Real Friendly site

cowboys4me

cowboys4me
Real Name
Graeme Fraser
eBay User
grammy2601
gee lot of people are interested huh what is it coz I'm new to the site or what? I was told this was a great site friendly people and so on but have yet to see or feel it,
or is it mainly coz Icollect only NFL and AFL and not nba
eh !!
cowboys4me

Link deleted.

I think some people expect to much from this site. People do have lives outside of here. It took me quite a while to make the friends I have made here, and perhaps it does help I collect NBA because Ive been able to do a heap of trades and so on.

This is a great site, one of the better ones on the net.

A lot of members would beg to differ about our site and how it operates. I don't think saying this and then linking to another forum is going to help either and it is against site rules to do so as well.

Our AFL collector numbers have improved and are going up all the time. Still not many NFL collectors here but that would just reflect the amount of NFL fans in Australia in general.

Just like most places in life being around longer does help bring a repore with people.

A lot of members would beg to differ about our site and how it operates. I don't think saying this and then linking to another forum is going to help either and it is against site rules to do so as well.

Our AFL collector numbers have improved and are going up all the time. Still not many NFL collectors here but that would just reflect the amount of NFL fans in Australia in general.

Just like most places in life being around longer does help bring a repore with people.

Couldn't agree more with Chad. This site is fantastic, made many good mates from here. It takes time as a newbie to make new friends, and you can't be expected to be treated as an elite member on here just because you are on another site.

Couldn't agree more with Chad. This site is fantastic, made many good mates from here. It takes time as a newbie to make new friends, and you can't be expected to be treated as an elite member on here just because you are on another site.

I wasn't made an elite member until I earned it, if thats what your refering to
:)

its like you have moderators, admins, check the site out you might learn/like something

Ok, sorry mate, still a little confused about your first post lol So you're saying that you're a mod from another site and you're not happy with the treatment you have received here? And how exactly have we/someone been unfriendly towards you?

nah i'm not a mod, I'm an elite which I earned in winning the bookie points comp over the NFL season they have some great ideas that would be/work well here. it's a sports based not for cards but discussing all aspects atm some of my friends are debating the march madness, ,the next nfl draft(mock ups) get madden 09/nba09 online leagues, set up fantasy leagues for NCAA b-ball and so on.
No one has been unfriendly to me it's just that I dont feel the warmth as my TFP ite ever since I said I don't collect NBA anymore and sold my collection to a mate that used to play for the Sydney Kings NBL side

nah i'm not a mod, I'm an elite which I earned in winning the bookie points comp over the NFL season they have some great ideas that would be/work well here. it's a sports based not for cards but discussing all aspects atm some of my friends are debating the march madness, ,the next nfl draft(mock ups) get madden 09/nba09 online leagues, set up fantasy leagues for NCAA b-ball and so on.
No one has been unfriendly to me it's just that I dont feel the warmth as my TFP ite ever since I said I don't collect NBA anymore and sold my collection to a mate that used to play for the Sydney Kings NBL side

If you do have some good ideas, by all means, I'm sure that we'd like to hear about the, you can create a thread about them in here Site Suggestions / Site Help - OzCardTrader.com.au . I'm sure in time you will feel the warmth of this site! Things take time, and like chad said, our numbers are just starting to increase in the Football section.

You may also want to take a look at this thread http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/general-forum/20988-member-thankyou-sticky.html It's a great example of what sort of community we have here, and how many of our members will go out of their way for others.

Well our site differs more so as its primarily a card based site. We have sports discussion forums here but the hobby is not really affiliated to the sport as much as some would think. Some people collect players they have rarely seen or players on teams they don't even follow. Its collecting and not supporting for some.

Our AFL football chat is more active when the season is going as you would expect as fans of AFL follow the one team more so than the NBA for eg.

I chat ball here a fair bit but I chat more on actual sports based forums about my Celtics. Again it took a few years for those US fans to understand an Aussie could be as die hard a fan as those in the US.

Well our site differs more so as its primarily a card based site. We have sports discussion forums here but the hobby is not really affiliated to the sport as much as some would think. Some people collect players they have rarely seen or players on teams they don't even follow. Its collecting and not supporting for some.

Our AFL football chat is more active when the season is going as you would expect as fans of AFL follow the one team more so than the NBA for eg.

I chat ball here a fair bit but I chat more on actual sports based forums about my Celtics. Again it took a few years for those US fans to understand an Aussie could be as die hard a fan as those in the US.

Or as we have seen with some of our "local" Celtics fans, worse :p

1. NBA mock Drafts
2. NFL mock Drafts
3. AFL mock Drafts
4. A shoutbox where people can talk and chat online about their team, pc, whats happening atm and so on the list is endless for that but their are some rules like min posts to get access to it like 50-100 posts and censorship is vital
5. A bookie comp where you can place bookie points on your fav NBA, NFL, MLB, AFL and NHL teams with the spread or not
6. ANo Holds Barred section where anything goes sort of but a mininum of 500 posts to get on it
7. A section for NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL where it's made up of conferences, divisions and teams where everyone posts to their fav teams

That's some of the suggestions I left but have more

I had that problem at first, now I'm amongst others that I educate about our sports and started a supercoach league with 10 members of TFP in it, and they no nothing about our footy but want to learn

If you do have some good ideas, by all means, I'm sure that we'd like to hear about the, you can create a thread about them in here Site Suggestions / Site Help - OzCardTrader.com.au . I'm sure in time you will feel the warmth of this site! Things take time, and like chad said, our numbers are just starting to increase in the Football section.

You may also want to take a look at this thread http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/general-forum/20988-member-thankyou-sticky.html It's a great example of what sort of community we have here, and how many of our members will go out of their way for others.
Already trying to plan to get there, but as I coach Under 16 football on sundays locally plus Team manager for our under 18 team I'm wating for the draw to come out so I can arrange it.:thumbsup:

Already trying to plan to get there, but as I coach Under 16 football on sundays locally plus Team manager for our under 18 team I'm wating for the draw to come out so I can arrange it.:thumbsup:

Well hopefully you can make it out there mate, would be great to put another face to a name! :)

1. NBA mock Drafts
2. NFL mock Drafts
3. AFL mock Drafts
4. A shoutbox where people can talk and chat online about their team, pc, whats happening atm and so on the list is endless for that but their are some rules like min posts to get access to it like 50-100 posts and censorship is vital
5. A bookie comp where you can place bookie points on your fav NBA, NFL, MLB, AFL and NHL teams with the spread or not
6. ANo Holds Barred section where anything goes sort of but a mininum of 500 posts to get on it
7. A section for NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL where it's made up of conferences, divisions and teams where everyone posts to their fav teams

That's some of the suggestions I left but have more

Is this your list of what's wrong with this website, and why you don't feel warm and fuzzy when you're online?

1-3 - What's the point of these? Like what are they? There is a Fantasy Section for the likes of AFL Fantasy and Yahoo NBA Fantasy Leagues, is this the same?

4 - There used to be a chat forum section (not sure if it's still around) but I don't believe a lot of members used it. You have to remember also, with censorship, it was a little "light" before, but now we have more and more newer members joining, and the age-bracket is so big, you can't force people to be 18 years old before joining. I swear a lot myself, but try not to online as you just don't know who's going to read it.

5 - How about you create a comp?

6 - When you say no holds barred, do you mean explicits, and other forms of possible-offensive material? Probably a few other websites out there that might be left for that. Not something you'd allow on a "community" website.

7 - Creating all those different sections for each Brand (NFL, NHL, NBA, etc) you'd have 100's if not 1000's of posts to dig through, just makes things harder. Keep it simple.

Back
Top Bottom