Shaq retires!

gl for future shaq. best memory of shaq - glass shattering/breaking the ring after that massive dunk (forgot against who)

Sad to see the big man go. Typical of him to try to steal some spotlight announcing this after game 1 of the finals.

Lakers already announced they will retire his number.

great career by the big fella, shame to see him hang up the size 22s!!!
on comparing him to wilt, russell and jabbar, it really is hard to say who is better, remember they played in different eras, so you could always pose an arguement for "would shaq of been more dominant back then" and would wilt have been as dominant in todays league" who knows??? remember wilt got a lot of points off dodgy plays back in his day from inbound passes lobbed over the backboard for alley oops!!! lol...crazy they cant do that now, imagine some of the more athletic players getting easy points that way!
i dont think there will be someone as physically imposing as shaq ever, another thing just imagine if he had of been say a 70-75% free throw shooter through his career, would he have been more imposing then?
as much as i love shaq and his antics, i still have a beef with him "changing teams" so much, how many superstar and legend players have played for 6 different teams? lebron changes teams and he is a villan and the biggest arsehole in the world! granted the way it all happened with the "decision" was a bit self indulgent, but it raised money for charity, hasnt had any other controversial things happen like other nba players: kobe-rape chargers, so many players with drugs, jason kidd battering his wife, even jordan with excessive gambling in less than dubiuos establsihments and cheating on his wife! ...time to move on i think...

great career by the big fella, shame to see him hang up the size 22s!!!
on comparing him to wilt, russell and jabbar, it really is hard to say who is better, remember they played in different eras, so you could always pose an arguement for "would shaq of been more dominant back then" and would wilt have been as dominant in todays league" who knows??? remember wilt got a lot of points off dodgy plays back in his day from inbound passes lobbed over the backboard for alley oops!!! lol...crazy they cant do that now, imagine some of the more athletic players getting easy points that way!
i dont think there will be someone as physically imposing as shaq ever, another thing just imagine if he had of been say a 70-75% free throw shooter through his career, would he have been more imposing then?
as much as i love shaq and his antics, i still have a beef with him "changing teams" so much, how many superstar and legend players have played for 6 different teams? lebron changes teams and he is a villan and the biggest arsehole in the world! granted the way it all happened with the "decision" was a bit self indulgent, but it raised money for charity, hasnt had any other controversial things happen like other nba players: kobe-rape chargers, so many players with drugs, jason kidd battering his wife, even jordan with excessive gambling in less than dubiuos establsihments and cheating on his wife! ...time to move on i think...

but people don't care about shaq moving teams because he did it late in his career, not like he could make much of an impact post-miami.

i almost think that a lot of people get angry at Bron not only for the decision, but also because he's that good, and they know it means his team will likely be better than theirs lol.

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk...
When I (like many) first started collecting, if I wasn't chasing a Jordan I was chasing a Shaq. Still a big fan, and although didn't go out with a ring, was happy to see him finish in Boston

Shaq was my idol as a 9 year old. Its a weird feeling having him retire today. You kind of think your heroes will be around forever! Hopefully now they stop making his cards and i might have a chance of collecting every shaq ever made! haha

Thanks Shaq...it's been a great ride.
My first card was an UD Common card with Shaq blocking a Mugsy Bogues... I was so amazed that its what led me to start collecting him...so I've been collecting him for almost 19 years now. I still remember my fellow mates chasing Jordans, Pennys, Hills...I just stick with my idol Shaq. Through the ups and downs I'm forever be your fan, felt proud to enjoy and witness all those 4 championships.

Back
Top Bottom