SA/Adelaide Swap Meet!!!

Heafy83

Bulls Fan
Real Name
Heath
Good afternoon everyone,

Well after being very jealous of other states, namely NSW and VIC, i thought why the hell couldn't we get a swap meet together in Adelaide. What I have noticed is an influx of South Australians joining this forum lately which helped spark the thought. At this point it is only testing the waters stage so if you could reply to this post if you are keen and perhaps a time that would suit you best.
At this point I'd say if we get enough members then we can meet up twice a year in a central location and if it gets really popular make it a quarterly event.
Also I'd have to say at this point it would be mainly NBA and AFL ethusiests.
Aim of the day would be to get together and meet everyone from the boards face to face, trade a few cards, maybe organise to have yourselves some boxes to bust so we can all experience the Mojo or Nojo (as auspackage would say it) together and maybe get yourself on video.
Like I said its an idea at this stage so register your interest here and we can move on from there.

Thanks and looking forward to maybe getting this off the ground.

yea, lots of south aussies are on this site, definitely enough for a swapmeet, and considering how close to everything SA is, this is a great idea

weekend would definitely be the best, and most logical choice.

KEEN.

Hector would come too I reckon, as would hawksfamily.

I'd be up for something like that - never been tone before though

Would be interested as well. Am about to set-up a stall at a market in about 2 mths time, just buying a couple of boxes and its and pieces atm, cheapies and recents so get more kids in to it. Reckon hiring a hall for couple hours would be good for trade swap meet

Is anybody here really going to want to fork out 15-20 just to hire a hall.... i highly dought it...and it would kill numbers dramaticly. needs to be somewhere free...

What about the small park just outside the foodcourt area behind sports card world etc.... plenty of tables and places to sit last time i was through there. Plenty of transport in.

Is anybody here really going to want to fork out 15-20 just to hire a hall.... i highly dought it...and it would kill numbers dramaticly. needs to be somewhere free...

What about the small park just outside the foodcourt area behind sports card world etc.... plenty of tables and places to sit last time i was through there. Plenty of transport in.

I don't think it will reduce numbers. Just ask everyone for a gold coin donation and you are set. needs to be inside in case weather is not permitting.

it has to be in the heart of the city.

---------- Post added 11-01-2011 at 09:29 AM ----------

Would be interested as well. Am about to set-up a stall at a market in about 2 mths time, just buying a couple of boxes and its and pieces atm, cheapies and recents so get more kids in to it. Reckon hiring a hall for couple hours would be good for trade swap meet

Cool, are you going to do all sorts of stuff?

Back
Top Bottom