The Official 2017 ESP/TLA NRL TRADERS thread. (Some new signing images added)

I'm not sure I can recall a release that has had less of a secondary market than this one.

Is it a symptom of people picking single teams in case breaks and not having spares or just less product in total being busted? Ebay has a very small selection too. Maybe sellers are holding cards back to keep prices high? I haven't been looking too hard, but I'm yet to see an image of a Hoffman sig.
i have only seen 1 Jennings sig,
havent seen about another 5 odd either

I'm far less impulsive about cards these days so I am happy to play the long game rather than get in a bidding frenzy with the first one that turns up.

A worrying trend though... I'm sure Elite will be much more popular, it is always the release I focus on.

I'm far less impulsive about cards these days so I am happy to play the long game rather than get in a bidding frenzy with the first one that turns up.

A worrying trend though... I'm sure Elite will be much more popular, it is always the release I focus on.

I think we're all in the same boat - the releases are similar each year, box prices are similar, so the prices of the cards should be around the same...

I think we're all in the same boat - the releases are similar each year, box prices are similar, so the prices of the cards should be around the same...

I think its a case of people being a lot smarter with their collecting these days......in the past there was a huge rush out of the gate to buy boxes, pick up cards for your collection before others snapped them up.

For Traders it seems that maybe for around $100 - 150 (cost of a box)? will get you everything you need for team set except for the signatures and predictors.

So the choice comes down to.

1) Buy a box and hope you pull some of the cards you need.

2) Buy a team master set straight up.

3) Join group case breaks which people are doing. You usually get all the cards you need out of a case break (less signatures).

Like many people, I'm not in any rush to pick up the cards...... wait till the market bottoms out then pick up the cards you need.

Cheers
Matt

This is totally going to differ with opinions but as an average this is why i think people just collect their teams now.
There are to many to collect and the cost is enormous

upload_2017-3-19_10-26-20.png

This is totally going to differ with opinions but as an average this is why i think people just collect their teams now.
There are to many to collect and the cost is enormous

upload_2017-3-19_10-26-20.png
Those are the moments I'm happy I'm just a team collector

Even being a team collector is expensive these days when you look at the way ESP are going with the elite by adding /10 series of parallels

It's hard to say. I reckon there must be a lot that hasn't been busted yet. I've only seen a handful of Oates sigs and Broncos predictors, yet I reckon I've seen 30+ Tallis legends between here and eBay. I'm considering getting a couple more boxes because I'm over waiting for them to pop up.

I thought exactly the same, very little in the way of box break posts around here and most are only after their teams in terms of buy/sell/trade.
Those after the majority of the set have probably bought cases or multiple boxes.

What do we think is a fair value for a SAS signature and Premeirship predictor?
It seems stange that the SASS are so much more expensive than a league sensation, I guess they're not as easy to come across, but how does e.g. Konrad Hurrell/Lachlan Burr signature # to 100 card sell for $180-250 yet a Greg Bird/Chris McQueen and Nate Myles # to 130 sell for $40-60 at times and there's only 30 more of them!

Surely the signature Card in a lower end release should be easier to get (maybe numbered to 200) and cheaper than those in Elite?

Interested to see how others feel about this?

I don't no how predictors are selling for so much, 217 cards from each team close to 3500 in total that I can't work out? I no it's a predictor card but cards limited to lower numbers sell way less than some of these

It's hard to say. I reckon there must be a lot that hasn't been busted yet. I've only seen a handful of Oates sigs and Broncos predictors, yet I reckon I've seen 30+ Tallis legends between here and eBay. I'm considering getting a couple more boxes because I'm over waiting for them to pop up.

i would be happy to hit anything :lol: i have bought like 9 boxes from 2 newsagents and hit nothing over 2 gold sas cards :lol:

I have been out of the loop on NRL cards for a couple of years,but I'm liking the look of the new Traders.Can someone please let me know if the Black,and the Gold SAS Signature cards are just printed signatures?

Back
Top Bottom