The offical MICHAEL JORDAN thread!!!!!!!!

Got the new countdown pack 6 and 17. MJ wore the AJ 6 during the Bull's first championship campaign. Arrived in limited quantity in AU. Let's just say it was a very cold 3 degree wait this morning.
DSC02383.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/shoesncards4life/My%20Shoes/DSC02385.jpg[/quote]

aren't those air jordan's from the first part of the 1991-92 season? kind of like a air jordan 6 series II

aren't those air jordan's from the first part of the 1991-92 season? kind of like a air jordan 6 series II

absolutely correct mate. great shoe history. the original carmines where released on May 1991. Only last may 24th where they ever re-released/retroed. these are the retro shoes.

absolutely correct mate. great shoe history. the original carmines where released on May 1991. Only last may 24th where they ever re-released/retroed. these are the retro shoes.

They are the best ones in my opinion. Can I ask you what the twin pack cost? You can PM me if you want.

Hehehe...well my small collection is nothing compared to the 100s and even 1000s that belong to some of the sneakerheads I meet during exclusive launches in OZ. But MANY MANY MANY thanks for appreciating.:)

I try not collect everything that comes out. Only the shoes that are personally meaningful to me. Haven't seen the AJ 6 carmines since 1996 so it was a must have. I did use the AJ17 to play ball in last Sunday.

Wallace: Yes mate there are some shoes in my collection I don't ever wear. I am saving em for my son or for some future sales. Some are still in the boxes. Pics below. I edited the pic. i couldn't fit inside the cupboard to get a view.

thanks again guys!

ShoeCabinet.jpg

MyShoes2.jpg

That is an awesome collection! You must be related to Imelda Marcos!:D Thanks for showing, Kabayan!!! :thumbsup:

I had the #11, #12 and #13 and the jumpmans when I was in NZ and playing alot of bball!;)

------------------------------------

That is an awesome collection! You must be related to Imelda Marcos!:D Thanks for showing, Kabayan!!! :thumbsup:

I had the #11, #12 and #13 and the jumpmans when I was in NZ and playing alot of bball!;)

Hahaha!:lol:How did you know mate???

I miss the 11's as well. When it comes out in December I'll be sure to line-up again. Its on my top 3 faves!

Thanks ulit!!!

And some more latest news on Jordan:
Jordan says Knicks are on winning track
by Marc Berman, New York Post

Michael Jordan and Isiah Thomas feuded as players, but the Bobcats president declined to take any shots at the former Knicks coach last night.

However, Jordan praised the Knicks' post-Thomas regime -- president Donnie Walsh, a fellow North Carolina alumnus, and his new coach Mike D'Antoni.

"I love Donnie," Jordan told The Post in a rare interview at the NBA's pre-draft camp. "I think they're going to do OK. They'll be fine.

"(D'Antoni's) proven he can coach," Jordan added. "He's had some winning programs. I don't think it's going to be different in New York."

His Airness arrived at Disney World's Milk House, wielding a big cigar and making a big prediction on opening night of the four-day camp. It didn't work out for Larry Brown in New York, but Jordan said it will be different in Charlotte, where Brown's the new head coach.

"This is the start of something big," Jordan said. "I'm happy because it's going to work out for me and Larry. He's going to do well for the organization without a doubt."

Jordan rescued Brown from exile last month after Brown sat out for two years following the 23-59 Knick record posted by the original Team Titanic of 2005-2006. Brown was exonerated after Thomas posted the identical 23-59 disaster this season during which he lost the presidency and head-coaching job.

As for Thomas' role in Brown's Knicks failure, Jordan said: "I can't comment on other people's relationships and what happened. For me, I'm going to try to make the best happen for the Bobcats. You know I can't comment on Isiah."

If things go smoothly in both places, the Knicks and Bobcats could compete for the final Eastern playoff spot next spring. A tanned Brown, wearing a black sports coat, was reluctant to talk on the record last night, but when asked if he's anticipating the first Knicks-Charlotte showdown, he admitted it will be an emotional night.

"I'll be there," he said, "unless I get sick."

Brown sat next to former Knicks assistant Dave Hanners, whom Brown has hired for his staff, though it has not been announced. An overjoyed Hanners said the Knicks released him from his contract and thanked Walsh. Hanners was brought to the Knicks by Brown after being his assistant in Philadelphia and Detroit.

The Knicks' assistant staff is in disarray, as D'Antoni awaits word whether his Suns assistants, Alvin Gentry and Phil Weber, will be released from their contracts. His brother, Dan D'Antoni, is negotiating a Knicks' contract.

Only Herb Williams is expected to survive from Thomas' coaching staff, with Mark Aguirre and George Glymph expected to be fired, and Brendan Suhr's future is unclear.

The Knicks normally send an army of scouts and coaches to this event, but are in flux. Only senior VP Glen Grunwald, who's running the draft, and a handful of Thomas-hired scouts were here last night and none of them is sure of his future. The reassigned Thomas was absent.

One week without ANY Jordan post on the site :-k

Well not quite :rolleyes:

I'd expect this thread to get more of a workover from now on and less clutter on the boards and problems. :thumbsup:

Repeating myself is getting old :crazy:

Well here you go Chad, here's a Jordan post.
This is a quote from an article in The Boston Globe, and provides Mark Jackson's interesting view that Kobe is as good as Jordan:

He is regarded as the best player in the NBA, but as talented as Lakers star Kobe Bryant is, his public perception is very mixed.

Mark Jackson, an analyst for ABC for the NBA Finals, thinks Bryant is as good as Michael Jordan.

"There's no doubt in my mind," said Jackson. "People may say, 'How could you say that?' But that's not a slight to Michael Jordan. If I'm Michael Jordan, I'm sitting at home watching this guy getting it done and saying, 'Man, that's a compliment.' They are by far the two greatest perimeter players that this league has ever seen."

Fellow analyst Jeff Van Gundy said the difference is Jordan was more than a basketball player, he was a marketing force. Bryant would rather just play ball.

Maybe we'll find out in the next few games how 'Jordanesque' Kobe is...

haha! time to resurrect this thread.....

Searching the tube and found this sweet vid of MJ!

It was the NBA Finals 1991. Jordan was 15-18 in this game.

Including 13 straight field goals without missing!!!!

Including the last one which is one of the most famous plays in NBA history!

[youtube]EnCU185XYHc[/youtube]

"Ten years ago this day, June 14, 1998, one of the greatest moments in NBA history occurred. With his team down one point and the ball in the Jazz’s possession, Michael Jordan single-handedly took control of the final moments that lead one of the defining moments of his career. Swatting like a panther, Jordan snatched the ball from a posted Karl Malone and drove the ball down the court as the time was clicking away along with the chances of coming away with a win..."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WULyz1-OQc]YouTube - Michael Jordan's Final Shot 98[/ame]

Here's the complete link guys in case you want to read it in full. Again...was it a push???

Remembering the “Last Shot” - NiceKicks.com

"Ten years ago this day, June 14, 1998,

Wow... 10 years already... still seems like yesterday.... Was thinking this morning that I had left high school for 9 yrs... man... this age thing is catching up to me....

Here's the complete link guys in case you want to read it in full. Again...was it a push???

Unfortunately I still think that was the biggest no-call of all time... oh wells... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom