The Official MIAMI HEAT Thread!

Re: 2010-2011 Official Miami Heat Thread

Long time Wade junkie first time Heat supporter here, can't wait to see how next year turns out :D

Long time Wade junkie first time Heat supporter here, can't wait to see how next year turns out :D

Nice to have you on board Nicko. I think I'm one of the biggest Heat fans on this board, and longest running as well (even before the Wade days).

I'm excited to see who we fill out the roster with. I'm still waiting on J-Will to come back. Disappointed to see Raja Bell just decided to sign with the Jazz.

Wade, LeBron, Bosh, Chalmers, Mike Miller, Udonis and Big Z is a pretty damn good start.

That's 7 players. We'll need 13 under contract to per NBA rules, but I reckon our rotation will probably only be 10 players or so.

Get another point guard, a big body and another versatile shooter in there and I think we'll be looking sharp!

Hey Jimbo - whats your thoughts on my man Mario getting the starting PG gig?

Here comes the bandwagon! ;) :D

bandwagon.jpg

I'll be looking forward to the Heat/Hawk games, as the Heat have now surpassed the Celtics as my most hated. :p

Hey Jimbo - whats your thoughts on my man Mario getting the starting PG gig?

Well he hasn't got the starting gig down pay right yet.

I don't think Miami has that much confidence in him - so his play this season will really determine how he is used in the future.

The fact that the Heat tried so hard to get a guy like Derek Fisher, who is older and slower than Chalmers shows that they don't think he has the experience or mental make-up to be that guy for them yet.

That said I think he's got a great opportunity in front of him, and I think he has all the tools to be a really good player.

Great defensively, long arms, good motor, good perimeter shooter and creative passer.

Things don't look good at the moment since he injured his ankle and is out a month..

always been a FLorida fan (orlando back in the shaq/penny days) and started supporting heat when i got back into b-ball in '03! i have loved watching them come along those years especially when my childhood hero came to town and brought them a championship! now comes the new era with 2 of my favorite young players in Wade and James. this is gonna be exciting! i cant wait! p.s i really want one of those old school throw back miami jerseys wih the stripes down one side and a number 6 on it. :)

oh and i would like you to meet My Monkey, Sebastian!

11238_174899949203_502614203_2705737_4920023_n.jpg

Lebron can run the point!

You're definitely not wrong.

If the Miami coaching staff is smart they will use LeBron in a point-forward role, setting up and running the offense like Scottie Pippen did for the Bulls of the 90's.

Playing to Bron's strengths are important, and ball-handling, play-making and creating shots for others is one of his biggest strengths.

In crunch time I don't think they will have a point on the floor. Depending on match-ups that could change but I definitely wouldn't shy away from a crunch-time lineup of Wade, James, Mike Miller, Haslem and Bosh.

---------- Post added 15-07-2010 at 05:55 PM ----------

always been a FLorida fan (orlando back in the shaq/penny days) and started supporting heat when i got back into b-ball in '03! i have loved watching them come along those years especially when my childhood hero came to town and brought them a championship! now comes the new era with 2 of my favorite young players in Wade and James. this is gonna be exciting! i cant wait! p.s i really want one of those old school throw back miami jerseys wih the stripes down one side and a number 6 on it. :)

oh and i would like you to meet My Monkey, Sebastian!

11238_174899949203_502614203_2705737_4920023_n.jpg

Man that monkey is great! I'm going to have to get myself some form of stuffed toy supporter.

Mike Miller finally with the Heat

After days of delays over paperwork procedures, free agent Mike Miller is in Miami to make his commitment official. Miller agreed to a five-year deal with the Heat on Monday and is expected to sign his contract Thursday. One of the reasons for the holdup was that forward Michael Beasley, traded by the Heat last week, needed to get to Minnesota to complete his physical and clear his $4.9 million salary off Miami's slate of contracts. Miami Herald

Great news i thought they had lost him for a while there at the start of the week.
This team is shaping up to be a real threat next season.

Hopefully OneHD and ESPN show plenty of games :D

Great news i thought they had lost him for a while there at the start of the week.
This team is shaping up to be a real threat next season.

Hopefully OneHD and ESPN show plenty of games :D

With you on that one, 3 Stars, heaps of depth, looking for the Heat. Should be an entertaining team to watch!

With you on that one, 3 Stars, heaps of depth, looking for the Heat. Should be an entertaining team to watch!

Not heaps of depth yet but definitely getting there!

Chalmers, Wade, Bron, Miller, Bosh, Haslem and Ilgauskas are 7 pretty decent starting points.

The concern is no longer PG because both Wade and Bron can play the point, and even Mike Miller could sometimes play point-forward.

The biggest hole will definitely be center, we lack the athletic and big bangers to really take on Dwight Howard and the Gasol/Bynum tandem.

Howard, Miller, Quin is pretty good depth lol. But you're right though, a descent Big bodied bigman is definetly required.

---------- Post added 16-07-2010 at 11:58 AM ----------

Bring back Zo lol

Here comes the bandwagon! ;) :D

bandwagon.jpg

I'll be looking forward to the Heat/Hawk games, as the Heat have now surpassed the Celtics as my most hated. :p

Hold up can I jump on that, I got no shame, Im a Lebron fan not a cleveland fan I never liked Cleveland, I have always liked Wade too so MIAMI BABY 2010 and FOREVER (or until LBJ leaves) :)

---------- Post added 16-07-2010 at 05:20 PM ----------

Hello guys!!! ;)

Haha love it Alf.

Back
Top Bottom