things we do for our kids

tony

having a break
Real Name
tony white
as some of you will know from past things i have said about my daughter and her hockey adventures.short story is she just missed out on selection for the victorian hockey team as a goalkeeper.
the hockey season finished in the middle of september.then she was asked to participate in the vic sticks talent squad.where they give them months of hard training to help them make the state team.
so since the finish of hockey season once a fortnight i have been taking her to shepparton about 250 k's each way from home.but since she is goalie she has had some extra training.
so in the last month i have had 2 trips to shepparton 1 trip to bendigo where they trained with some of the men from the australian men's team.jamie dywer was one of the better known players there as he is the australian mens captian one is one of the best players in the world.(the kids had a ball mucking around with the australian men's team.not many kids can say that)and i have just got home from a day at essendon hockey centre training with the coaches from the victorian institute of sport.
so in the last 4 weeks i have traveled just over 2000 k's just for my daughters hockey training.
i hope as she gets a bit older she appreciates what we have done to help her have a go.
does anybody else do these sort of things for there kids ?
and don't thing i am complaining because i have a ball watching her grow and get better and better and just the two of us tend to spend a lot of time together and has brought me closer to my 13 year old little girl.
here is a couple of picture of her training and in a game at the state hockey centre in melbourne
tony :D

DSCF5171.JPG

DSCF5158.JPG

DSCF5156.JPG

DSCF5178.JPG

Nice work Tony!! I personally cant wait to have kids....and things like this are just part of it!! At least you get to spend a lot of time with your daughter in the car....I bet you have gotten to know each other better!! :D

That's amazing Tony, well done mate!!

And although we don't have children, some things like this are things you would do just because you can.

Top stuff!! Hope your daughter gets better and better mate.

Sorry to hear about her not getting selected, but that is an awesome story.
I hope this minor set back makes her better and hungrier and i am sure when she is interviewed after winning a gold medal she will thank you both for the support and effort.

Hi Tony,

It is very important for our kids to see us doing things like that as they are growing. Its called bonding :D

I grew up with my dad being away coz he needed to go overseas to work so he can support his 7 kids... I dont blame him at all but it caused us not to be as close as I wanted to be.

Thats why I try to do things for my daughter. I always go to her school functions and always take her to the movies. She is just 8 yrs old but into playing basketball. I also encourage her to participate at school in any extra curricular activites and one night she came home and said to me "Dad, I auditioned for the school choir." I felt good about that. She waited a week for the result and last Friday she came home & told us that she got in... It makes me feel good when she achieved sumthing.

You see this is the time when we do things like this for them. Go out with them, encourage them, teach them good morals and good behaviour. They will only grow up once and we don't wanna miss this only chance.

So good on ya! And you never sounded like you complained at all.

But 250k one way to drive, man that is hard work! Keep it up... :thumbsup:

Thats fantastic mate,I am sure ya little lass already appreciates what you have done with her.Those are memories that will stay with you both for ever.
Thats probably the best thing i have ever read on this forum.
Top stuff,I take my hat off to you.I wish her all the best for next season & congrats to her for making it this far.Wonderfull :D:D:D

All those road trips, you're making me car sick, lol. I think it's a god thing you're giving her every opportunity. I'm sure she will appreciate it, one day. I'm at that stage now myself, thinking about what the parents have done for me.
Good work. It will be rewarding one day when she's in the Aussie team!

Back
Top Bottom