Official Patty Mills Thread

Fractured fifth metatarsal hey? Did the same thing in a game when I was about 19. He'll bounce right back, let's hope he does. Nothing major to worry about. :)

Hope this doesn't affect his chances of making a roster spot for the start of the season, gl to the young fella!

yeh, i have been looking for his cards for ages. Nothing yet, no auto or GU. Nathan Jawai has base rookie card only

Re: Paddy Mills Season Progress Thread

Mills days could be numbered

Portland Trailblazers guard Patrick Mills could find himself unemployed soon if his broken foot doesn't come out roses in the club's next examination, reports The Oregonian and Beyond the Beat.

Mills, a second-round pick in this summer's draft, became expendable after the Blazers signed free agent point guard Andre Miller, but his biggest obstacle is the broken foot he suffered while preparing for the summer league.

If healthy, Mills is certainly behind the 8-ball when it comes to making the 12-man roster in Portland, if he last that long.

From ESPN.com

Trail Blazers Sign Patrick Mills

Trail Blazers Sign Patrick Mills
PORTLAND, Ore. – The Portland Trail Blazers signed guard Patrick Mills to a contract, it was announced today by General Manager Kevin Pritchard. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Portland selected Mills (6-0, 185) with the 55th overall pick in the second round of the 2009 NBA Draft after playing two seasons at St. Mary’s (CA) College.

Mills, who fractured the fifth metatarsal in his right foot during an NBA Summer League practice session on July 9, underwent successful surgery on July 13 and is continuing his rehabilitation on schedule.

The Australian national was an early entry candidate for the NBA Draft out of St. Mary’s, where he posted averages of 16.4 points, 2.2 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 1.97 steals in two seasons. Mills, 21, was a First Team All-WCC selection as a freshman and sophomore.
BLAZERS: Trail Blazers Sign Patrick Mills

Re: Trail Blazers Sign Patrick Mills

Portland obviously believe in his talent. Otherwise they wouldn't sign a guy they got at #55 in the draft, who also happens to have a broken foot.

Great news!

good news as a mills fan, but not sure what the blazers are doing with so many gaurds!

Seriously something is wrong with Blazers management...

Blake? Bayless? A.Miller? BRoy? and now Mills? WTF?

All I can say is Blazers got a bargain. What were the other teams thinking, 55th pick?! he carried St Mary's & the Boomers on his shoulders for god sack.

All I can say is Blazers got a bargain. What were the other teams thinking, 55th pick?! he carried St Mary's & the Boomers on his shoulders for god sack.

Agreed, i think it was his injury at the end of last season that made him slide. Great news for Patty but maybe it would be better if he got moved on so he can see some floor time.

Good News for Patty Mills, Hope He get's some Game Time, But i agree with a few of your guys, they have like 5 guards?!?! That's Mad.

Back
Top Bottom