Ozcards yahoo fantasy league

Re: 2010-11 NBA Yahoo Fantasy League

Yeh, I was looking at that, but?
wouldn't i just pick all guns and win? or does it go in order..couldn't work that out last year :confused:

Have you played before mate? You don't get all the players - there is only ONE of each player.

So if you get the #1 pick overall, you can pick LeBron James, but then the other 12 people have to pick, and it won't come back to your pick for a while.

It works in snake order, the 12 players get picks 1-12, and then player 12 gets the first pick of the second round (to make up for him having the last pick of the first round).

So the guy who picks 1st will also get pick 24, and the guy who picks 12th will get picks 12 and 13.

I know thats how it works mate.
Just wasn't sure with rankings, if say i didn't make a pick.

I know thats how it works mate.
Just wasn't sure with rankings, if say i didn't make a pick.

The order you rank them will be the order the computer picks them.

E.g. if you get the #3 pick and your rankings are #1 Kobe, #2 LeBron, #3 Wade

If the people with the first two picks draft Kobe and LeBron, you will get Wade at #3 because he's the highest rank you have left that is available.

The order you rank them will be the order the computer picks them.

E.g. if you get the #3 pick and your rankings are #1 Kobe, #2 LeBron, #3 Wade

If the people with the first two picks draft Kobe and LeBron, you will get Wade at #3 because he's the highest rank you have left that is available.

Ok, Cool
Thanks mate:v:

cheers for the invite,i'm back in from last season. i should be free any time after 6pm week nights or should have time free on weekends to do a live draft just let me know a time? I'm also in W.A btw so i'm 2 hours behind you guys in the east.

what about next saturday 11:00PM?

I'm trying to keep Saturday free mate - because Saturday night is when most people tend to have functions on, or go out with the boys for a drink or hit the city and stuff like that. It'd suck to have people miss the draft, or not go out because they're sitting at home doing the draft.

That's why I think Friday night is a better option, more people are at home chilling.

Either that or Sunday, but not Sunday night because people have work and uni the next day - maybe Sunday in the middle of the day or afternoon.

Hey all new here, I have a fantasy league which is very competitive on yahoo h2h 12 teams live draft in a month (5 spots left) if anyone is keen!?
cheers

Hey all new here, I have a fantasy league which is very competitive on yahoo h2h 12 teams live draft in a month (5 spots left) if anyone is keen!?
cheers

if you want to get one going, you have to post a new thread. and post an intro first ;)

Good to see all the members getting in here. Would love to get more of the guys who are in the league chatting in here once the draft is upon us.

We can have trash talking and trade discussions in here.

I scoped everyone out to see who the good players are. I'm a two time custom league champ from last year, and have only ever come as poorly as second.

I've won 2 Yahoo Fantasy Leagues in the past (both last year) and come runner-up in two others. Bare in mind I've only played in 4 though.

I checked out Chaddy, he looks like a MAJOR competitor. Trophy case is full up ;)

---------- Post added 29-08-2010 at 05:09 PM ----------

Also like to point out there are 5 managers who have NEVER played fantasy sports before. You guys might be in for a tough year.

I suggest you brush up on your NBA stats, otherwise you won't enjoy your rookie experience ;)

Probably not ideal as I only wanted 2-3 rookies at max, not almost half the league - but we'll give it a go. As long as you stay active we'll have a good time.

Who would you guys name as number1 fantasy player? I reckon LBJ :)

Ah well I'd say Bron is up there - but I wouldn't look past Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Dirk and Wade among others.

Durant, Bron and Paul probably the top three (not necessarily in that order).

I can't wait till Draft Night, it's alway so exciting.

Draft order is random so we'll only know 30 mins before the draft itself.

im one of those newbies but ive done a different nba fantasy league before... i think it was the one on nba.com not sure... i sucked...:lol:

friday arvo or mid sunday is my two best times:D

I want to sign up just than and it said its already full, when I was one of the first people to put my name down :(

Sorry mate but I sent the PM a few days back (and I did send it to you as well).

I also posted that there were 10 members from last year who would get a renew option since they played last year, as well as another 8 who wanted to play this year.

Unfortunately that meant some people would get the cop.

Bare in mind that after I had sent out the invites only about 5 people had signed up though, so there was plenty of time for you to jump in. Unfortunate!

If there are enough people who missed out and want to play though, maybe we can start another league as well.

i didnt even get a pm i just regularly checkout this thread:v:unlucky luke

Back
Top Bottom