The Official MIAMI HEAT Thread!

Miami narrowly escape with another victory! LeBron was on fire to start the fourth and helped complete the Heat comeback..I can't believe they firstly got down by 27 points to a severely undermanned Cavs team and then to claw back from that hole was amazing. Not the prettiest finish but a win is a win!

Even though the Heat have won 24 games in a row and pulled off some gritty comebacks in that stretch, I have to say that it doesn't make Miami significantly better than San Antonio or the Thunder, if at all. Look at the overall record of the Spurs at 52-16 vs Miami's 53-13. They had to win that many games just to win one game more than the Spurs, it just goes how the Spurs are rolling even with injuries to key players at different points of the season while Miami have had an essentially healthy core the whole season. If the Heat meet the Spurs in the Finals, which I think they are, I wouldn't even call the Heat favourites to win it. Struggling against an undermanned Celtics and Cavaliers team are not hallmarks of a championship team. Mental lapses like this in the playoffs can cost a whole series with a pivotal game. I think they need to work on putting away teams early and resting up instead of playing lackadaisically and having to play hero basketball to pull off a win. They need to be at the stage where they are sharpening up every aspect of their game right now. You look at the teams that have had chances to beat the Heat in their run so far (all 5 points or less margin of victory except the OT game)...Charlotte, twice by Cleveland, an overtime with Sacramento, Orlando, a Celtics team without Garnett and Rondo, Philadelphia...it's just a bit sloppy, it's as if they need to be engaged mentally before they really try to put away teams.

3 more games upcoming with bottom cellar teams...I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them take Miami down, which would be a real shame because those teams wouldn't have beat the Heat; the Heat would have beat themselves. And if you're the Heat, I don't think you want the legacy of such a historic feat being stopped by a far lesser opponent.

Comeback wins IMO are essential going into a playoff series. Regardless of who it is against. It shows determination, strength and composure. All of which is needed to win a championship.

Spurs at 52-16 vs Miami's 53-13.

The bleeding Spurs argument, you know they are good, I know they are good, the NBA knows they are good, it's just that nobody wants us to know they are good.
But they have mismatches that IMO favour the Heat, so I can't see them winning.
Tough thing is SAS will need to beat LAL and we all know that will be tough.
Then they will face and have to beat two of the following, MEM, OKC, LAC or DEN. And then they have to face Miami.
If SAS does this, Pop is the greatest coach ever.

The bleeding Spurs argument, you know they are good, I know they are good, the NBA knows they are good, it's just that nobody wants us to know they are good.
But they have mismatches that IMO favour the Heat, so I can't see them winning.
Tough thing is SAS will need to beat LAL and we all know that will be tough.
Then they will face and have to beat two of the following, MEM, OKC, LAC or DEN. And then they have to face Miami.
If SAS does this, Pop is the greatest coach ever.

Spot on, same argument I made last year about why OKC wouldn't win.

They had to go through Dallas, Lakers, Spurs and then the Heat. All teams with Championship pedigree. Pretty tough.

In saying that, I hope the Spurs can get there and give it a shake.

Back
Top Bottom