Time to boycott Select...

crg0084

Looking for pies autos
Real Name
chris
eBay User
crg0084
I have a mass of afl cards autos, almost every Collingwood card created.
I sent away a few cricket autos and a Collingwood premier redemption. (also a damaged Hill dps) I made sure every card that needed to come back had a penny sleeve and top loader to come back in. I receive them back in those sh*t ass plastic sleeves no top loaders or penny sleeves in sight. So i rang select to query it. Was told that oh we do that all the time we deal with 1000s of orders and dont have a problem. From memory the 08 premier redemption set I bought I had the same issue ($450 odd set). The cards have some light surface scratches on them not bad but f*ck me we pay good money for this sh*t and these people are supposed to be the benchmark. If someone sent like this on ebay we would be all complaining or asking for a refund. After the past few releases high end cards having manufacture lines, scratches and damaged autos. I have just about had enough. Why should I keep paying top $$$ for a product that is not up to standard. I know each year collectors complain about same old cards and quality but maybe it is time to get serious. A boycott of there product for 1 series would show them we are tierd of this and it is no longer acceptable or a joke.
I was really looking forward to receiving the premier set now I have $150 worth of lightly scratched cardboard and Select have yet another pissed off collector. Not to mention what happens to my top loaders and penny sleeves that I paid for?

When I redeemed my cricket autos from a few years back I included top loaders and they sent them all back in them.

Not sure why it would have changed?

thats sad to hear, 2010 needs to be a year to forget for select. i hope they get bought out buy someone who knows what they are doing.

I was extremely disappointed especially when I provided them to be used. That was the answer the lady gave me over the phone thats how we do it. Her words where we have 1000s of orders it is not practical to pack each one into a top loader. I did not realise the surface scratches at the time of the call other wise I would have been really annoyed.

this seems a bit over the top, i wont be boycotting them over that.

this seems a bit over the top, i wont be boycotting them over that.

A bit over the top?!? They make a Sh!t load of cash off collectors each and every year and we dont deserve to get our cards in mint condition...?

At least I know never to trade or buy with/off of you!

These guys, as unfortunate as it is, own the market in Oz. It really needs to change before anything will be done, they dont care, they'll continue to make money no matter what. Its Fking ridiculous in this day and age, espically with a company like Select that has a small core customer base that sh!t like this is acceptable!

Look at Upper Deck and Panini... They would handle a MILLION times more orders then Select could ever dream of and thier customer service is 1000's times better then Selects will ever be!

I to am disappointed with Select's product, the 09 classic captain signature card I redeemed came back just to two cards in one of their plastic envelopes with a piece of cardboard behind it. I gave those cards away to a friend but at the time it was a 900 dollar card and its not treated with respect.

I have already decided that I am going to give their product one more series 2011 series 1, if it comes out with jersey cards, sketch, GEMs etc then that will be it for me, no more NRL. Will take all my business to non-sport cards.

Got the 2010 premiers redemption back the other day had them one day and they were back in the mail heading back to select they were C*** they need to lift their game or sack their QA team

+1 to this thread title, I was at the point where I was going to collect series 2 nrl this year, and get amongst the case breaks of it on here for the first time (mainly collect cricket) and then they produce some half assed overpriced base set, and then screw the cricket collectors over the same way completely...

They do that **** all the time, i always send toploaders so they can send them back in that lame ass pouch and keep my toploaders. $1000+ worth of cards and sent in a penny sleeve and pouch.....If they were on Ebay they would have 100s of negs. Select are terrible, I have been saying it for ages.

i sent an email in last year to say that my dynasty box did not have a dps in it, its $200 of hard earnt cash here so we are not talking about chump change........havent even had a response yet.
select are crap, they are too unappreciative of our hard earned money, screw them

I agree with everyone. I have redeemed all the redemptions from AFL 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. They all came back the same: those plastic envelopes with a piece of cardboard between it. However, when I redeemed my Adam Goodes Brownlow Predictor and my Ben Cousins Brownlow signature, both cards came back to me in top loaders.
Dave that is pretty bad that a Captain SIgnature came back with no top loaders. Glad it wasn't me mate because the S@#T would have hit the fan.

