Ozcards/Panini Giveaway - Panini Gold Standard Break and Giveaway! Enter now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Thanks for setting up this great idea - not many people think about the collector!

1) When did you start collecting?
I started in 1974 when I was in primary school - I started with Scanlens Choppers and Hot Bikes - I still have my favourite card!

2) Who do you collect?
Larry Bird, Grant Hill, Anfernee Hardaway and a few current players.

3) What do you love about Ozcards?
I love everything about it. There are no card shops or card shows in the Brisbane area. And of course there is eBay, but that focuses purely on profit, not the interest in collecting or completing sets. Ozcards stands for something apart from just making money - you can tell that Ozcards is interested in the collector.

1) I started collecting when i was about 6 or 7, started with all the basic afl cards such as herald sun. Now i collect vfl scanlens, afl cards, and football memorabilia/cards

2) I collect St kilda Saints, Manchester United and Melbourne Victory. Inc Wayne Rooney and Nani

3) I love how you can meet so many other people that collect the same sortve stuff as me so we can help each other to finish your wantlists. It is very trustworthy and i have hardly had a problem with a member on here. Also has a lot about new and upcoming cards, including latest sports news and discussion.

1) When did you start collecting? Started in 1989

2) Who do you collect? Reggie Miller and Russell Westbrook

3) What do you love about Ozcards? That the members are so helpful and genuine, love reading the posts and keeping up with whats new in the hobby

1: Started collecting when i was a little nipper back in the 80's Weetbix cricket and transformer cards. Than upgraded to NBA cards but stopped when hormones kicked in back in 1993>restarted again a few months ago :)

2: Mainly NRL and NBA cards now

3: Met some good ppl here and its great to see ppl encourage others and help each other out. Im glad i found this site :)

Hey team!

Early 90's, I had a real good mate that got me into the sublime Fleer Ultra X-Men of that time

2) Who do you collect?
Mainly NRL, still into the Marvel and DC stuff though

Community, community and community

1) Started in about 93 with a huge break between about 1997-2009 haha

2) Dallas Mavericks, Darren Collison, and a lot of the old 90's stars including Jalen Rose so would love that auto!

3) When I got back into it, the peeps here hooked me up with a lot of stuff to get me started again. Lots of good dudes with good deals!

Ok guys and gals.......we have had such a fantastic response to this thread........i think its time to start sending out some prizes.

What we are going to do is do a Random.org to determine the prizewinners. All cards will be bundled up and sent out to the winners at Random. What you get.....who knows!

I will be closing this thread tomorrow night so get your entries in! hope to announce the winners on Friday night sometime and hopefully get the cards in the mail over the weekend!

Cheers
Matt

Very Early 90's as i got into collecting through my father who has been collecting since the 80's. Then stopped in my 20's and got back into it about 2 yrs ago. (i'm still in my 20's...just.)

2) Who do you collect?
Joe Dumars and Pistons

Since i joined everyone has been soooo nice. I really can't believe how generous and honest everyone i have dealt with on here has been. It's pretty refreshing for a msg board to be like this.

Keep it up!

1) Started in late 80's playin flicks with Nrl cards

2) The guys in my sig :thumbsup

3) I would not be collecting cards without this forum, i was introduced by gemini and am 4fever thankful for it as i have had so many great experiences and made a lot of web friends all because of the best moderated site i know of on WWW!

Around 4 or 5 years ago when my dad gave me his huge collection of AFL cards :D

2) Who do you collect?
Anything i dont have is good to me, but i mainly like AFL (collingwood) and NBA. Both of which i have a decent number of decent cards :)

Ozcards is great because its my one-stop card shop :D
Whenever i need a card or want to meet someone new in the hobby i know straight away Ozcards is the place to go, and that for any collector is a great.

1992 - played flicks against the wall with most of the cards tho... :( don't know what i threw away!

2) Who do you collect?
atm lebron rcs

great group of people who share the same passion

2002-2006 and 2008 onwards
2) Who do you collect?
Simon Black is my main collection but I also collect a heap of other Brisbane players plus a few other AFL players.
Everyone is so nice and supportive, plus I love talking sport with members on this sites

Guys, this thread is now closed........the fun part now begins.

---------- Post added 26-08-2011 at 07:21 PM ----------

Winners to be drawn sometime over the weekend. Thanks to everyone who entered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom