The offical MICHAEL JORDAN thread!!!!!!!!

What do you guys think about the Retro 6's coming out?

The Olympic Version:

air-jordan-6-olympics-3.jpg

They look like something that could have been released back in the day and they could have got away with it then, just not really appealing now though and I'm a huge fan of the 6's, always wanted to get another pair but I'll be skipping these...

Nice 7's by the way mate, even with the slightly similar colour way, those look heaps better without the rainbow (olympic) colours splashed all over. :thumbsup:

Aussiemjfreak: They have a 35% discount right now at footlocker you might wanna check it out. The white/stealth color way is selling pretty low at eastbay.com compared to its black and red/white counterpart. They look really good when worn casually. Not really 100% awesome to ball in because the "finger-like" projections in the toe-box area pinches my toes a bit. Ankle support and cushion are excellent though. Hope this info helps mate.

Oz: At first I thought the AJ6 looked alright till I had a closer look. I can live with the funky Olympic colors however the shinny patent leather and that toe-box design drove me crazy. I can pass on this one easy(alot of kick heads said this a month ago too) but look at it now, the darn thing has completely sold out. I was told it would hit Aussie shores sometime in July or August(released online last June 7). Still its a good fix for AJ6 fans. Btw, the AJ7 will also come out in this Olympic colorway. Cheers mate and have a good one!

From the world of Bill Simmons (ESPN) on Jordan and the BobCats draft -

Our first stunner of the night: Charlotte reaching for D.J. Augustin at No. 9, followed by a shot of a devastated Brook Lopez in the stands. Hey, any time you have a chance to grab a career backup with the ninth pick, you gotta do it.
(Do you think Charlotte's war room is located on the ninth hole at MJ's golf course? Like, it's basically him on his cell phone and two other guys on Treos trying to rush the pick in before they sneak in nine more holes? The Bobcats might be the worst-run franchise in the league. And that's saying something. If MJ's Bulls career was like Ted Danson's run on "Cheers," then his Wizards comeback was "Becker," and this current Bobcats debacle is definitely "Help Me Help You.")

Hey all,

Just a quick thanks to all those members here who sent me an email supporting me and a huge thanks goes to Matt and Rhys for helping me out. I'm now back and will post accordingly here.

Cheers Jay!

This is like when Jordan came out of retirement the second time to play for the wizards :)

Ahhh thanks for reminding me Gary. Brings back the good old days of the Jordan vs NY dual.

You reminded me of this "comeback" game way back 13 yrs ago;)
[youtube]Hcy_x5IKgEo[/youtube]

Ahhh thanks for reminding me Gary. Brings back the good old days of the Jordan vs NY dual.

You reminded me of this "comeback" game way back 13 yrs ago;)
[youtube]Hcy_x5IKgEo[/youtube]

actually i think it was CHICAGO vs New York duel...oh well, here we go again. :D

10 Greatest Players in NBA History
Jordan is firmly at #1 no doubt again:
411mania.com: Sports - The Quick Report 07.28.08: 10 Greatest Players in NBA History

1. Michael Jordan

Okay, I know it's a little obvious and I don't mean little. The three names that the average fan thinks of when they think of the NBA are Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan, but let's be honest, Michael's still on another level than Magic and Larry. When I look at Michael Jordan's accomplishments it never fails to amaze me. Let see, six NBA Championships, five MVP awards, six NBA Finals MVP awards, ten NBA scoring titles and a career stat line of 30 ppg, 6.2 rpg and 5.3 apg. Still, why Michael is the greatest player in NBA history goes far beyond the awards and stats. Never was there a player more suited for the big stage than Michael Jordan. When you saw him play it was obvious that Michael Jordan needed to win as much as he needed air. Whenever he was in a game there was never any doubt that he the best player on the floor.

More so than at any time in NBA history, in Michael Jordan's prime there was never any doubt who the best player in the league was. Today you can debate on Kobe vs. LeBron, but when Michael was leading the Bulls to those six championships it was a joke to even pretend a player was better than he was(just as Charles Barkley and Karl Malone). Michael Jordan led the Bulls to six NBA Championships without a major low post presence. That just doesn't happen, people. Today every superstar that enters the league is asked to pass the Michael Jordan test. Most have failed and none have completely succeeded. In a sport you only get one truly great player. That one player that transcends the sport. For baseball it was Babe Ruth, golf has Tiger and boxing had Ali. Basketball has Michael Jordan, the greatest.

Man.... i wished i was born before michael jordan was owning the NCAA Hehe

Michael Jordan still wants to play (you can tell):
[youtube]d-3oO7SO64g[/youtube]

Younger Jordan getting better
More complete player with new jump shot

Younger Jordan getting better :: The Courier News :: Sports
August 26, 2008

By SCOTT POWERS Sun-Times News Group

It all began with the jumper.

Before the start of the summer, Young senior Marcus Jordan knew it was the one aspect of his game that needed to improve. His coaches told him that. His dad -- former Bulls star Michael Jordan -- told him that. The rankings, which didn't list his name, told him that.

For him to prove he was more than just a good high school player with a great last name, Jordan realized he had to show he could consistently shoot the ball.

As he put up shot after shot with former Young teammate AJ Rompza at Joy of the Game on a recent August afternoon and as the ball fell through the net more often than not, Jordan showed again what coaches and scouts throughout the country saw this summer: His jumper had arrived.

Put that jumper together with Jordan's already superior ability to get to the rim and finish under almost any circumstance, and ...

"I'm just a whole other player now," Jordan said.

Months before Jordan was putting up 30 points on teams at the Peach Jam in July and his name was being bolded by scouting services, the process to the new and improved jumper began with long hours in the gym. It took another step when he attended Paul Pierce's and LeBron James' camps.

Finally, his confidence arrived.

"I think the whole summer was a learning experience," Jordan said. "I went to Paul Pierce's camp and I went to LeBron, and they helped me work on my game personally. I learned how to get open, and I really learned by making the jump shot I can get to the basket easier."

Jordan first saw progress at the Kingwood Classic. He was up against Oklahoma recruit Tommy Mason-Griffin, and while Mason-Griffin had 18 points, Jordan had 16 -- all coming off his jumper.

The peak of his jumper, his game and his summer came at Peach Jam. It was the tournament he and his AAU coach, the Rising Stars' Brian Davis, had talked about for some time.

"At that point he'd been getting looks from college, but I told him, 'You have to make a move here,'" Davis said.

Jordan understood that.

"When I got to Peach Jam, I just wanted to do me and get my name out there," Jordan said. "I definitely just wanted to get out there and kill everybody I played. I definitely felt like I left a statement."

Going for 20-plus points every game, Jordan impressed nearly everyone. Facing the likes of Mason-Griffin and highly ranked John Wall, Jordan held his own.

"He was really assertive at Peach Jam," Davis said. "He's hard to guard because he can score in so many different ways. He's grown up in all aspects of the game."

Despite his success at Peach Jam, to the surprise of both Jordan and Davis, interest from major colleges remains lukewarm.

For now, Jordan's list includes Toledo, Nebraska, Iowa State and Miami (Fla.).

"It surprised me I didn't get as many phone calls, but it is what it is," Jordan said. "I definitely feel I'm a high-major guy. I want to prove that to people."

While it has been rumored that Jordan might end up at Illinois like his brother Jeff, a sophomore guard, the younger Jordan has no intention of following his older brother.

"No, Illinois is not in the mix," Jordan said. "I want to go to my own school and create my own thing. I don't want to go to Jeff's school."

Man.... i wished i was born before michael jordan was owning the NCAA Hehe

Michael Jordan still wants to play (you can tell):
[youtube]d-3oO7SO64g[/youtube]

That wasn't a bad interview. Sucks it cuts off though. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom