PSA and Becket Grading

jbabz84

OzCardTrader
Real Name
John
Hey Guys,
I have a few cards i want to get graded. Noticed now days more cards are being graded by PSA then Becket. Not sure cause i prefer the breakdown in corners, edges ect

Anyways i have some cards i want to send away. Wondering if anybody has any feedback or info they can share about sending cards overseas to get graded, who they used, and would the do it again?

Im tempted to send a few off, just hope they get good grades. Im not expecting 10s

Thanks

G'day

This topic has been raised a few times with the most recent which might be of use - http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/sending-cards-to-bgs.196130/#post-1662239.

It really depends on the type of card you are sending, if modern - BGS. Before you even contemplate of sending, ensure the cards is "gradable" unless it s a PC card as grading is not cheap.

- Use cardsaver 1 for the holder for submission and package cards in between 2 cardboard pieces (bubble wrap if there is room within the box) , then place into "Auspost BX1-220 x 160x77mm / Suits A5 box" and then into a 500g or 1kg international standard bag.

To send to US (AUD$40 < 1kg with tracking, your grading fees (depending on # of days service) and then sending it back to Oz. You can check the pricing per BGS or PSA website. I have only used BGS.

On your insurance back to Oz, suggest less than AUD$1000 or have to explain to customs as it is really returned merchandise.

Best if possible to join a group (check blowout forums) or see anyone with your states who want to join up or everyone to hassle
@cherrycollectables to get Grayson to do this again.

Cheers
Clem

I've been thinking more and more about doing one.

@graham did a great job of running it a couple of years ago, can you give us any tips?

Then the decision needs to be, do we go bgs or psa?

Yeah i want to regrade my BGS 8.5 (Subs 8.5 8.5 9 9) Jordan rookie with PSA because i'm sure it would be 9 or more (it was graded way back in early 2000) but i really am uneasy about the card just floating around in there. BGS aren't really known for vintage but the sleeve they are encapsulated in make it seem way more protected.

Any other people have thoughts? Am i just being pedantic and there is no way a PSA will get damaged inside the case?

Yeah i want to regrade my BGS 8.5 (Subs 8.5 8.5 9 9) Jordan rookie with PSA because i'm sure it would be 9 or more (it was graded way back in early 2000) but i really am uneasy about the card just floating around in there. BGS aren't really known for vintage but the sleeve they are encapsulated in make it seem way more protected.

Any other people have thoughts? Am i just being pedantic and there is no way a PSA will get damaged inside the case?

Here's the thing - you can't (or well you couldn't - may have changed since I last sent cards) mix and match submissions. So if you have a batch of cards to be graded, you can't throw in a graded card review as well. You need to submit them on seperate submission forms and that means that you have to pay seperate shipping back or each submission.

Now with COMC and other freight forwarding companies you could probably use them to your advantage in that situation.

For now I'd probably prefer BGS...

For bgs you may as well go through comc right? Unless how long it takes bothers you?

I've had some nice luck with them already.

But bgs may be dishing out some nice grades to try and get some business back. Psa 10s are going crazy.

Yep the time with COMC bothers me.

One of the better cards I want to grade is in COMC, which sucks a lot :(

I think I'll just ship the cards I have in hand here to @MyMallBox and grade through there, as I just figured out that I could probably do that...

Yep the time with COMC bothers me.

One of the better cards I want to grade is in COMC, which sucks a lot :(

I think I'll just ship the cards I have in hand here to @MyMallBox and grade through there, as I just figured out that I could probably do that...

Yeah the time through comc is very frustrating.

I'm not sure what I'd prefer to go with. I have some 90s Jordans I'd like to grade, a psa 10 or 2 would be awesome, but I also prefer the bgs subgrades. But they are not selling as well.

Does a BGS 8.5 sell better than a PSA 8? Just be weary that PSA are tougher on grades than BGS with vintage. If you get a PSA 9 though you're laughing:)

I'm thinking of organizing a PSA grading submission. I have access to BGS via COMC so I can do that any time, plus I have some vintage stuff that I'd like to grade.

So first I need to gauge interest to see if we can make it happen:)

Who would be interested?

Here are the 2 main options I would be looking at:

REGULAR *
$18 per card

Any card with a declared value under $500 must be submitted at this service level or higher.

ESTIMATED Turnaround: 10 Business Days

or

BULK SERVICES **

Declared value is under $100 (per card). Excludes autograph dual service cards and supersized cards.

10 Card Minimum $10 30 BUSINESS DAYS
50 Card Minimum $8 45 BUSINESS DAYS
100 Card Minimum $7 45 BUSINESS DAYS
** Must be a PSA Collectors Club member to use PSA Bulk Services.

Thoughts?

@graham do you remember what you did for the last one and how many cards were in our group roughly?

Personally I would be leaning towards the 30 business day submission (6 weeks ouch) at $10 per card with a value under $100.

And here is the BGS information.

Beckett Grading and Beckett Vintage Grading Services

Service Levels Order Size
1-12 cards 13-30 cards 31-99 cards 100+* cards
2 Day $30/card $26/card $23/card $21/card
5 Day $25/card $22/card $19/card $16/card
10 Day $15/card $14/card $12/card $11/card
20 Day $12/card $11/card $10/card $9/card
45 Day $11/card $10/card $9/card $8/card

Im getting old but im pretty sure i remember what I did ;) What do you want to know? I've done countless PSA submissions so can't remember how many cards - maybe 40-50??

Would love for you to remind me of the breakdown again as far as costs go.

Shipping there and back (how do you arrange this?)
Then I have to insure the package for there and back obviously.

How many people do you need to buy in to split the cost of insurance and shipping to make it worth your while/reasonable?

What do they go off for the bulk submission where each card needs to have a declared value of under $100?

Back
Top Bottom