Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

I like the way there aren’t any cards lower numbered than 25. Atleast it’s is achievable for team collectors. Imagine Collingwood supporters for example fighting over a card numbered to 10 or 5. Gonna have a lot of people who can’t complete their collection....

I like the way there aren’t any cards lower numbered than 25. Atleast it’s is achievable for team collectors. Imagine Collingwood supporters for example fighting over a card numbered to 10 or 5. Gonna have a lot of people who can’t complete their collection....

yeh that is fair. i guess theres some sort of push and pull with regards to team collectors vs those that want to justify $500 for a box/pack.

***SELECT SUPREMACY PREVIEW 8/13***

Our preview of the exclusive Select Supremacy release continues today with a look at one of our Premiership Glory Signature cards, featuring the Adelaide Football Club's Mark Bickley! Each card features a genuine certified signature and is numbered to 40.

Our Select Supremacy release is an ultra high-end, premium set, with a limited run of only 400 cases. Each case contains 6 boxes (2400 boxes only), with each box containing 1 packet of 10 premium high-end cards. Each exquisite card, including for the first time ever, every Common card is individually foil numbered and manufactured on premium 130 point card. The price per box is $500, and $3,000 per case, and will only be available for order exclusively through our website and Head Office from 16th September 2019. Official release of Supremacy will take place on Thursday 19th September 2019. Strict order limits will apply as this collection will sell out.

This collection took 2 years to put together and is without doubt our finest release ever. It will have true collectability and we believe will have significant investment value. Every memorabilia card is made from a genuine match worn guernsey, and there are 125 individual signatories from past & present greats of the game included in the set. Each packet contains four Common cards, individually numbered to 90, along with 6 big hits including a minimum of 2 signature cards per pack!

Stay tuned for more previews to come!!

Nice

C690C4F8-8CFD-4C14-B04C-8828BAB0D472.jpeg

Two nice looking Signature cards now but still nothing even close to justifying a $500 box price. Sticking a Bickley Signature on a 300 point card and giving it a nice clean look is appealing but would you pay $200+ for this when perfectly good looking Dominance players Ink Signature cards go for $30-50

I will hold all judgement until I see a full box opening, only then will we know if that $500 price tag is justified.

but would you pay $200+ for this when perfectly good looking Dominance players Ink Signature cards go for $30-50

You’re comparing the likes of Murray Weideman to Dominance ink that features the likes of Tom Phillips, George Hewett, Josh Jenkins etc?

Unusual

@Matt26 praises the fugly af ESP NRL Futera 1 of 1 cards.

Mind you, same ugly af design for years.

Yet bags Select at every opportunity about their card designs.

@Matt26 praises the fugly af ESP NRL Futera 1 of 1 cards.

Mind you, same ugly af design for years.

Yet bags Select at every opportunity about their card designs.

I actually like the TLA 1 of 1 cards? Cant I have that opinion?

Having worked with Selects designers before myself directly.....they do some great work but with so many designs to do some are hits and some are misses.

These cards look stunning. The value of the likes of Nick Maxwell, Cotchin, Hird, Hodge, Harley/Ling will be through the roof (assuming they’re all in the set).

Our preview of the exclusive Select Supremacy release continues today with a look at one of our Premiership Glory Signature cards, featuring the Adelaide Football Club's Mark Bickley! Each card features a genuine certified signature and is numbered to 40.

Numbered to 40. i must be blind i cant see the number?
PPP.jpg
PPPPP.jpg

Last edited:
These look very nice, hoping to get a few of these. A cut Signature would be pretty cool too. Thinking these will sell out in a couple of months
maybe less so I better start saving lol.

Numbered to 40. i must be blind i cant see the number?
PPP.jpg
PPPPP.jpg

You beauty. This excites me a little

I think that those people defending the quality of the release need to release that those criticising it aren't saying that they are not good cards and that they wouldn't want some of them in their collection, it's a matter of value. I reckon $300 would have been closer to the mark from what has been put forward thus far.

Apart from the Folklore, it appears to have been a conscious decision by Select to have a similar design theme throughout the set. There will be a Tuck and Jakovich signature if they're the same players as the unsigned version. With 5 previews still to go, Select have already accounted for 90% of the release. I expect a matching player superstar patch signature at 1 every two boxes or less plus more limited signature or patch case hits for the remainder.

In regards to numbered cards what did people expect?

This isnt america. In america you have /10 selling for $3 and the value of low numbered cards in most cutcumstances is almost non existant.....

In the last release we have captain sigs numbered to /50 going for $500. We have ablett dual sigs numberef to /110 going for $1000. Hell we have dominance and high flyers going for $300.

This was never going to have /001 and /10 as in this market its just not reasonable. America have so many different releases and different manufacturers. People are asking for heaps of low numbered cardd but all that will do is drive the value down in regards to how we value numbered cards and impact on older release cards that are higher in ratios. Imagine three years down the track when they have been releasing numerous /20 cards and you go an try to sell an influential numbered /50. Yes in theory it shouldnt make a difference but look at all the people obsessing over nunbers here, i guarantee you people will drop their value of cardd like that based purely on their perception of the numbering.

I think they have the numbers just about right in regards to keeping the integrity of the afl card market and going by past releases a card numbered to /40 will be very highly sought after.

I just urge people to look at the american market and card values and lmk if thats really tje road they want australia to go down
Love ya work there Dan!

Back
Top Bottom