Time to boycott Select...

I mailed a redemption in to Select today, and it states on the back that the redeemed card will be returned in a "semi-rigid" card holder. It would be worth looking at any redemption cards you have, and if I were you I would go to consumer affairs. They helped me in 1998 when I had a problem with the Hawthorn FC shop!

You have every right to feel shafted. The lady that said " its not feasable...." is wrong. Since 2006 i have sent redemptions and spare toploader and have come back as EXPECTED. I luckily have not had a prob gut with a heap of redemptions to redeem a bit worried. Won't send untill thats clarified. Maybe some Ozcard power on this one.
As for the cards Select are digging a hole, write a letter to NRL marketing etc...enough do so there will be change. Stopped at 2010 champions. not one card but bought heaps of 2001, 2003, 2006. 2007...... ahhhh card collecting. LOL once the storeage clears, Select will feel more of the pinch. How do you think NRL Marketing will feel if 3 AFL sets and one NRL set. Good luck Select on that one.

I agree with this. select are a disgrace to card collecting and a disgrace to card collectors.
It is ab****ely rubbish that they don't send redeemed cards in top loaders and the neccesary protection.
I doubt that anyone that works for select actually knows a dman thing about protecting cards
I reckon that the only reason that select weren't broke 4 years ago is because they basically have a monopoly of the market of afl cards...
Give select good competition and they will be gone in a matter of minutes

select are garbage same crap every year they are very favourable with selecting teams for there high end cards that pissed me off the most espically this year with the nrl case cards i thought for sure there would be a trent barrett case card but we get andrew ryan please..

I agree with everyone here, the cards are just rubbish. other card collectors on this site alone have made custom NRL and AFL cards with much better designs than select. Im personally not buying anymore packs/boxes from them - ill just focus on other aspects of my panthers collection
Cheers
Brplat

I boycotted select in 2002, i collected NRL cards when they came back in 2000, but yeah i got 2 sig redemptions returned in those crap plastic folder things.... sick of that then they start bringing out **** cards that look like there aimed at 6yr old boys! havent bought any since and i love my knights more than i like my NBA so id imagine if they put out decent products i would of spent ALOT of money on them over the years....

Well it looks like it is my turn. I am sending in my 2010 AFL Premiership Redemption Card and am including 5 toploaders. Also including a note explaining to them I do not want them to get damaged. Lets see what happens. I will keep everyone posted lol.

Well I also sent away a damaged Hill dps and it has now been 2 months it did not get sent back with the rest as it had to be re stamped. I tried google selects website which appears to no longer exist. I will not be buying any more of there product unless they fix this

The domain name has expired and there's probably no one around to renew it.

So at this stage unless you have further evidence, the website being unavailable is no proof of their demise. Making statements like that can cause unnecessary alarm and start false rumours which can further harm a companies reputation. Any further speculation here that Select has "gone under" will be deleted.

I am sorry for causing alarm I did not mean to insinuate that they are "going under"
Just that I cant find details to contact them.
Would anyone have a phone number available for them?

very touchy subject for some lol

id say they are finished up for the year, probably try just after the new year but then again they might not be back til the 10th of Jan

Im sure they are not out of business but thats pretty slack not to renew the website, comsidering they are supposed to be the premium australian card company. Assuming that select bring out the same old formula next year for there footy cards then i wont be buying.

I think everyone is barking up the wrong tree, you should be aiming your complaints to a different source ie: If Select have the licence and are producing sub standard products and bad customer service then you need to bring it to the attention of the people that issues the Licence to them. If you complain to Select via email, hand written letter or a phone call that's where it will stay and they will be a shoe in to get the licence next time. But bring it to the attention to the AFL or AFLPA whoever controls the licences and they might listen to their customers. The Retailers will buy their cases off of Select and then flog them off on Ebay and in their shops and the not so die hard collectors will be wetting their pants trying to buy them..lets face it you guys are probably only a small portion of the buyers with the majority being Mums that buy their kids a pack while doing the shopping to shut them up.

02 94863286 is the number on the email they sent me

Select always close down for a few weeks over the christmas period, so i am guessing that they finsihed up this week and will be back in the new year.... No one is answering the phone at select, so i guess they are gone atm..... Normally they dont open until midway through Jan... 10th or 17th im guessing.
They may just be changing servers to upload a new webpage for the new year.

Changing servers? You base this on what?

Let me tell you (and this is fact) that their domain name has expired and they haven't renewed it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom