Pokémon GO Discussion and picture thread

New event starting tomorrow folks. Adventure Week they're calling it.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/adventureweek2017

To help you stock up for your upcoming adventure, more items will be awarded from every PokéStop you visit, and Poké Balls will be 50% off in the in-game shop. Your Buddy Pokémon is also in the adventuring spirit and will find Candies four times as fast for the duration of the celebration. Whether you’re exploring your neighborhood or an exotic new location, make sure to watch for Rock-type Pokémon such as Omanyte, Kabuto, and their Evolutions. Keep an eye out—maybe you’ll even spot Aerodactyl!

Last but not least, you'll notice an all-new avatar item has been added to your wardrobe—the Explorer’s Hat! Once Adventure Week begins, grab your new hat and head out on your journey.

Not all that excited about the TYPES of Pokemon, since i have those mentioned, but still, gotta be chuffed for the candy coming 4x quicker!
Means Blissey is just around the corner!!! Might even walk a bit extra to be able to level her up somewhat once Evolved.

Perhaps even Snorlax a little too, try and push towards 3,000CP.

New event starting tomorrow folks. Adventure Week they're calling it.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/adventureweek2017

Not all that excited about the TYPES of Pokemon, since i have those mentioned, but still, gotta be chuffed for the candy coming 4x quicker!
Means Blissey is just around the corner!!! Might even walk a bit extra to be able to level her up somewhat once Evolved.

Perhaps even Snorlax a little too, try and push towards 3,000CP.

Can't wait, 4 times faster to get candies when walking buddy pokemon, Hell Yeah !!
Already got Tyranitar set as my buddy.
Caught the final Mareep today that I need to evolve to my Amphorus, will do that this saturday when I put my weekly lucky egg on.

i got a larvitar and 2 aerodactyl within the first two mins of turning it on this morning. played for 15 mins before work. thats all i had time for still happy with that though.

slugma, geodude, onix, omanyte, sudwoodo and kabuto are everywhere

Hey guys I stopped getting notifications on this thread :( I only need sun stone of the evolve items I've got one! I've now maxed out my top 3 Pokémon in Snorlax Gyrados & Rhydon and need 29k XP till I hit lv 26. Should have 3 eggs hatch today and loading up on Snorlax candy with him as my buddy.

Pokedex is currently at 224 caught 226 seen - I need tyranitar, Flaafy, Ampharos, Sunflora, Bellossom and a couple of the egg Pokémon togepi etc

Hey guys I stopped getting notifications on this thread :( I only need sun stone of the evolve items I've got one! I've now maxed out my top 3 Pokémon in Snorlax Gyrados & Rhydon and need 29k XP till I hit lv 26. Should have 3 eggs hatch today and loading up on Snorlax candy with him as my buddy.

Pokedex is currently at 224 caught 226 seen - I need tyranitar, Flaafy, Ampharos, Sunflora, Bellossom and a couple of the egg Pokémon togepi etc
Getting close to completing, I am gonna evolve my Ampharos today, which leaves me needing unown and corsola that I know of.

Evolved this today ..
Screenshot_20170520-2120131_zpsd47irbf1.png

And thanks to the event, added 700 CP to this bad boy.

Screenshot_20170520-2121111_zpsqodyvura.png

Wow nice! I had a pretty good day loaded up on Snorlax candy, so I'll be able to power him up for a good while once I level up. Was also in as many as 6 gyms at once - back down to 2 right now.

The weaker of the two Rhydon's I caught today. The golem was the evolution I mentioned earlier. The Flareon I caught on Wednesday too.

IMG_9787.PNG

Some very fine catches today, my very first wild Aerodactyl, rubbish IV's but the thrill of the chase was real.
Got a 1141 Rhyhorn at 93% IV, a 1010 Slowpoke at 88% IV and a 998 Geodude at 88% IV and got an 837% IV Totodile at 80%IV.
So really looking forward to this Saturdays weekly evolution spree.
Got a 1384 Rhyhorn at 77.7% yesterday which I will evolve at some stage when I got spare candy.

Last edited:
Evolved my Blissey!!!
Also got a Dragon Scale, so evolved Kingdra, got the Kings Rock the other day and evolved SlowKing (unsure if I mentioned that earlier).

Havent really gotten anything TOO new though. Bit disappointing. Was really hoping to find more Larvitar's, hopefully I can get another hunt/drive in before it finishes (2 days I think)??

Decided that I'm going to try to catch almost anything and everything, but I'm only keeping the top rare ones (Snorlax, Lapras, etc), gym battlers (see rare ones) but also 100% IV ones. Anything else gets transferred. Should see how many I (don't) have any more!!

One final note, if anyone invests real money into this game, but 100 coins are now $.99c - bit of a bargain considering 550 coins are $7.99! Unsure if that's only during the event, but if someone was looking to up their bags, etc, now might be a handy time.

got my 2nd larvitar of the event finally. up to 73 candies.

Have not made use of this event at all. ill have to try pump out a few KMS tomorrow

So the event is now over. I was up around 0600 to go for a walk, and it'd ended. I didnt REALLY make use of the event either, really.
I mean, yeah, I got some bonus (quicker) candy for my Blissey to evolve, but I was on track to finish her off soon.

My new buddy is Flaaffy, first and only one saw so far for me, so maybe I can generate some candy. Still 5km walker!

Pokecoins are still 100 for 99c, too. Thinking of investing in some coins to get some incubators. Have 4x 10km eggs to do.

Well I did avail myself very well of this event, certainly enjoyed the hell out of it too.
Apart from getting numerous very nice Pokemon to evolve I walked my Tyranitar from 2000 CP all the way up to 3140 CP (will add pic later ).
Was really a shame to see this end.
I know the hopes are high for something significant from the next update, which should drop today or tomorrow for us.

Back
Top Bottom