Last week during the 2018 National Sports Collectors Convention in Cleveland, Panini America officials spent some quality time with Detroit Lions legend and Pro Football Hall of Famer Barry Sanders — and not just at the company’s wildly popular Panini VIP Party where Sanders was a special guest. Although that certainly provided a celebratory conclusion to a successful week, Sanders spent some time just a few days earlier putting in work for a Panini America signing session. One of the sets Sanders completed that day? 2018 Impeccable Football.
As you’ll see below, Sanders’ finished fabulousness certainly lives up to the Impeccable name, which has steadily grown in stature since debuting in 2016. But as the product readies for its third annual release, Panini America Product Development officials are ready to raise the bar.
Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America in late September, 2018 Impeccable Football will deliver, on average, five autographs (including at least one Rookie Patch Autograph) in each hobby box (eight cards per box, three boxes per case). All patch autographs will be numbered to 75 or less.
Featuring some of the most attractive designs of the season and brimming with highlights, Impeccable Football is brimming with highlights, including . . .
- Look for unique Elegance Rookie Patch Autographs featuring helmet pieces, nameplates, gloves and NFL Shields. Helmet/Patch Autos are numbered to 75, Helmet/Nameplate Autos are numbered to 25, Helmet/Glove Autos are numbered to 15 and Dual NFL Logo Autos are numbered to one.
- Elegance Veteran Patch Autographs honor the NFL’s best veterans and legends. Base Veteran Patch Autos are numbered to 75 or less and are paralleled by Silver (numbered to 25 or less), Gold (numbered to 10 or less) and Platinum 1/1 versions.
- One genuine Silver- or Gold-piece insert per case, on average.
- New additions for 2018 include Extravagance Patch Autos, Masterstrokes, Jersey Patches, Silver Super Bowls, Silver 49ers and Silver Broncos.
- Extravagance Patch Autos feature an oversized jersey swatch and on-card autograph. Base versions are numbered to 49 or less, Silver are numbered to 25 or less, Gold are numbered to 10 or less, and Platinum and Printing Plate versions are numbered to only one.
- Masterstrokes are numbered to 99 or less and add a bold, colorful splash that really stands out.
- Multi-autograph cards can be found in Impeccable’s Duals, Trios and Quads numbered to 25 or less, 15 or less and 10 or less, respectively.
We’ll have plenty more on 2018 Impeccable Football in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, feast your eyes on this extended first look:
Shop for your favorite Panini America football products now at the official online store.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.