When I redeem Signatures with Select they always come back in top loaders with the pouch and cardboard. It is usually very secure and well packaged. Hopefully that is still their current policy cause one I sent off the other day is yet to return.

It's really a matter of getting in touch with their collectors for Select. Yes a predictor set may cost them $5 to produce the entire set, but they MUST see things from a collectors point of view that have spend in upwards of $500 putting it together, not to mention the time and effort. Sets coming back scratched is a disgrace.

Would be really interesting to see what some legitimate competition from another card producer in Australia would do to Select.

---------- Post added 07-12-2010 at 02:31 AM ----------

i sent an email in last year to say that my dynasty box did not have a dps in it, its $200 of hard earnt cash here so we are not talking about chump change........havent even had a response yet.
select are crap, they are too unappreciative of our hard earned money, screw them

Did that box have a redemption? If not you have been dealt a very dud box!

It is astonishing how lazy Select are when sending back redemptions...

When I got my grand dynasty redemption back, the Harvey 300 game signature was just slipped into this pocket inside the folder - with no case whatsoever - not even a penny sleeve.

It is a joke.

It was once stated that every letter of complaint is equivalent to 25 unhappy customers (only one in 25 people will actually write in and complain) so if everybody writes in and complains you may get some things changed. If you dont write in then simply don't complain. there has been 11 negs on this post alone which would total 275 unhappy customers, with those numbers they will have to eventually listen.

im with you all here guys, have been for quite a while now. actually ive copped a lot of abuse on another forum because of what i think of select. but im allowed to speak my mind. some people only want your opinion if its the same as theirs.
Select have lost the plot, they are doing it for the money and thats it, they dont care what collectors think or want at all. just look at facebook, there has been hundreds of questions asked on there and because their tough questions asking what we all really want to know not one of them was answered. they have the most shocking customer service ever, they are rude and think their sh*t doesnt stink. so i started a Boycott Select myself this year. im concentating more on older futera cricket and the newer futera soccer, holden masters by kryptyx, topps chipz, some celebrity stuff from the US and others. ive noticed myself buying more and more from overseas, which is a shame because i like spending my dollars here but what choice do i have, none as i can see, Select are not an option for me and unless they pull their finger out next year they wont be getting any of my money. glad to see more people are seeing what im seeing :v:

I boycotted select products about 18 months ago now and I havent looked back. Absolutely terrible company, terrible products, terrible customer service. I was a massive collector of NRL and Cricket but eventually enough was enough. Select will never ever be getting a single cent of money again.

I couldnt take there lameness anymore. I have had 100 times more fun collecting UFC, and while Topps arent perfect either, they are a million times better then select. There has been talk about this for years. It seems whenever select annouce a new product 80 per cent of people are totally pissed off and unhappy with the product, yet they still shell out there hard earned for the product. It's time to say enough is enough.

If the terrible overpriced completely lame NRL and cricket products released this year arent enough for people to want to boycott then I'll give it away. I cant imagine anyone would want to shell out there hard earned $$$ for that crap. Im not sure if the AFL collectors fair any better as I have no interest in the sport, but I imagine they would be in the same boat for the most part.

The dog-tags did it for me and the cancellation of Series 2 2010 NRL and NO Ashes Cricket.

If they aren't money spinners, then nothing is.

I reckon for a little capital, you could make a fantastic NRL / AFL set each year. A nice big base set and plenty of variety and collectability in the chase cards.

Anyway...

The dog-tags did it for me and the cancellation of Series 2 2010 NRL and NO Ashes Cricket.

If they aren't money spinners, then nothing is.

I reckon for a little capital, you could make a fantastic NRL / AFL set each year. A nice big base set and plenty of variety and collectability in the chase cards.

Anyway...

Yeh I reckon we could all put our heads together and come up with some nice ideas, the killer of course would be payments to players for auto's etc. Its a pity that the QRL and NSWRL prolly want to much coin which prevents Select from doing an origin sub-set..............:(

Back
Top Bottom