The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

No celebrating after the win over the Spurs??? Not a bad game from Farmar in his return. I didn't see the game but from the looks of it we either shut them down or they didn't show up.

Where were you on that one Mason? :p

In the meantime you could hear a pin drop in here as far as Laker fans are concerned. It's almost like we lost to the Bobcats in double OT with Kobe fouling out. :lol:

Let's hope we start this road trip off the right way. An expected win over the T'Wolves today would be a nice start. ;)

Are the Lakers the new Suns???

Giving up 120pts in a win??

As far as I know, the NBA still award wins to teams that score more than the opposition :rolleyes: I don't mind clever trolling, but Lakers shut this one down early in the 3rd and gave up 34 pts in garbage time.

Another great game by Drew...this kid is growing into the quality player we thought he could be. Another strong all round game by Kobe. Another strong game by All Star Pau. Good to see Ariza back.

Lakers are just cruising on auto pilot at the moment...alarm clock is set for April. :D

Are the Lakers the new Suns???

Giving up 120pts in a win??

Not sure about all that mate. I hear Kendrick Perkins is the new Junkyard Dog However... :lol:

image185.gif

I knew there was a reason I wasn't posting in this thread after wins...hope Drew isn't too bad, xrays were negative at least.
:(

What happened??? Anything serious? :eek:

Was looking forward to the Gasol/Gasol game, but had a family B'Day on today...

Checked it out, looks like a sprain apparently. Not sure how bad but this is all we needed. Kid was starting to shine heaps and it's evident that we need him healthy to get anywhere. We always get plagued by injuries it seems.

From NBA.com;

Bynum missed the final 46 games of last season with a left knee injury he suffered against Memphis on Jan. 13, 2008.

Reinjured in Memphis a little over 2 weeks and a year from the date, 46 games into the season. Looks like a Memphis curse but more likely a cluster **** of a coincidence. :(

Let's hope he has an 'Odom-esque' type injury and recovery. We need you healthy young fella! :thumbsup:

Lakers C Bynum suffers right knee sprain - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Not the same leg as last year, but looks like he'll be out for a while...just as he was finding form too...:cry:

Thanks mate, I checked it out. With no breaks and all that, let's just hope he's not out for too long. I can't imagine a sprain will keep him from being back when we need him the most. Still a damper on his progression, no doubt he'll be back, but will he be rusty or pick up where he left off...

It would be good to see him back sooner rather than later but i really hate to see a player with his kind of future get his career cut short by injury. Hopefully he's OK but i just dont like the fact that he's had 2 or 3 left knee injuries and now a right knee 1.

It would be good to see him back sooner rather than later but i really hate to see a player with his kind of future get his career cut short by injury. Hopefully he's OK but i just dont like the fact that he's had 2 or 3 left knee injuries and now a right knee 1.

You're right man, doesn't look good in that sense. A career ending injury is the last thing you want for any player, and once you got a history of this in more cases it ends badly, especially when it's happening to a guy this young.

I'll stay optimistuc though and hope for the best. :)

Bynum will be out for 8-12 weeks with a torn MCL.
From ESPN:

NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum will miss eight to 12 weeks after tearing the medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

Bynum was hurt in the first quarter of Saturday night's win at Memphis. Kobe Bryant drove to the basket, missed the shot and crashed into Bynum's right leg. Bynum immediately grabbed his knee.

Bynum is the Lakers' third-leading scorer and second-leading rebounder, averaging 14.0 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks.

Bynum will be out for 8-12 weeks with a torn MCL.
From ESPN:

Well that really hurts, looks like Pau will have to step back up the C (he played much better at PF) and Odom will more than likely take the PF spot again (yet i think he played better at SF). This really hurts the Lakers chances now, he was playing some good ball and allowing kobe to rest knowing that Bynum could put the points up. I can really see this injury dropping the Lakers behind the Celts, Magic, Cavs and probably even the Hornets now that west is back. Should tighten the west up a bit tho.

Damn, that hurts. Dejavu and then some...

He could be back before the end of the season, he could miss the first round of the playoffs and then of course they could choose not to bring him back in at all to avoid another injury like last season.

I don't know what to think at this stage as far as how the rest of the season will play out. :(

I supppose they just gotta grind it out and get that number 1 seed like they still can. We did it last season, why not this season? Losing Bynum is a huge blow but we still got a decent enough roster to cope with the loss. Suck it up and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom