Official Cleveland Cavaliers Thread - Spoilers

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant declined to comment on the workout between draft prospects Harrison Barnes and Bradley Beal at the team's Independence facility on Saturday. But Beal's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said it went great.
Bartelstein confirmed that the two players worked out against each other.
"It went really well, and I know he enjoyed spending time with the coaches and staff,'' Bartelstein said of Beal.
The Cavs have the fourth pick in the draft on June 28, and Barnes and Beal are considered two of the contenders for that spot, along with Kentucky forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. The Cavs also have the 24th, 33rd and 34th picks.
Beal now heads to Charlotte for a workout on Monday. He tweeted "Wheels up to Charlotte,'' on his way out of Cleveland Saturday afternoon.
The Bobcats have the No. 2 pick.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/06/sources-cavaliers-have-drummond-ranked-higher-than-barnes/

Per sources Cleveland covets Michael Kidd-Gilchrist but seem less inclined to deal with Charlotte to acquire him. After Kidd-Gilchrist the Cavs brass appears to have it ranked Beal, Drummond, Barnes, and Robinson but that their final draft board will not be set until next week. The UCONN center arrives in Cleveland this week and it will be an interesting workout as Cleveland has been very hushed about their feelings on him. Looking historically at Cavs GM Chris Grant he prefers to draft athletic prospects with high upside whenever possible as evidenced by J.J. Hickson, Christian Eyenga, and Tristan Thompson. Grant was the assistant GM but in charge of the draft and ranking the Cavs board at the time Hickson and Eyenga were selected. It would not be a shock to see the Cavs pull the trigger on Drummond as the Cavs, who could have as much upside as any player in this draft. Sources in Cleveland do concede if the Cavs were to select Drummond the rest of the draft would be centered on finding perimeter scoring with their remaining picks.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant is aware of the internet rumors saying that center Semih Erden has turned down an offer to play for FC Barcelona and will sign to play in Turkey but doesn't believe anything has been finalized yet.
A phone call to Erden's agent, Justin Zanik, was not returned to The Plain Dealer on Thursday.
Erden, obtained with Luke Harangody from Boston in 2011 for a second-round draft choice, never took advantage of the opportunities he was given at center last year after Anderson Varejao went out with a broken wrist in February. Erden played 28 games, averaging just 3.5 points and 2.6 rebounds.

Did you see the Trade offer from Golden State?

GSW Get- Varejao and Pick 24

Cavs get- Pick 7

But they declined

Agent Tolga Tugsavul refuted reports that his client Semih Erden has agreed to a deal in Turkey and said his wish is to stay in the NBA.

"Everything will be more clear after the first week of July," Tugsavul told HoopsHype. "He has some interest from teams in the NBA and then we have very good offers from Europe, from three of four teams that I don't want to mention. We will make a decision, I believe, by mid-July. His first option is to play in the NBA, but it all depends on the contract and the coach."

Tugsavul said there's a chance the seven-foot center returns to Europe and then gives the NBA a try again after one of two years. It's not likely to happen in the Spanish League, though.

"I don't know about Spain because we have a very good offer from Turkey and then we will also check the market with CSKA Moscow, see what happens with (Nenad) Krstic there. Right now it's very hard to get a big contract in Spain, so I don't see a big possibility for Semih there."

The 25-year-old Erden averaged 3.5 ppg and 2.6 rpg with the Cleveland Cavaliers last season.

http://www.nba.tv/nbatv/video/channels/draft/2012/06/29/20120629_draft_recap_cle.nba?cat=catId:48&p=2

Pretty good Video

It explains everything about why it happen

It may not be as bad as some people say

I reckon Waiters could play well, can't wait :)

Former West Virginia big man Kevin Jones went undrafted Thursday night, but doesn’t seem to have lasted too long on the open market. According to SNY, Jones will be headed to Cleveland after he signs a three-year, partially guaranteed contract with the Cavs

With Waiters we get the scorer we needed to pair with Kyrie in the backcourt of the future. Zeller was good as well as Varejoe keeps getting hurt and can be used for trade bait maybe.

We also waived Manny Harris today.

Back
Top Bottom