Thurston going to the eels?????????????????

#1 Eels fan

a 1 eyed EELS supporter
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
Mighty Eels
can anybody confirm that thurston is going to the eels next year?

i thought he was contracted for another 3 yrs to the cowboys but there seems to be a snowballing rumour that he wants out to join the eels:eek::confused::confused::confused:

Thurston as eel.jpg

Well, from what I read, it's all contingent on the Cows releasing him, which on face value you'd think should never happen. But apparently he's pissed off at the way the Cows treated him about the police incident in Brissie, which has now apparently been blamed squarely on over-zealous cops, several of which may now be in danger of losing their jobs over the "incident". And with the ongoing uncertainty about his captaincy of the Cows, and the reported rift between him and the coach, it seems 1 of them has to go. And seeing as it would most likely have a poor effect on his play and attitude being stripped of the captaincy and playing under an inferior player there, the Cows may have their hand forced somewhat in releasing him. I also read the Eels were looking at Gower and Orford as options, but they're looking more and more unlikely, which is where Thurston comes in...

Thank GOD he hasn't been linked to the Dragons........:thumbsup:

I personally think he under performs in a big way at club level and seems to be a hugely disruptive personality....

Over zealous cops maybe but how many times has he been in trouble....it seems like at least twice a year, once pre season and once again post season at least.

Having said all that it may be exactly what he needs to fulfill some of his potential.

The Eels seem to chasing every halfback with a pulse. :p

Ross

i assume nothign will be confirmed till the bettign news comes out, but yeah i think they are after him

Yeah what a waste of cap space, the guy needs superstars all around him to look good. Hopefully it happens and Cronulla aggressively chase :worthy:Quade Cooper after the RWC :whistle:

Yeah what a waste of cap space, the guy needs superstars all around him to look good. Hopefully it happens and Cronulla aggressively chase :worthy:Quade Cooper after the RWC :whistle:

I'm a Quad Cooper fan and hope he stays with Union, god knows we need a class 5/8........

He could well be another NRL player who starts to believe his own press and under perform for any club that buys him at the price he's asking.

Ross

Yeah if he stays with Rugby he could atleast come to the 'tahs. Thurston is the most overrated player of all time, Good luck on the signing though Dave:lol:

That would be nice! :woot:

yeh it would i am not a JT fan as a person but you have to appreciate his ability

---------- Post added 19-10-2010 at 05:36 PM ----------

Well, from what I read, it's all contingent on the Cows releasing him, which on face value you'd think should never happen. But apparently he's pissed off at the way the Cows treated him about the police incident in Brissie, which has now apparently been blamed squarely on over-zealous cops, several of which may now be in danger of losing their jobs over the "incident". And with the ongoing uncertainty about his captaincy of the Cows, and the reported rift between him and the coach, it seems 1 of them has to go. And seeing as it would most likely have a poor effect on his play and attitude being stripped of the captaincy and playing under an inferior player there, the Cows may have their hand forced somewhat in releasing him. I also read the Eels were looking at Gower and Orford as options, but they're looking more and more unlikely, which is where Thurston comes in...

he was hard done by the club but having said that he has a bit of history with trouble

---------- Post added 19-10-2010 at 05:41 PM ----------

Thank GOD he hasn't been linked to the Dragons........:thumbsup:

I personally think he under performs in a big way at club level and seems to be a hugely disruptive personality....

Over zealous cops maybe but how many times has he been in trouble....it seems like at least twice a year, once pre season and once again post season at least.

Having said all that it may be exactly what he needs to fulfill some of his potential.

The Eels seem to chasing every halfback with a pulse. :p

Ross

i think he does under perform at club level because he does not have a great deal of talent around him.

he seems to find the spotlight for the wrong reasons sometimes.

the eels chasing every halfback is an understatement mate they even called me and i had to say no because i am primarily a 5/8 :lol:

---------- Post added 19-10-2010 at 05:41 PM ----------

i assume nothign will be confirmed till the bettign news comes out, but yeah i think they are after him

if it is true to start with :lol:

---------- Post added 19-10-2010 at 05:43 PM ----------

i agree as i stated earlier the cowboys dont have a great deal of talent around him. as with quade cooper i am not sure about him

---------- Post added 19-10-2010 at 05:44 PM ----------

I'm a Quad Cooper fan and hope he stays with Union, god knows we need a class 5/8........

He could well be another NRL player who starts to believe his own press and under perform for any club that buys him at the price he's asking.

Ross

yeh he is asking big $$ isnt he

---------- Post added 19-10-2010 at 05:47 PM ----------

Yeah if he stays with Rugby he could atleast come to the 'tahs. Thurston is the most overrated player of all time, Good luck on the signing though Dave:lol:

i am a bit like you i think he shines well with talent around him ie origin and with the eels they have the players to help him acheive some winning plays to help the eels win a game or 2 hopefully but having said that i still think he struggles when its up to him to lift a side at times

---------- Post added 19-10-2010 at 05:49 PM ----------

I don't believe it. Also, whoever made that picture is stupid; it's Johnathan Thurston.

there all fixed, i would hate to think that someone thinks i am bloody STUPID:crazy:#-o[-X

I dont want him or Gower, push mitchell into 7 and Mortimer to 5/8, Robson can go to and spend the $$ on a really good 9, Parra did well when we had Piggy and Kingston, its not too hard to see that.

I dont want him or Gower, push mitchell into 7 and Mortimer to 5/8, Robson can go to and spend the $$ on a really good 9, Parra did well when we had Piggy and Kingston, its not too hard to see that.

i agree to a point as the young fellas need to play along side each other to deveop the combo that they need, and i think with casey coming back will be a big boost to our number 9 spot.

---------- Post added 30-10-2010 at 01:29 AM ----------

thats it parra keep trying to buy a premiership.... its been a few days arnt they due to sack the coach?

yeh we are trying too but obviously we did not pay as much as the storm did to win theirs and rob the teams rhat lost to them in the gf's.

it has been a few days but he has not actually taken full hold of the reins as he is on duty with the kiwi side in the 4 nations so give it a week or 2 after then.

---------- Post added 30-10-2010 at 01:34 AM ----------

Obviously we didn't pay as much as melbourne, LOL. I'd love to see Thurston playing for Parra. He's playing style would fit perfectly... Oh Dave, Are you trying to bump up your thurston capt sig price. heeehee

:lol: i just said that verything myself :lol: our bank balance stayed on the right side of the 2 ledgers :lol: he would fit nicely but i think it is just someone dreaming and thought they would make something of it by starting a rumour..

bumping up the price of the thurston sig :lol: if i am it must have been a preminition that i was going to get the card as i started this thread a week ago :lol: besides i am yet to find out what it is worth :lol:

Well it looks like Orford is getting his release from the Bulls, they just Signed Ex Raider Herbert for the #7 Jersey, word has it he is headed to the eels.

Well it looks like Orford is getting his release from the Bulls, they just Signed Ex Raider Herbert for the #7 Jersey, word has it he is headed to the eels.

yeh i had seen that, it is still all is he or isnt he just like the thurston story the only differrence is that the orford story has some credit to it.

Back
Top Bottom