Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

No doubt they will be popular amongst the faithful supporters..........but let me ask you the question.......if you had $800 to spend on a players full match worn jersey or a card that features a piece of the same jersey embedded in it......what would you choose?

Personally even as a card collector id take the full complete jersey ever day of the week?

I would collect the card every day of the week. No way i would pay $800 for an unsigned match guernsey. But i would go close to paying $800 for that card.

I don't collect memorabilia for a number of reasons so I would always select a card. Get it "select" lol

You can make the same argument about a Jordan jersey and sig and any other similar sporting comparison.

So how many boxes are you buying...

I'm not sure Jordan is necessarily the right comparison there but I do understand where you are coming from.

In relation to how many boxes and cases i'm buying....... ZERO.

That has been asked and answered on FB. All cards shown will still end up in packs.
That is great but where on FB? Many of us are not a member of the FB page you saw this so how are we supposed to know that info?

I have asked many times to join but because i have a shop I am not accepted, yet all the inside info is released on the FB page I cannot access. Nice work Select Australia

That is great but where on FB? Many of us are not a member of the FB page you saw this so how are we supposed to know that info?

I have asked many times to join but because i have a shop I am not accepted, yet all the inside info is released on the FB page I cannot access. Nice work Select Australia

Yeh it’s on that FB page. I wasn’t having a crack at you for not knowing mate, I was just clearly stating where I got the information.

I have no control over who does or doesn’t have access to it.

Anyone know if afterpay will be working for this release? Cant see anything on website and can no longer see the post on Select Facebook page they are going to accept afterpay. Ive never used it before so any help is much appreciated.

BTW Im buying a case :cool:

Mods may want to change the title as afterpay is no longer an option when checking out at Select, I just tried it and although it was an option for my last Dominance purchase it is not an option you can chose now. I did not use it last time but it was there as an option. Looks like afterpay will not be able to be used for Supremecy.

You aren't missing much there from what I am told, but yes it is odd for Select to limit its consumer reach by going down this path.

That certain FB page was described to me recently by someone who is/was a member there that its a bit like a Tony Robbins Fan Club Page.... lots of inspirational memes (lions, wolves and sharks and other stuff) and a venue for everyone to pump up the illustrious leaders tyres when he has had a bad day.

This is the road Select have chosen to go down, alienating all of its previous big re-sellers (people like Steve Wang etc) to appease a few certain people. To me this is business suicide!

If only Select knew how much damage some of these people have done to their reputation they have built up over the years.

Its sad to see actually......

Back on to the positive now........how good is Supremacy!

I spoke to a big collector today who had no idea supremacy was coming out, simply because he is not on Facebook, he can’t be the only 1

I spoke to a big collector today who had no idea supremacy was coming out, simply because he is not on Facebook, he can’t be the only 1

FB is by far the best place for gathering/ dispersing information on all aspects on collecting, so denying yourself that ability is not the fault of others. I feel like that's more on him then Select.

Though I do agree Selects PR and marketing in general could easily improve.

I hope they have used a Hawks home jumper this time round. The Gunston one in 2017 was an away jumper from a game we got flogged by the Suns 😂

Looks like Sicily might be the choice for the guernsey card and unfortunately doesn’t look like a home guernsey for us :(

0D2B9597-302D-41E5-8355-145F074B839D.jpeg

What's your shop called?

You have zero feedback over here.

Clearly a user without internet access.

All he's gotta do is check out their site, here or Facebook.

Checked the WCE auction site, nothing bought with that username. (From 2017 anyway)

Though noticed Hurns match worn GF guernsey went for 8k :eek:

Looks like Sicily might be the choice for the guernsey card and unfortunately doesn’t look like a home guernsey for us :(

0D2B9597-302D-41E5-8355-145F074B839D.jpeg

Looks like Breust and Shiels were also purchased in addition to the Gunston which may have been used a few years ago. Exciting!

Mods may want to change the title as afterpay is no longer an option when checking out at Select, I just tried it and although it was an option for my last Dominance purchase it is not an option you can chose now. I did not use it last time but it was there as an option. Looks like afterpay will not be able to be used for Supremecy.

Have no idea what is going on with that, I'm guessing they put it up as a initial test run to make sure it will work for Supremacy?

They still have the Afterpay logo at the bottom of their website. So I hope that is the plan otherwise I can't fork out $500 straight up for a box.

FB is by far the best place for gathering/ dispersing information on all aspects on collecting, so denying yourself that ability is not the fault of others. I feel like that's more on him then Select.

Though I do agree Selects PR and marketing in general could easily improve.
I agree it is the best way to get info, but some collectors are still old school, but can’t please everybody so you go with the biggest audience

Back
Top Bottom