Sending cards to BGS

danish

OzCardTrader
Real Name
dane
I know this has probably been asked before, i had a quick search but to no avail.

To people from Australia who have done so:
How much did it cost? Did you use any specific company or group to send or recieve your cards? Any other advice for someone looking to grade their first lot of cards?
I'm looking to send maybe 5 or 6.

I have made an account but it is a little too much to gather all the info I'm looking for.
Im a little skeptical (not of BGS) to send my cards all that way and i just want to make sure they're safe and I'm not paying TOO much!

Forgive me if this has been answered before. thanks for your help!

Mate set up an account through COMC and grade your cards through them, it is a lot easier and all the info you need is on there site.

I know this has probably been asked before, i had a quick search but to no avail.

To people from Australia who have done so:
How much did it cost?
The cost will depend on which grading service you use and how many cards you send:

upload_2016-5-15_20-4-56.png

on top of that is your shipping cost to get it there and then a return shipping cost, which of course will be dependent on the number of cards.

Did you use any specific company or group to send or receive your cards? Any other advice for someone looking to grade their first lot of cards?
I'm looking to send maybe 5 or 6.
I have made an account but it is a little too much to gather all the info I'm looking for.
Im a little skeptical (not of BGS) to send my cards all that way and i just want to make sure they're safe and I'm not paying TOO much!
Forgive me if this has been answered before. thanks for your help!
The BGS vs PSA question is a little Holden vs Ford. Current trend seems to be BGS.
In terms of company/group to send my advice would be to try and get a group submission, going it lowers the price based on their tiered pricing above.
The biggest issue with group submissions, is that the highest Insurance Aust Post offers is $5,000

The biggest issue is make sure your cards are pristine or going to grade well - get someone else to look over them, post up some high quality scans. Whilst it is hard to be objective over your pride and joy, remember that is exactly what the grader will do so every little bump, blemish, imperfection they will notice and suddenly that pride and joy is only graded an 8.5 or lower!

Not doing them anymore - could offer some answers though if that's what you meant.

Mate set up an account through COMC and grade your cards through them, it is a lot easier and all the info you need is on there site.
This is a great suggestion and the easiest way, my only apprehension with COMC is it means the cards go through an additional set of hands, meaning a greater chance of them being knocled etc.

The cost will depend on which grading service you use and how many cards you send:

upload_2016-5-15_20-4-56.png

on top of that is your shipping cost to get it there and then a return shipping cost, which of course will be dependent on the number of cards.

The BGS vs PSA question is a little Holden vs Ford. Current trend seems to be BGS.
In terms of company/group to send my advice would be to try and get a group submission, going it lowers the price based on their tiered pricing above.
The biggest issue with group submissions, is that the highest Insurance Aust Post offers is $5,000

The biggest issue is make sure your cards are pristine or going to grade well - get someone else to look over them, post up some high quality scans. Whilst it is hard to be objective over your pride and joy, remember that is exactly what the grader will do so every little bump, blemish, imperfection they will notice and suddenly that pride and joy is only graded an 8.5 or lower!

Not doing them anymore - could offer some answers though if that's what you meant.

This is a great suggestion and the easiest way, my only apprehension with COMC is it means the cards go through an additional set of hands, meaning a greater chance of them being knocled etc.

legendary response mate! cleared up every bit of doubt, thanks for taking the time to write all that out!

I am pretty sure if you include a note to say they are for grading and to leave in there current one touch or top loader
they will do that.

Back
Top Bottom