Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

Possibly not, but take Ted Whitten for example, he has no signature cards, only any IP stuff that people might have got signed when he was still alive. Any legend of the game who passed away pre 90’s would be very sort after in a cut signature card.

I'd pay big $$$$$ for a E.J Cut auto even though cut auto's aren't worth scrap.

Now are they're any rumours or speculation about cut signature cards of late players being in one of the next previews for series iii? Or are just some wishing for them in further releases???

Now are they're any rumours or speculation about cut signature cards of late players being in one of the next previews for series iii? Or are just some wishing for them in further releases???

I’m just hoping. But if they were to do them then a premium release asking $500 a box might be a good place to start.

Now so to speak, one of my favourite previews for series 3 so far is actually the top loader folder LoL

Thought I'd encourage others to share their thoughts here as this is my situation:

Currently and up til this moment I've been using empty release card packet boxes from breaks to store my top loaded components of my PC (not to mention potential shoe boxes and empty shirt packets too)

Apparently there have been these businesse card folders from car assorie stores other collectors have been using?

To get to the point here, one of those folders in the preview looks a potential for the future of my collection aspects, but where should I really begin?- I'm just so used to counting 9 by 9 per page as opposed to 4 or 6 and in the past I've even redeemed cards especially to furfil this sequence.
Other slight con is does anyone remain loaders in their over packet too if applicable- might fade a bit behind sleeved in folder?

PS another curiosity I have and I've spelt it out in previous releases reviews - does anybody collect the binders (yet alone put high ends from transfering out of top loaderd into the soft sleeves of these) for beach latest release, in particular for key parts of their collection?

Cut sigs can work but the card itself has to be really well designed, and take into account the size and shape of the source material and integrate it into the design. Bad cut sig cards look absolutely atrocious, though. The Bradman one was, at least, nicely designed. There are also cards where the sig is simply pasted on, some where the sig is inset into a die cut holder. Simply gluing bits of a old cancelled cheque to a printed base is going to make a horrible looking card. I hope Select is up to the challenge.

I like the idea of cut sigs and very cool but i am assuming they would have to be 1/1?? If so unfortunately i can confirm that will not be the case in this release. There wont be any under #10 and thats been confirmed as far as i believe.

But cut sigs are a great concept. I guess if you purchased 20 or so sigs to be cut it may be a possibility?

I like the idea of cut sigs and very cool but i am assuming they would have to be 1/1?? If so unfortunately i can confirm that will not be the case in this release. There wont be any under #10 and thats been confirmed as far as i believe.

But cut sigs are a great concept. I guess if you purchased 20 or so sigs to be cut it may be a possibility?

That’s what I’m thinking. Take Bradman for example, he would have signed hundreds of those plain white cards to continue to make money for his foundation after his passing. A card manufacturer could purchase 25 and the set would be /25. Guess the difference was TnP designed all 3 Bradman cards differently so they are 1/1 x 3. The Reynolds is /3 as all cards are printed the same. I really like the Bradman as the white card with sig works awesome with the lighter colours of the card design. The Reynolds doesn’t work as well due to the darker coloured card. These Supremacy cards with their clean white theme would look sick with a cut sig.

That’s what I’m thinking. Take Bradman for example, he would have signed hundreds of those plain white cards to continue to make money for his foundation after his passing. A card manufacturer could purchase 25 and the set would be /25. Guess the difference was TnP designed all 3 Bradman cards differently so they are 1/1 x 3. The Reynolds is /3 as all cards are printed the same. I really like the Bradman as the white card with sig works awesome with the lighter colours of the card design. The Reynolds doesn’t work as well due to the darker coloured card. These Supremacy cards with their clean white theme would look sick with a cut sig.

Yeah exactly, same card design but different sigs in each one. No different to getting a patch card with different patches etf

I really think its a cool idea. As would be a card with cut outs of the premiership flag if they ever managed to get a hold of one lol imagine premiership comemorative patches hahah

A quick calc of the previews so far has a remaining 55 signers(provided 125 signers is right) and 2140 cards. That equates to about 40 per sig here on in(and all of the remaining cards having a signature). Provided no multiple sigs. Hope I haven't spoilt the fun. Mind you if you wanted fun you would just go out and buy them without any type of preview.

Yeah exactly, same card design but different sigs in each one. No different to getting a patch card with different patches etf

I really think its a cool idea. As would be a card with cut outs of the premiership flag if they ever managed to get a hold of one lol imagine premiership comemorative patches hahah
Goldy, Freo and GWS to have a future premiership flag patch concept!!!

Dunno about that mate. I don’t know why everyone seems to think GWS are doing well. Sure they are doing ok right now after a raft of high draft picks. But they aren’t going to win a flag with their current list.

Everyone with half a brain has grave concerns for how GC can possibly sustain themselves. I have similar concerns for GWS. They have terrible crowds and are struggling to get by. That is all while performing reasonably well. What happens when they start losing?
It will inevitably happen. They will have even less people turning up, and players won’t want to stay.

Really feel for both those clubs, but that is the reality of how it sits.

whatever happens they'll be probably a concept such as "franchise glory signature" corresponding to premiership glory commemorative to the highlights of the 3 flag-less clubs within their brief history?

Dunno about that mate. I don’t know why everyone seems to think GWS are doing well. Sure they are doing ok right now after a raft of high draft picks. But they aren’t going to win a flag with their current list.

Everyone with half a brain has grave concerns for how GC can possibly sustain themselves. I have similar concerns for GWS. They have terrible crowds and are struggling to get by. That is all while performing reasonably well. What happens when they start losing?
It will inevitably happen. They will have even less people turning up, and players won’t want to stay.

Really feel for both those clubs, but that is the reality of how it sits.
Well if if the Melbourne Storm can end up where they are in Ruby league then why can't AFL expansion clubs be like that - one of the main reasons why I'm a Giants supporter. And personally West coast has been successful and all those swan eaters were hung up about a Perth team entering a Victorian league in the 80s claiming they have no relivance to the WAFL along with the traditional west Aussie sports calander. Bottom line is all of that changed by the 90s when the Eagles became competitive: West Coast are the team to me what non Collingwood supporters are to most - I can't stand them even less than the pies LoL

***SELECT SUPREMACY PREVIEW 9/13***

We continue our preview of the exclusive Select Supremacy release today with a look at one of our Finals Folklore Signature cards, featuring the Hawthorn Football Club's Gary Buckenara's match winning goal after the siren in the 1987 Preliminary Final! Each card features a genuine certified signature and is numbered to 70.

ff2.png

ff1.png

Back
Top Bottom