sending cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinfytinfy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tiffany
Hi guys, i was unsure where to put this, so if it is in the wrong spot - i am sorry!!

Im sending some cards from QLD to NSW tomorrow and im just wondering how do i pack them? what do i buy and use? I thoght id just put them in an envelope but someone has told me No Way yet they couldnt give me a reason..

dont use envelopes as they offer no protection and also go thru auto-sorters at the post office that can bend and damage cards. go to Aus Post and get padded bags. i usually use Size 0 unless im sending a large quantity. cards need to be in penny sleeves and toploaders and sealed with tape. theres a rules thread somewhere that explains all this.

even more specifically :

Packaging:

Absolutely no sending in white envelopes under any circumstances. The minimum amount of protection when sending all cards is as follows:

a) Each card to be in a penny sleeve, always.
b) Cards are to be placed in appropriately thick top loaders, secured by tape at the top.
c) Cards to be sent in a bubble mailer.

In the event of sending a large number of cards, where individually placing each card in a top loader is not practical, the cards should be well protected between cardboard/top loaders and posted in a box or bubble mailer.

Postage methods that are NOT approved :
a) Cards in a white envelope, regardless of individual card protection - sending in white envelopes is not to happen and will result in a negative being left for you.
b) Cards sent in a penny sleeves or team bags without any other protection.
c) Careless packing methods, such as sending cards in top loaders without tape/team bag to prevent the card slipping out and being damaged.
d) Cards shipped in snap-tight cases with rounded corners.
e) Any other way you can think of that will cause a card to be damaged.

Other sites do not have rules for these sorts of things, and we have seen far too many cards damaged from poor packing. The white envelopes in particular are a no no - we have it from an Aussie Post employee that these white envelopes go through an automated sorting machine, which explains some of the damage we have seen to cards/top loaders sent in plain envelopes. Bubble mailers do not go through this process, so the chances of damage are far less likely.

If you need assistance with advice or supplies to package cards correctly, please create a post in our Site Suggestions/Site Help forum and someone will be along to assist.

Negative feedback can and will be left for members who do not follow these rules REGARDLESS of whether the cards were damaged or not.

Mate I've sent hundreds of cards that i've sold. If you put the cards in a plastic sleeve an tape it to a piece of cardboard
a little smaller than the normal size envelope (110x 220) slip the cardboard in the envelope and it will cost you 60c to send.
I've sent over 1000 like that with no problems. The padded envelope thing is a myth. Cards don't scratch they bend.
Hence the cardboard. The padded envelope will cost you about $1.50 and the cards are more at risk. The padding is more for scratches, not being bent.
chjeers
E.W

Hi guys, i was unsure where to put this, so if it is in the wrong spot - i am sorry!!

Im sending some cards from QLD to NSW tomorrow and im just wondering how do i pack them? what do i buy and use? I thoght id just put them in an envelope but someone has told me No Way yet they couldnt give me a reason..

Mate I've sent hundreds of cards that i've sold. If you put the cards in a plastic sleeve an tape it to a piece of cardboard
a little smaller than the normal size envelope (110x 220) slip the cardboard in the envelope and it will cost you 60c to send.
I've sent over 1000 like that with no problems. The padded envelope thing is a myth. Cards don't scratch they bend.
Hence the cardboard. The padded envelope will cost you about $1.50 and the cards are more at risk. The padding is more for scratches, not being bent.
chjeers
E.W

Myth or not....they are the rules of this forum, so I would suggest, tinfytinfy, you adhere to the rules / guidelines to avoid receiving negative feedback.

E.W. I'm not sure where you get your padded envelopes from but your getting ripped off..... mine cost me $0.55c each even less if I was to buy in bulk and a lot of the time postage is still only $0.55c.....which is cheap for peace of mind.

Cheers
Ross

Myth or not....they are the rules of this forum, so I would suggest, tinfytinfy, you adhere to the rules / guidelines to avoid receiving negative feedback.

E.W. I'm not sure where you get your padded envelopes from but your getting ripped off..... mine cost me $0.55c each even less if I was to buy in bulk and a lot of the time postage is still only $0.55c.....which is cheap for peace of mind.

Cheers
Ross

Where from??

mine cost a $1.20 the half green half white where you getting them at 55c

chjeers
E.W

EW sorry mate but your way is just not on..........the description outlined by billyhoyle is the ONLY way that cards are to be sent on OCT. My padded envelopes cost me 38 cents as I buy a box of 100 for 38 dollars, postage is $1.20 currently so without the toploader and single penny sleeve u are looking at $1.58.

Definitely worth the extra effort. I received some stickers today in an envelope with no protection. the top of envelope was ripped off and the stickers were crumpled because of the sorting process.

You can re-use the padded envelops to save cash. As per previous, all me EBAY sales are sent as above, nil problems.

Everyone to their opinion.
cheers
E.W

---------- Post added 27-07-2010 at 08:26 PM ----------

I agree, piece of cardboard in the back of the envelope would have prevented the crumpled stickers

You can re-use the padded envelops to save cash. As per previous, all me EBAY sales are sent as above, nil problems.

Everyone to their opinion.
cheers
E.W

Good point....being able to re-use the padded envelopes makes them even cheaperagain, so if you trade enough with OCT members it makes them almost free.

Ross

chjeers
E.W

The issue with sending cards this way is that for Game Used Jersey cards, cards taped to cardboard and sent in a plain white envelopes tend to lose the battle with the Australian Post sorting machine rollers.

The jersey cut out piece in the cards is the weakest point of the card and will crease the card the moment this part of the card goes through the rollers.

Whilst you have been extremely lucky with your sales, as a collector there is nothing more infuriating to go through the process of winning a card only for it to arrive with creases across the card because a seller wants to save a few cents on postage charges.

This is why we have the rules for sending cards in place for the site. I have seen instances where some people think Tissue Paper will protect cards from damage!

There is a golden rule that I reckon everyone should adopt.........send cards out to members as you would like to receive them.

Think about it next time you send out a card, would I be happy with the effort that's gone in to protecting this card if I were to receive it?

If not, a little extra protection goes a long way!

The issue with sending cards this way is that for Game Used Jersey cards, cards taped to cardboard and sent in a plain white envelopes tend to lose the battle with the Australian Post sorting machine rollers.

The jersey cut out piece in the cards is the weakest point of the card and will crease the card the moment this part of the card goes through the rollers.

Whilst you have been extremely lucky with your sales, as a collector there is nothing more infuriating to go through the process of winning a card only for it to arrive with creases across the card because a seller wants to save a few cents on postage charges.

This is why we have the rules for sending cards in place for the site. I have seen instances where some people think Tissue Paper will protect cards from damage!

There is a golden rule that I reckon everyone should adopt.........send cards out to members as you would like to receive them.

Think about it next time you send out a card, would I be happy with the effort that's gone in to protecting this card if I were to receive it?

If not, a little extra protection goes a long way!

This will be my last response on this issue.
I'm a collector also, there is no "Luck" in the way i send the cards. The card cannot crease if in a sleeve that is secured to cardboard, even your jersey cards. I'm happy to recieve my cards this way, as a matter of fact, most of them do come this way:)
cheers
E.W

Tinfytinfy it is a site requirement that you don't send in a standard envelope and is often a case for instant negative feedback being left. If you need some supplies to get you started please drop me a PM and i will get you sorted.

Regardless of what people think is or isn't safe/acceptable.

Ebay may not have rules/policy as to how items are posted just what your charge. At the end of the day the sites rules dictate how things should be sent when dealing on this site, plain and simple, no ifs or buts.

Ebay may not have rules/policy as to how items are posted just what your charge. At the end of the day the sites rules dictate how things should be sent when dealing on this site, plain and simple, no ifs or buts.
Exactly Shaun, and these rules have been put in for a reason and over a long time, and over a huge number of sales/trades (30,000+ just according to the oztrader section). NOw if you choose not to follow these rules, the person receiving is well within their right to leave negative feedback.

This will be my last response on this issue.
I'm a collector also, there is no "Luck" in the way i send the cards. The card cannot crease if in a sleeve that is secured to cardboard, even your jersey cards. I'm happy to recieve my cards this way, as a matter of fact, most of them do come this way:)
cheers
E.W

Not wanting to start a full blown war here, but as I mentioned I HAVE received cards that were in a top loader and affixed to cardboard that were creased after having been sent in a plain white envelope. Ill even scan one of them tonight for you

The fact that you state it cant happen doesn't mean that in the real world that it wont happen.

Regards
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom