TLA Traders 2021 Official Thread

I like that list and hope they go that way . Last few have been a bit recent IMO. Would love a Raudonikis but not sure how he’s doing as haven’t heard anything for a while . Bob McCarthy would be nice as well. Only problem is if they were from the eels, south’s , saints they will be twice as expensive.
And if they’re from the Titans, they’ll be worth zilch 😂

That's a bit rough, the Titans had... Nathan Friend 🤔😂

It is a shame that for a player to get HOF nomination, off field work isn’t a metric. If I had to pick a Titan, Preston Campbell, what a player ! Gun for the Sharks (beat Joey for the 01 Dally M), premiership with Penrith in 03 against the odds, inaugural GC Titans player, Ken Stephen Medal winner and an absolute giant for the Indigenous AS concept and the Indigenous community in general.

He was so tough, played through that era of unlimited interchange when big forwards would roll on every 30 minutes against the little blokes.

Last edited:
Can't argue with that. Frustrates me no end that the only storm player in the hall of fame is Glenn Lazarus. Surely a few others could be in by now, especially someone like Stephen Kearney with all he achieved during his career and as a coach of New Zealand.

I missed the notice that Daley was one of the Legends sigs . Good choice ,but still would of preferred they went back a little further? Hopefully the other is from the 80s or earlier . Any word on who it is yet ?

I missed the notice that Daley was one of the Legends sigs . Good choice ,but still would of preferred they went back a little further? Hopefully the other is from the 80s or earlier . Any word on who it is yet ?
I think all we do know is the player is not associated with any of the current 16 clubs because the team split pricing doesn't reflect it. Plus the notation that it will be randomised at the end of the bust is pretty much a give away confirming this as well.

Based on that I would suggest some of the guesses of it being Bears legend Mark Graham may be pretty close to the money. Possibly Tommy Raudonikis but to me he would be associated to West Tigers.

Cheers
Ross

I think all we do know is the player is not associated with any of the current 16 clubs because the team split pricing doesn't reflect it. Plus the notation that it will be randomised at the end of the bust is pretty much a give away confirming this as well.

Based on that I would suggest some of the guesses of it being Bears legend Mark Graham may be pretty close to the money. Possibly Tommy Raudonikis but to me he would be associated to West Tigers.

Cheers
Ross
Ehh, I don’t care for Mark Graham that much. If I manage to snag one, I’ll probably put it up for sale or trade.

Cheers
Ross
Hopefully in a Newtown Jersey 🙏. I’d definitely want one of those .Also wouldn’t be really fussed on a Mark Graham , did he have a signature in the glory set ?

Ehh, I don’t care for Mark Graham that much. If I manage to snag one, I’ll probably put it up for sale or trade.
Hopefully in a Newtown Jersey 🙏. I’d definitely want one of those .Also wouldn’t be really fussed on a Mark Graham , did he have a signature in the glory set ?

It's possibly good for those collectors putting a Master set of Legend sigs together as I also think it could be a cheap one to get. Although Tommy would generate more interest than Mark Graham.

He did have a sig in Glory and to be fair it was one of the nicer looking signatures.

Ross

It's possibly good for those collectors putting a Master set of Legend sigs together as I also think it could be a cheap one to get. Although Tommy would generate more interest than Mark Graham.

He did have a sig in Glory and to be fair it was one of the nicer looking signatures.

Ross
I’ve started to collect the legends but doubt I’d ever get a few of the early ones as I couldn’t justify spending up to $1000 on a piece of cardboard. But the newer ones are reasonable enough 👌Mark Graham would probably be the least known of the set and a strange one IMO.I know the kiwis will hate that but sorry 🤣

Last edited:
Perhaps not a household choice but about time our Kiwi friends got some higher end love !

First Kiwi inducted into the HOF
Two seasons for Norths in Brisbane when it was at it's peak (one premiership), nearly 150 games for the Bears in the NSWRL, NZ National Captain during a period when they really stepped up and had a few wins against arguably the greatest Kangaroo era. Very highly regarded by the King.

I think he would look a treat in a North Sydney strip if he is the Legend.

More then Happy to have a kiwi , but would of gone a Stacy Jones or a Wiki maybe . I think the legends set has lost its flair from when it started . Before my time collecting as well. To have names like Proven,Johns ,Lewis , Sterling ,Coote etc then a Petero I’m not sold . Nothing against Petero ,Menzies etc but I don’t think there in the same class . If you asked anyone under 40-45 they would probably struggle to have heard the name Mark Graham was more my thinking. But yes he has got the runs on the board . I would of loved a Tommy but even he’s probably not up there with some of the names mentioned previously?

19 NRL 2021 Checklist_FA Web-1.jpg

19 NRL 2021 Checklist_FA Web-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom