Select 2009 Cricket! Details and Checklist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking the same thing, was going to pick up a few boxes, but this series is gunna be junk and a waste of money, I mean who really wants to pick up a signature of a state player? I mean shaun tait and cameron white are the "big names" :lol:

What a joke, this is similar to the NRL series, its all going to be junk, i wont be wasting any $$ on these, very disapointing

Agree with you there!

I collect the odd cricket set and buy the odd box but I won't bother if the best Auto I can get is a State Player! They tried this a few years back (2001 I think) and apart from the McGrath Auto the rest would struggle to get $10.00

At $135.00+ a box who would bother - Oh well.......back to NBA boxes for me (lol)

Very Disappointed Select :mad:

Well the Prices are out from Steve at CardZone
Foil signatures $7-9 Ponting $12 Why?
Past Heroes $10-15
Star Signatures $50-60
Sketch Cards $35-40
But as we all know his prices are always the top end!
Only really worth it if you jag a Redemption!
Good Luck

id be thinking if its a 6000 box series again???? so 500 of each card. Value will be low.

and its only 8 more sleeps people. BE SURE TO DO UR BREAKS ON THE FORUM!!!

This years cricket release is 4800 boxes only.

There are also 2 Case Cards per case with 7 Case cards in the set. The case cards are the oversized Alan Border Medalist Sketch cards.

hmm dunno if i should buy a few boxes of this or get some of the new non sport stuff (James Bond in Motion or Batman Archives)

think 1 just for the sake of it might be the go, more tempted by the older select releases currently on ebay, especially the hobby box of 98/99 Select. Might be able to jag some of the gold foils i need for my second set

I hope it's not a sign of things to come with the NRL and AFL 2009 cards. Will be disapointed and turned off them if they regurgitate the same old gold foil sigs and sketchs again....time for something different.

I hope it's not a sign of things to come with the NRL and AFL 2009 cards. Will be disapointed and turned off them if they regurgitate the same old gold foil sigs and sketchs again....time for something different.

Sorry mate, but the rumours I have heard indicate that AFL series 1 (and I'd assume NRL) will follow the format of the last couple of years, Foil sigs, sketches, gem etc...

Not very original or creative I know, but neither are things select are famous for.

I hope the cricket release really bombs though so they might start rethinking their approach.

just emailed Di @ Select to ask about the hawthorn predictor sets and thought id ask a question about these cricket cards, now i had a funny feeling about this and i was right. Select have once again failed us with this series of cricket cards. the redemption cards for Katich and White wont be returned with a hole punched, rather Select are just keeping them, probably to just throw out later on. now why would they do that, i would think hole punch the redemption card and send it back with the signature card makes more sense than just tossing them out.
LIFT YOUR GAME SELECT

just emailed Di @ Select to ask about the hawthorn predictor sets and thought id ask a question about these cricket cards, now i had a funny feeling about this and i was right. Select have once again failed us with this series of cricket cards. the redemption cards for Katich and White wont be returned with a hole punched, rather Select are just keeping them, probably to just throw out later on. now why would they do that, i would think hole punch the redemption card and send it back with the signature card makes more sense than just tossing them out.
LIFT YOUR GAME SELECT

Bring back Futera, they were doing cricket cards in the 1990s, they still have the lience to make cricket cards, I heard that they are doing great soccer cards with signed game used cards and a few 1 of 1 cards, alot like Upper Deck and Topps.

Futera can easily do a Australia, national/domestic set and also do a worldwide ICC set, Please let Futera know how we feel about Select, I hope Futera and Select are not sister companies, if you seen the recent soccer cards you'll think come back to Cricket please Futera.

email futera

[email protected]

Select are weak as piss!! What a shocking company, they have something at their feet that they could turn into a cash making machine! They just choose to go on with their boring batcrap and just turn things over!! Mad as a collector but Id be more pissed if I owned shares in Select!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom