Ozcards/Panini Giveaway - Panini Gold Standard Break and Giveaway! Enter now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) When did you start collecting?

2) Who do you collect?
Mostly Yankees and Mets as a kid, now Knicks and retired Basketball players

3) What do you love about Ozcards?
Its well managed! its not overbearing and the traders and mods alike a rather good people, nice community to be involved with.

back in 1990

2) Who do you collect?
James Worthy, Michael Cooper, Kobe Bryant

Friendly people who share the same passion for cards and basketball

1. I started collecting basketball cards in the philippines when i was about 8 (1996) because we love basketball over there. and i have been hooked since.Moved to Australia on 2002 and started watching and liking afl and nrl. it is now 2011 and have started collecting afl and nrl cards aswell.

2. I collect Michael Jordan 90's insert cards, kobe bryant Inserts n rc's (started collecting when it was his rookie year so i have a few of his rookie cards, Kevin Durant, and Derrick Rose (Because of Jordan i now follow the Bulls). For Afl it is Gary Ablett and David Swallow. And last but not least is Nrl. Darren Lockyer (i say he is the MJ of NRL), Billy Slater and Scott Prince.

3. I have only recently found out about this site thanks to a ebay user who sent me a message on there letting me know of this site. i cannot remember his username but thank you because this site has everything you need to know about collecting cards. A great place to trade, sell and show of cards. The live breaks, help, maildays, trades, sales, discussions, updates, news, warnings, so much to say.

Thanks Matt26, Administrators and Panini for the Competition. Good Luck OZ CARD Members.

Andrew

I started collecting back in 2009 when I went away with a mate for a long weekend. He busted a box of teamcoach and I was hooked ever since.

2) Who do you collect?
Dane Swan!

The generosity. It's just insane.

When did I start collecting?
1993 to 1995 - Big Break - 2010 to Current

Who do I collect?
Kevin Garnett, Dominique Wilkins and Jonny Flynn

What do I love about OzCards?
The members. The enthusiasm everyone has for theirs and others collections. And of course, all of the great information and links provided in threads; this is not just a great place to meet and deal with fellow hobbyists, but also to keep very up-to-date in the happenings of whatever sport and code you follow.

Thanks for another great comp and best of luck to all :thumbsup:

1) When did you start collecting? I actually started in 1994 with C-Webb and Penny, its been a long stint but still have cards I pulled from back then like a Webber rookie standout.

2) Who do you collect? I collect Kobe autos and high end cards. I used to collect Shawn the Matrix Marion but after he was traded from the high flying Suns I kinda gave him away.

3) What do you love about Ozcards? I actually love the fact that I can trade or buy from people all over the globe and if I like just talk to them about the hobby. I live in a small rural area with next to no collectors so finally I have a place to trade, also a place to make new mates.

First as a youngen with 1980 Scanlens :D found my old sets tucked away nicely in a cupboard when my parents moved house in 2005 and have not looked back since, filled in all the missing Select and other various sets and continued backwards with full Scanlens to 1975, much to my girlfriends dismay they have taken over the house:lol:

2) Who do you collect?
All AFL cards particularly Brisbane although have snuck a Jordan signature into the collection ;)

That you can get some great trades done have meet some good mates through here, and you get to see some great cards you never normally would:D

I started collecting back in 1993!

2) Who do you collect?
I collect the 96-97 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection set, and other 90`s inserts.

I love the fact people coming together virtually and sharing everything about this great hobby. The good sides as well as the bad ones.
You hear some amazing stories,can see amazing colletions and share the love and passion for cards.

First started way back in 2006.

2) Who do you collect?
I mainly collect Basketball and football (AFL).

I love how nice the people are on ozcard because they are nice enough to give you free common cards to help you finish your sets.

1) When did you start collecting: First as kid in 1993-1995.. then started up again in 2010.

2) Who do you collect: Brandon Roy/Stephen Curry.. and any eye catching cards.

3) What do you love about Ozcards: The love people have for the game of basketball and the passion for collecting NBA cards.

1) When did you start collecting? 1992 (Shaq rookie era), stop for a while. untill all the hype about lebron in 2003 ;)

2) Who do you collect? used to be kobe and lebron. but, now D-Wade!

3) What do you love about Ozcards? good community and and a great website for all Australian (hobby) collectors.

in 2007, was spending too much money on cars so mrs told me to find a new "cheaper" hobby.. so i started, now i cant stop

2) Who do you collect?
Michael Jordan - How can you not, greatest player ever that has ever played the game (but Scottie Pippen thinks other wise)

Lebron James - As much as i give this guy crap. i cant deny how great this awesome guy is.. Scottie Pippen says he's the greatest player to ever to the play the game! How can you not trust Scottie Pippen ;)

Carmelo Anthony - I love this guys game, i hope this guy gets a ring one day!

Derrick Rose - What can i say!? Youngest Ever MVP!, lead the bulls to the eastern conference finals.. this guy is the bulls next legacy.. (hoping) :lol:

Kevin Durant - Hrmms, Kevin Durant, Pure Shooter (so much better than that Ray Allen guy :lol:) The future of the NBA.. Future MVP, Future Champion! :)

Chicago Bulls - I also collect Chicago bulls cards past and present (autos,GU,Base) been a fan ever since my big brother introduced me to the NBA and Michael Jordan, when i was about 8, so always had a soft spot for the bulls!

For one, as everyone has said. it allows the hobby to continue, way before i knew this site existed, the only thing i used was ebay. this site widen my range now its alot easier to find what i want (sometimes) and who can deny this.. the people here are great, ive made a few good friends on here.. such a great community even though there are a few bad eggs.. its still the best site.. and i do waste alot of my time on it.. :lol: but i do wish the chat bar came back.. *hint hint* :p

lol sorry for my long rant!!

1992 stopped in 1997 and started again in 2003

2) Who do you collect?
Derrick Coleman, Sean Marks, Kirk Penney and Matt Bonner

Super friendly and helpful fellow members!! Easily the best forum site around.

Back in the basketball boom of the early 90's the quit and returned in 2004

2) Who do you collect?
Chris Judd, Michael Barlow, Lauren Jackson and AFL cards that have screamers on them

Meeting a lot of good friends and finding/trading cards that I wouldn't find otherwise

hey guys great idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1}i started collecting in 1994 when i was 8 years old :) i memba pulling my first jordan that year from a pack i
brought in the perth carousel on a family holiday (made my holidays) :) :)

2} chris paul mainly 4 colour patches & maybe kyrie irving rc's if the nba bounces back b4 he's a veteran :v:

3} ozcardtrader.com is by far the highlight of my internet experience day in day out...
this site is not only enjoyable to use daily,the site's well run,the people you meet on here are really cool
& it's THE BEST way to buy sell and TRADE

First cards were NRL cards in 1989 and at school we used them to flick against a wall and whoever got the closest to the wall kept the cards (which in hindsight would be quite damaged but we didn't seem to care). Stopped after 1994 and moved onto collecting Marvel and X-Men cards for a couple of years. Also, at high school i moved into basketball cards during the mid 90's when NBA cards were the craze. I was a set chaser and still have a lot of them today. I had a break after high school (Went to uni-Got a job-started a family). In 2008 i was walking past a newsagency and something made me buy a packet of NRL cards. I hit a 1:18 insert and the memories came flooding back. Been hooked again since then.

2) Who do you collect?
I collect NRL Wests Tigers cards. Also keen on up and coming NBA rookies. Liked James Harden form '09 draft and Paul George from '10 draft. Like CP3 and Monta as well. Grab the occasional UFC box as well.

Just after I started back up in the hobby i basically stumbled on the OCT website via a google search while looking for info on cards. Great to have a community of people with similar interests and i honestly believe i wouldn't be in the hobby without this site. With nobody else to interact with about the hobby i would have lost interest a long time ago.

I only started collecting in about 2006

2) Who do you collect?
I collect most Select AFL cards and my PC players are Chris Judd and Patrick Dangerfield.

Many great members and probably the best and most active collector card forum around!

First collected in 1992 - Batman Returns. They were awesome. Batman is still my favourite super hero. :thumbsup:
In 1994 they had Women's Basketball World Championship Tournament in Hobart.
My father was friends with Coach of the Korean Women's National Team at the time, and this introduced me to basketball.
They sold a lot of basketball related products in there and basketball cards got me interested.
Picked up a pack of 93-94 Fleer Ultra Series 2.
Can't remeber about other cards were in the pack, but the first card was 'Patrick Ewing Inside/Outside'.

2) Who do you collect?
I asked my friends who were already following NBA about Patrick Ewing.
They showed me the 1994 Finals against the Rockets and that got me into NBA and Patrick Ewing. :thumbsup:

Great community! Great people! It is not just an Australian community site. It is a site for any collectors around the world. :D

2) Who do you collect?
Michael Jordan

Conversing with people who have similar interests and trading/buying/selling with Australian collectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom