The Official 2017 ESP/TLA NRL TRADERS thread. (Some new signing images added)

Who are the images on the puzzle pieces?
Tries (Back Image – Storm – Vunivalu)
Points (Back Image – Raiders – Croker)
Tackles (Back Image – Roosters – Friend)
Hit-Ups (Back Image – Bulldogs – Graham)
Meters Gained (Back Image – Bulldogs – Graham)
Line Breaks (Back Image – Raiders – Rapana)

brought my first trading cards in about 15 years today. got the newsagent hang pack of the NRL traders (the ones that come with 3 packs and a milestone card).

brought 4 hang packs and the picks of the crop were the following:

• Tim Mannah Startoons
  • Tyson Frizell Club Hero
  • Tom Trbojevic Club Hero
  • Ryan Hoffman Black SAS signature series.
i'll be buying some hard cases for these.

Hi everyone an update from ESP:

With regards to the Ben Henry retirement card, we have discovered over the weekend that this card has an error on it, the image on the right is actually Elijah Taylor and not Ben Henry.

We go to great lengths to ensure the information on all of NRL Trading Cards is correct, the designs pass through a number of people internally and at the NRL as part of our approval process, however occasionally errors occur. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for supporting to 2017 Traders series.

We are in the process of reprinting this card using the correct image.

Should a collector wish to exchange the error card it can be sent via registered post to:

TLA World Wide
Suite 101 to 103
22 to 36 Mountain Street
Ultimo Sydney 2007
Attention TLA/NRL Card Customer Service

Thank you for your support.

thumbnail_Ben Henry Retirement Error Card (2).jpg

Is anyone collecting the 2017 traders? Are they worth it?

I think most just collect their own team purely because of cost, as for being worth it is really up to you because its a varied opinion for many different reasons ie quality, cost, card design, box hit ratio's etc i would suggest buying a few packs, check out the sell sheet and have a think about it :)

I think most just collect their own team purely because of cost, as for being worth it is really up to you because its a varied opinion for many different reasons ie quality, cost, card design, box hit ratio's etc i would suggest buying a few packs, check out the sell sheet and have a think about it :)
Yeah i like the design-more concerned about the hit ratios

I think if you want to collect it for an investment ie to sell in the future then no, there is very little of ESP's product that has maintained or increased in value, that is largely due to the actions of collectors themselves and the conduct of ESP. With the new trend in team breaks most collectors tend to only pursue their team cards and this definitely makes it worth it.

Hi everyone an update from ESP:

With regards to the Ben Henry retirement card, we have discovered over the weekend that this card has an error on it, the image on the right is actually Elijah Taylor and not Ben Henry.

We go to great lengths to ensure the information on all of NRL Trading Cards is correct, the designs pass through a number of people internally and at the NRL as part of our approval process, however occasionally errors occur. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for supporting to 2017 Traders series.

We are in the process of reprinting this card using the correct image.

Should a collector wish to exchange the error card it can be sent via registered post to:

TLA World Wide
Suite 101 to 103
22 to 36 Mountain Street
Ultimo Sydney 2007
Attention TLA/NRL Card Customer Service

Thank you for your support.

thumbnail_Ben Henry Retirement Error Card (2).jpg

that is just embarrassing.......lol

I think if you want to collect it for an investment ie to sell in the future then no, there is very little of ESP's product that has maintained or increased in value, that is largely due to the actions of collectors themselves and the conduct of ESP. With the new trend in team breaks most collectors tend to only pursue their team cards and this definitely makes it worth it.

To clarify one point though on is it worth it, the trend of participating in team breaks is fantastic for the dealer but can be disappointing for the collector as an alarming number of cases opened in the latest and previous releases have more often than not seen all the hits go to one team.

To clarify one point though on is it worth it, the trend of participating in team breaks is fantastic for the dealer but can be disappointing for the collector as an alarming number of cases opened in the latest and previous releases have more often than not seen all the hits go to one team.

I don't think there is anything in this Dave. I have seen team case breaks, both set teams and random where a particular team has cleaned up and I have also seen plenty of breaks where the hits have been evenly distributed.

I have busted plenty of packets, starters and loose boxes of various products over the years and often just pulled one teams inserts. It really is just random luck.

I don't think there is anything in this Dave. I have seen team case breaks, both set teams and random where a particular team has cleaned up and I have also seen plenty of breaks where the hits have been evenly distributed.

I have busted plenty of packets, starters and loose boxes of various products over the years and often just pulled one teams inserts. It really is just random luck.

That is one opinion yes.....

Are you looking at team collecting or full set collecting??

If you are looking at master set collecting wait on the low end stuff for a few months and will be very cheap on the market

Most team collectors like getting there stuff almost on release that I know (me included)

Are you looking at team collecting or full set collecting??

If you are looking at master set collecting wait on the low end stuff for a few months and will be very cheap on the market

Most team collectors like getting there stuff almost on release that I know (me included)
Probably looking at team collecting but would keep high end inserts from any team

I think the SAS Signed cards will definitely hold their value being limited to /100, last year's have too

Predictor values remains to be seen due to a: whether ESP will let you redeem non-premiership winning teams individually and b: who the premiership front-runners will be

Back
Top Bottom