The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Great game beating the Cavs for the Lakers, looks like the scoring load was real balanced and Cavs really showed how much they miss both Delonte West and Zyrundas Ilgauskas as it seems Bron didn't have much help..

Bynum having a huge first half, still 6:30 left in the second and he already has 23 on 10/12 shooting, 9 boards and 2 blocks. Can he keep it up? Maybe he wont need to since Kobe has only put up 1 shot so far..lol Maybe his finger is troubling him more than we think.

This game is like the one that the Spurs put up for Robinson to get the scoring title.

The Clippers front line is so terrible with a rookie 2nd round starter and no help. Being fed as he is I wouldn't be surprised for him to match Robinson's 50pt effort.

Nice win and a couple of big or maybe huge games by Bynum and Odom.
Odom played 28 minutes and came up with 19 pt, 9 boards and 3 blocks, very nice. While on the other hand u had...........

Bynum
42 pt's on 17/24 shooting
15 boards (8 Offensive)
3 Blocks
in 36 minutes game time, where has this Bynum been?
I know the Clippers front court isnt the strongest in the league but i really think Bynum has to realise he has the size and the body to put up good numbers every game, sure he's not gonna put up 40 and 15 every night but he is able to post 15-20 pts and 10-15 boards every night especially if Kobe is getting doubled and everyone is hitting there shots.

Almost forgot that Kobe got another triple double, 18 pts, 10 boards and 12 dimes.

Nice Bynum and it was getting close at the end when all Kobe wanted to do was pass to bynum.

We get nothing out of this game except for a W against the (depleted) Clips and perhaps some increased confidence for Drew.

Kobe is doing a great job giving up the ball - 45 assists in the last 4 games. :D

Catch, back up and shoot close the basket. He shoots a high FG% and basically was fed all night and the %'s said he should score more often than not against that frontline.

I predicted 50pts for him but he fell 8pts short. Don't see it as a break thru game as much as a complete mismatch recognised by the Lakers.

Manute Bol would of gone for 40pts at least yesterday.

Great game by the Lakers today, good spread offensively from the whole team, including the bench. Bynum played another cracker.

Catch, back up and shoot close the basket. He shoots a high FG% and basically was fed all night and the %'s said he should score more often than not against that frontline.

I predicted 50pts for him but he fell 8pts short. Don't see it as a break thru game as much as a complete mismatch recognised by the Lakers.

LOL its ok to say something nice Chad, we wont hold it against u :D

Haha Manute Bol couldn't score 14 points!

But yeah your probably right about Bynum's repetoire. I see Dwight has been using the sweeping hookshot a bit nowadays

I see Dwight has been using the sweeping hookshot a bit nowadays

Keep it on topic mate... ;) (jk)

A nice (unsurprising) easy win over the Wizards before we face the Spurs again in a few days time. Heaps of rest with three days between games will benefit us big time, I think they'll hadle their business come monday if they don't lose focus. I don't think I can handle losing to them again this season, especially in LA.

BEAT THE SPURS! :cool:

Farmar's rehab looks like it's coming along nicely. He seems eagar to get back out there and make an impact. Fisher needs the rest and the Lakers need a healthy rotation from All-Star break and onwards, instead of having to make all these adjustments. The way they play (if at full health) in the second half of the season will be vital to preparation for the playoffs, it's not something they can just turn on and off. Bring back the team that had the same tanacity in the first 10 games of the season, at the same time we're far from the deep end, we're still stacking up the wins but they still need to step up it up.

Jordan seems to think he'll be back for the upcoming 6 game road trip, not sure if it's a reality but if he is I just hope it's at full health and he's ready. Having a full squad in our return to Boston and Cleveland will definitely make it interesting and up the ante.

Two very tough road games within 3 days of each other. It's a bit much to ask for a season sweep over the beasts of the east and it ain't a Championship, but how sweet would that be? :thumbsup:

[youtube]MRi0uMePhtE[/youtube]

So we're behind a few, it all evens out in the end and the road trips catch up with every team eventually. I wouldn't call the 4 or 5 road games that you guys got on us a big deal, we'll still be #1 in the West come February the 10th when we host the Thunder.

Don't wanna jinx us, but I think we'll take at least 4 of 6 of those road games, you would think so anyway. If somehow we go 6 of 6, or at least manage to get a win in that last game, we'll see who's laughing then. It won't be Drew Carrey. ;)

Terrible pass by Walton.

Diaw should of got at least a shot off...

Double OT!

Headline from my point of view here in Melb should be

'Lakers feel the heat' LOL

No Kobe for the OT too...

chad the lakers should not rely on kobe to score all the time

LOL Right on Steve o :lol:

Bynum was killing it in OT's. Going to him was the only time the offense didn't look lost without Kobe there in the last two OT's.

Bobcats are tough, they test a lot of the good teams and we were lucky to beat them a few times relying on buzzer beaters.

Back
Top Bottom