Shipping cost from the US

Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
is it just me or do US ebay sellers seem to be charging more for shipping to Australia recently (maybe there was a price increase I missed)
It used to always be $4-5 which I didn't mind but now it is $7-8 which really starts to bump prices up. Especially if it is just a $2-3 card.

Price is out of control a lot of the $2 - $3 cards I used to buy on eBay I have to wait till they hit COMC or
Use my borderlinx account lots are free shipping to USA but still works out to about $5 a card

Worse than that is that eBay are encouraging their US members to use their eBay shipping program, which means that when someone pays via paypal the seller gets the final amount and eBay get s the shipping amount. The card is then sent to a "eBay shipping hub" and is forwarded to Australia from there.

That sounds good, but eBay refuses to ship cards via USPS First Class because it is not covered by paypal. So I have found since they introduced that, some cards are a minimum of $40 shipping to Australia so that it is trackable:(

Im doing the same as biggi5malls, wait for the cheapies to hit COMC and try get it first! Only using ebay for $150+ cards lately.

I've noticed huge variances in US shipping charges lately. Some sellers still send multiple cards for around $4-5, while others are up around $7-8. And then there's the ridiculous amounts that start just under $20 and go as high as mid $30's. These charges probably include tracking but I don't know if the tracking goes beyond the US, so what's the point. I've got a Borderlinx connection that I use when I see a "must have" card but otherwise I wont bother if the postage is crazy high.

Price increase has certainly curbed my spending, especially on low end cards, but on anything that I've seen that is "must have" I have been contacting the seller directly to see if they are willing to sell privately, outside of eBay. This has worked out great on numerous transactions so far, so I would encourage others to look at this option as well.

There are ways around paying such ridiculous prices to post singles, I have seen cards arrive in flatpacks with $3 postage, but if you go through the proper channels to post the cards, you will be led to paying around $7 to post a piece of cardboard to Australia from the US. The abuse of PayPal buyer protection makes sellers want to protect themselves with tracking and now it is a lose-lose for everybody. This issue also impacted the trading community, where US collectors are no longer as keen to trade due to the ridiculous postage.

Back
Top Bottom