Ozcards/Panini Giveaway - Panini Gold Standard Break and Giveaway! Enter now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) When did you start collecting?

2) Who do you collect?
NFL - Wes Welker - Rob Gronkowski - New England Patriots
NBA - Steve Nash

3) What do you love about ozcard?
Love looking at all of the mailday and box break posts

started 93 stopped 97 started again 2009

2) Who do you collect?
Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, 90's Jason Kidd and Grant Hill

3) What do you love about Ozcards?
That is a local site

I started collecting cards around 1990, but I only started with NBA cards since 1994 when World Cup USA attracted my attention to American sports cards.

2) Who do you collect?
I collected Shaquille O'Neal and all NBA players of Asian origin, that means, Yao Ming, Jeremy Lin, Wang Zhizhi just to name a few.

Ozcard is a great site with lots of honest collectors who will sometimes go out of their way to help me build my collection.

Started in the early 90's, and rejoined back in 2008-09

2) Who do you collect?
Chris Paul, J.R Smith & Marcus Thornton

3) What do you love about ozcard?
Live box breaks are the best fun to watch! Love the ability to find almost any card you desire through here also.

Always been a collector/hoarder :D, from my early days collecting stamps and matchboxes.
The basketball card bug caught me with the 93-94 Skybox set and what a set it was, classic 90's inserts and a good clean base card set.

2) Who do you collect?
Dominique "the human highlight film" Wilkins. A player to not only delight the senses on the court but a man that can be respected for what he has achieved in life.

More than any other forum I have ever been a part of, here at OzCardTrader we have such a great community.
It is almost unheard of to have so many members so openly willing to help each another out.

Thanks to all involved for giving us the chance once again to participate in a giveaway.

1) When did you start collecting? Around 1993/94

2) Who do you collect? Kevin Garnett (on hiatus)

3) What do you love about Ozcards? I found Ozcards while looking for something to occupy my time after I was injured at work and then off work because of it. I had collected in the 90's but stopped when the shops dried up in my area and had always played basketball, between training and comp games and playing for fun during my teens it was probably 6 days a week!
That amount dropped down when I was studying full time after High School and then when I began full time work, but finding myself not being able to do something I loved was devastating. I jumped in with 2 feet, watching NBA (got League Pass International and then the iPad app), going to NBL games, and buying, selling, trading, and posting here. A lot! :lol: It was a great outlet to get involved with like minded collectors in Australia. Love the Live Breaks sweating too!

About a year ago now I think

2) Who do you collect?
Mainly Pau Gasol, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard
But pretty much anyone in the NBA

The community and the number of great deals being made everyday

Around 1990

2) Who do you collect?

Kendall Gill

I love the familiar faces (well..usernames anyway). It's really nice to be able to talk to people who share the same passion as you and build relationships them. I like the comraderie and support everyone shows eachother and I also love being part of a community where I feel my opinions are listened to and respected :) (I hope lol)

Cheers guys :)

Ry

1) when dud you start collecting
I started collecting in 1996 the iverson kobe rookie era

2) who do you collect
I collect jordan in the past now im in the master collection boxes

3) what do you love about ozcards?
I love the people here, they are friendly, easy to deal with and they are not only trading partners they are friends too

Stared collecting NBA 1992-94 and started again in mid 2010.

I collect griffin, Durant and hof autos.

I love oz card because this hobby would be very boring without being able to share collections, mail days and box breaks. It's just a great community that makes the hobby grow even bigger in Australia.

1) When did you start collecting? I STARTED COLLECTING IN 1986 , I STILL REMEMBER THAT DAY LIKE YESTERDAY, I BROUGHT MY FIRST PACK OF CARDS FOR 23 CENTS!!

2) Who do you collect? I COLLECT C WEBBER, M CAMBY FOR MY SON , AND MY NEW PC K LOVE. I ASO COLLECT 03 04 FLEER PLATINUM NAME PLATES AND ANY NICE PATCHES OR AUTOS FROM THE NBA. ALSO COLLECT CARDS THAT I CAN GET FROM THE T WOLVES AND THUNDER!!

3) What do you love about Ozcards? IT GIVES ME A CHANCE TO FEEL LIKE I BELONG SOME WERE IN THIS CRAZY WORLD, ITS A GREAT PLACE TO SHARE A TRUE PASSION TO, THANKS KRIS

The 7th october 2009 when a card store opened in the street of my job , and when i discover the fantastic world of hobby !

2) Who do you collect?
NBA : Andrew Bogut
WWE - TNA : All , but in particular Christy Hemme

As a french member ,not australian, i really appreciate the good welcome i received on the forum . And as i am a Bogut collector, i am happy to be on a forum of his country, cause i can see a lot of amazing cards of him in PC !!!

Early 2010

2) Who do you collect?
NBA Greats, various Sketch Cards artists and lots of Non-Sport autographs.

Acceptance lol :)

When did you start collecting?

Around 1988/89, started collecting the scanlens stimorol cricket and footy cards, this was back when they came with that "lovely" stick of bubblegum inside the packs

Who do you collect?

Kobe Bryant, Ricky Ponting and signed cricket cards mainly

What do you love about Ozcards?

Probably the moderators! How good are they? Especially that Matt26 bloke. Between you and me he is much better than that graham fella :lol: I think for me though its the things that go on behind the scenes. The amount of cards that are gifted away and the amount of knowledge and help that is provided behind the scenes between collectors is phenomenal

1) When did you start collecting? Just this year, thanks to Ozcardtrader!

2) Who do you collect? Kobe and the Lakers - but now Gold Standards - pick me! :)

3) What do you love about Ozcards? The community, friendly members and this is where I got my first NBA cards! Add to this the only NBA collectors I know of in Oz!

on and off collecting since 1996

2) Who do you collect?
Indiana Pacers

Members are respectful and true card collectors

Good luck everyone!

I started collecting about 2-3 months ago

I started collecting bosh and Westbrook, but now have added Jeff green and Carmelo Anthony :)

Love oct mainly because unlike other forums(non card forums) you don't get flamed for not knowing everything straight away!!

As a youngen back from 92-95. Like many others I packed all my goodies away and was cleaning out my old goodies box a couple of months ago and found them all. So I have been back in the hobby since about May 2011, and excited about it.

2) Who do you collect?
No idea really, I just like collecting nice cards, not overly worried about who is on it! I have made a decision to collect Paul George (this week only cause I got a nice hit recently) and the odd star!

To be honest I would say that I would not be back into the hobby were it not for OCT. It's all cool looking up on the interwebs for others who collect but if the site is not local then you can still feel disconnected from all the hobbyist. The community here is also very accepting of those new ones coming into the group but at the same time very protective of the hobby and its members who may have been wronged. You can tell that the love of the cardboard is strong with these ones! (lame, I know)
I also appreciate how different members have different situations with regard to budget and collecting style eg: High end only, base sets, individual persons etc but I really enjoy that fact that everyone is treated equally and there is none of the 'I'm the best' attitude that can easily prevail in a hobby like this. Everyone is made to feel welcome and important to the hobby!!

Cheers

Clay

Great comp. Enjoying reading the thread.

1. Collected afl cards from mid 80s to early 90s. Moved on to NBA in mid 90s. Then had a break and got back in a couple of years ago

2. Collect anything hawthorn. Wesley Matthews. James Anderson. Chuck person. John amaechi. Paul millsap. And David Robinson.

3. Love trading on oct. Great community and it is mainly locals with the same collecting problems. Really like seeing everyone's maildays. And looking through other people's collections

On and off Since 93 (like most kids born early 80's). I remember when Shaq's base card was worth $6 and his base rookies were worth $30.

2) Who do you collect?
Jordan (playing years), Durant (hint hint), Ty Lawson, JJ Hickson.

It's emotional on here. The dizzying highs, the devastating lows. The accusations, the betrayals. They joy and passion. It's like Today Tonight but for cardboard heads. Seriously though the members make it great. And it's THE best place to buy/sell/trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom