll give the job to someone else if they want, beleive me 10 was hard enough.
I limited it to 10 because if i named 20 and people missed i may hold some grudges with people. but i can say members that just missed were:
Trey, Ducky_poo, Mr. Kevin Garnett, Vinsanity, Lippo, Justdabestcards, Billyhoyle, JZA, Nvd001.

thought it would be a bit fun and something different, i will try get links up of most of the 10 when i can.

thanks

Yer mate thats why I didnt pull all my trade cards out, I always look first then if theres somethin I need ill talk trade , but the table vultures had nothing remotely interesting lol

scottsophie said:
Wow im blown away to be on there, thanks heaps.

Also Shoes i cant wait to see your full TJ Ford collection, the ones i saw at Sandown were awesome and i wished i had more time to really check them out but there were people bloody everywhere.

couldn't agree more with the list and i must say i am really happy to be on the "just missed out" list!! ;) hehe

keep an eye out for a mailday of mine coming up which should cement my place in that "just missed out" column :lol: LOL

Great work guys :D

I gotta say Metallica, I think you definately chose the top 10! I've looked at these guy's maildays/webpages and I'm continually amazed.

Have to agree with what Vlad said as well. Its not about how expensive your collection is, its all about being happy with collecting and the enjoyment of the hobby :D

Great thread
There certainly are some wonderful collections here.
And one of the great things is that there are a lot of different collections.
From Chad 'Mr Vintage''s sensational collection to Vlad's sensational sets, and the wonderful player collections of Mavs, Hill33, Henkita and Billyhoyle etc.
Some great inspiration and wonderful collectors.

I also agree with Vlad's comments.
Sometimes picking up a hard to find care with minimal BV is as good a feeling at winning a rare patch card!
Great thread and great collections!

Back
Top Bottom