SA/Adelaide Swap Meet!!!

Ok guys got the replies back I was waiting on. I got a couple of offers from clients for venue locations that were central CBD and free of charge but all were pubs which I don't think are appropriate as we will have some minors attending. Happy to go ahead with the Arkabar as long as we can get the $170 covered by an entrance fee. Crows2010 did you want to investigate when they have a room available for either a sat or sun arvo for say 3 hours or so? Just make sure it is away from the main bar and pokies area as well. Once we can set a date we will get a attendence list going and get the ball rolling in terms of $$$ for entry. If we charge say $5 per entry that would mean 34 people have to attend to cover the room costs for example. Once I know a date I will also contact sports card world and see if they are interested in making an appearance and bringing a few boxes etc. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

I think $170 is waaayy too much tbh and don't see the need to rush any decisions. That's just my opinion of course, but less money spent on venue means more $$$ for cards!!! (not that i have any $) :cry:

Ok so in about 5 secs of searching google I found this:
http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/adccwr/publications/guides_factsheets/halls_for_hire.pdf

There are a lot of venues listed so gonna keep looking through them. Have a look and see what you think. :thumbsup:

Looking through it I found this:

ITS A GYM AND A PUB!!! :D
Personally this one gets my vote!!! It's also really cheap. Check out the link to their website and you can look at the Gym under the menu Functions > Rooms & Halls for Hire

German Association (Gym Hall)
Capacity (theatre style): 100
Prices: $44 per 4 hours
Address: 223 Flinders Street
Area: NE
Contact Number: 8223 2539
Fax Number: 8232 2082
Email: [email protected]
Website: The German Club - Welcome to The German Club in Adelaide, South Australia (SAADV)
Facilities:
Wooden Floor

I've heard nothing but great things about the German Association since I looked it up. It has a multitude of different areas including bar, restaurant, hall etc. I reckon it's a pretty good option, especially given the price.
I assume they don't allow alcohol in the hall, even if they do a sign could be put up that states no food and drink in the hall to keep everyone's cards protected. :p

I've heard nothing but great things about the German Association since I looked it up. It has a multitude of different areas including bar, restaurant, hall etc. I reckon it's a pretty good option, especially given the price.
I assume they don't allow alcohol in the hall, even if they do a sign could be put up that states no food and drink in the hall to keep everyone's cards protected. :p

They do allow alcohol in the Hall, had a couple "quiet" ones in there myself. Great place, used to go there a lot.

I like the idea and reckon we should move forward with it

Sounds like a plan. Might need to give them a call and confirm the prices for the Hall. I was also wondering, would some advertising for the event to attract more people be a good idea?

If you want some help let me know. I'm in Clare but I have accommodation half an hour from there, I'd be up for helping organize on the day too and Nana would be more than happy to baby sit :)

Regarding supplies.....do you have any magnetics? Need some 130pt and a few 100pt i think

Hi guys,

Will be announcing the exact dates soon, probably every 3rd Sunday of the month starting next month in November, I will hire a second site down at the Pooraka Sunday Market and will host a trade/competition day.

This will include a tressle or two, some chairs to come down meet other hobbyists and trade cards. Encourage not only the guys I've had a pleasure meeting, trading with and busting boxes but the opportunity to meet other members from here and all over SA.

I will run some competitions like Pack wars, Box wars etc and will award out some vouchers etc.

Bringing the hobby back to SA and giving you guys more bang for your Buck :)

Regards

Brett

Mr Paparazzi

This is awesome and I can't wait Brett. I looking forward to meeting some other hobbyists and seeing what cards are brought in to trade etc :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

Its official will be launching a trade show every 3rd Sunday at the Pooraka Sunday Market. First one will be Sunday 20th November. Will have some specials in line as well as doing some packs/box wars as well.

Welcome to come down, meet other hobbyists and trade/talk to your Mouth's/hand's go numb.

Back
Top Bottom