TLA Traders 2021 Official Thread

My son who is 36,played rugby league,coaches junior rugby league,said to me today he has never heard of Mark Graham and why is he on a Legends card.I had no comeback.
I think that was a point raised elsewhere, that no one under 45 would know the name. I guess it depends on how fanatical you are and which area. Some people play but don’t really watch or support.

Being a massive Wally Lewis fan, I became aware of Graham very early on, he nearly killed Wally a couple of times !!

Fair call on Graham. I just never saw the passion that embodied his play as a Bulldog spill over to the red V. When I think James Graham in the NRL, I think blue & white. Maybe because of his fiery locks, he looked better in dogs colours, blended into the red V too much.

Graham 400_iii.png

JGraham Angry.png

JGraham Angry_11.png

Mark Graham is in the absolute upper echelon of players to wear the Kiwi jumper. If a Legend card is to be allocated to a star from the NZ International game then it would be hard to look past him. I think this is more a case of his career span not matching the majority of the releases target market rather than him not being a justified inclusion. Playing for an ARL club without a current fan base doesn't help either.

If collectors voice their resentment to his inclusion (due to not having seen him play) it may lead to TLA shying away from some of the older legends in future releases, which would be a travesty imho.

I might have to come out of retirement to pick up a Eliesa Katoa signature. I rate him very highly on and off the field.

Last edited:
Mark Graham is in the absolute upper echelon of players to wear the Kiwi jumper. If a Legend card is to be allocated to a star from the NZ International game then it would be hard to look past him. I think this is more a case of his career span not matching the majority of the releases target market rather than him not being a justified inclusion. Playing for an ARL club without a current fan base doesn't help either.

If collectors voice their resentment to his inclusion (due to not having seen him play) it may lead to TLA shying away from some of the older legends in future releases, which would be a travesty imho.

I might have to come out of retirement to pick up a Eliesa Katoa signature. I rate him very highly on and off the field.
Agree, Graham very deserving and for me my first pick for a kiwi international, then I would probably go Stacey Jones (but that's because I grew up watching him). As for the authentic signatures, Eliesa Katoa is my pick of the list, a great debut season for the youngster, can't wait to see him continue developing into his full potential. Couldn't agree more very humble on and off the field.

What are the bonus cards in the starter packs and are there two different versions like last year (hobby/retail)?

Back
Top Bottom