Smaller penny sleeves

Redtorana and I had the same issue too.

He's kindly done up a scan of the two different packets.

You need --- USA FLAG packet STOCK #81385 ..........401013 ( above the bar code top right side )

Not the --- NO FLAG STOCK # 81385 ...........401034 ( above the bar code top right side )

I've been in contact with Ultra Pro, and am awaiting their clarification as to whether or not there are two different products at market, or if one superseded the other.

It's annoying because even after talking with Warren, I stupidly bought a couple more packets from Games Paradise in the city, and they were the wrong size!!

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 7.11.50 am.png

Attachments

• Penny Sleeves.pdf
    453.9 KB · Views: 116
This seems crazy, surely they would make a penny sleeve to fit within their own 9 pocket pages. I will be watching for the reply with interest as I am due to restock my own supplies very shortly.

Ross

Part of the response I received:

The reason we do not send out a statement regarding the size change is due the fact they are not meant to be used with 9 pocket pages. Not all of our customers use them with our pages.

That's crap.. Maybe we need to flood them with emails. What a terrible response!

I have a bunch of packs being the "NO FLAG STOCK # 81385 ...........401034 ( above the bar code top right side )" and I sampled a few from multiple packs and they all fitted Ultra Pro Platinum 9 pocket pages (with a card in each) just like they always have.

Talk about confusing, I'm curious as to how widespread this problem is...yet Ultra Pro have confirmed there has been a resize...

Part of the response I received:

That reply is complete BS. What company anywhere in the world makes something for a competitor that is not at least reusable in their own product.

The obvious question to them should be; Then what card sleeve product do you have to specifically fit your 9 pocket pages then!!!

Ross

I've gone back to them to clarify if the original Premium Card Sleeves are being renamed, or still available OR if the new Premium Card Sleeves are the go now.

Dealers will be aggrieved with stock they can't sell. Collectors will be aggrieved when they can't put the sleeves in to pockets.

I've noted that collectors / customers will abandon the UP product.

I also noted that Glad Wrap made a huge mistake changing the side of the box the cutter was on (for no reason, and no one asked for it) that it took them a year and hundreds of thousands of $$$ in lost sales because I one simple design change.

I suggest UP has made a boo-boo, judging from this reply :

The new sleeves are made in the USA. The first batch that was made in house was the one with the wider sleeves. Once we realized the sleeves were wider we changed it back to the previous size. There are sleeves with the wider size still on the market since they have to flush out. In the case that a customer is not satisfied we are more than welcome to provide the correct replacements. We will be more than happy to send you the correct sized packages.

so it appears the new 'ultra pro premium' sleeves no longer fit inside 9 pocket pages.. Anyone know where I can bulk buy some of the ones that still do!??

Cheers
Dan

I have a heap available in the original plastic bags $3.50 each plus postage .....Photo of the packet in the PDF below .....

Attachments

• img013.pdf
    360.9 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom