Packs look searched?

The Truth

Banned User
Real Name
Brad
Just received my 18 packs of 04-05 SP Authentic. I bought them from Relson11 from the US in an ebay auction cheap. I never expected they would be searched from this particular seller.
Anyway, who has had these packs before? Maybe you can shed some light for me. On most of the bottoms of the packs, they are opened on the corners (split a little like the glue has softened and someone has peeked inside for a look at the filler card for the jersey). 2 of the packs are right open on the bottom, about half have the corner's open and the rest SEEM fine.
If anyone has opened these before, have they been really easy to split the seams on the packs?
They were all loose in a mailer and then put inside a global priority mailer, which I'm not happy about and I told the seller about that issue aswell. I'm thinking that may have been the cause of them splitting open?
Any opinions appreciated.

umm they be tight from top and bottom seals. if there loose there a chance they been sealed or glued only.

cmon man, i thought everybody had learned not to buy loose packs from ebay sellers by now. the fact you got em cheap should have set off alarm bells, good feedback or not.

have you busted the packs yet?

I'd say it sounds like they've been searched. Although, if you've continually dealt with this person, and had no previous problems, then maybe give them the benefit.

i busted a box of these recently and found they were pretty tough to open??

may have just been the way they were sent??

but its been said before and we most likely be said again....that's the risk you take buying loose packs?!?

I haven't busted them yet. I'll await a reply from the seller. The thing is, this is a well trusted seller. I've bought from them alot before. I'll see what they say. It appears as though someone has been lloking for a jersey card and checking whether the packs have a jersey or a filler inside.
I wouldn't normally buy loose packs like this, but like I said, well trusted seller.
We'll see

ive busted 3 boxes of them mate and always found the seal on them to be pretty hard to open...sounds dodgy to me......guys ....seriously,...LOOSE PACKS + CHEAP PRICE = 1 CAN OF RIPPED OFF! dont do it guys.

Even if they're not resealed, chances are, those are what's left of boxes where the autos and GUs have been pulled.

Nice avatar btw!!!

I've bought packs like that before too back in the day. It could have even been the same seller I'm sure the name is familiar as someone I once purchased off.

The time I bought loose packs was fricken dirty. Opened a total of like 50-60 packs of some lame topps brands and got 0 GU, 0 Auto :mad:

I think it's best to steer clear of this kinda crap unless you're looking to build a base set.

You've done the best thing, emailing Reed (seller). He's a good guy as far as my history with him goes. But it's not easy to compare singles to packs.

Hope it turns out ok for you.

Thanks for the helpful feedback. Just got an email back, a seemingly angry one at that:

ALL MY PACKS ARE NOT OPENED.....THEY COME FROM BOXES I HAVE CRACKED........I
HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM......BYE!

That's it? I asked very, very nicely and included a picture, yet I get this response. I'm not happy at all now, I thought this was a nice guy?
Not willing to cut me any slack on anything. I'll open a dispute and see what happens, but it's my own fault for buying them knowing it was a bad idea. I figured the seller's rep was fine so I'd buy them.
I'm only going on the fact that packs just don't normally come open in transit.

File a dispute dude, looks like he is going to do anything to help you out anyway! If he still refuses to do anything after the dispute keep it open and bust the packs! :p F@@k him!

Oops forgot...I know sometimes I have gotten packs out of sealed boxes with a slight open in a couple of corners, but no idea about this product!

Back
Top Bottom