Official 2018 NRL TLA Traders Thread (Sell Sheet Page 5)

If there is some kind of reference to the NRL team on the back it usually sways me.

I can tell you that the World Cup Kangaroo Cards in 2018 Traders state the players 2018 NRL Club on the back. The Origin Cards do not.
I haven't really had to thionk about it in the past but yeah generally with cards Like Retirements in the past it was the logo.

The Kangaroos cards is their 2017 or 2018 club?

Yep I collect rep cards of Canberra players also, good thing there are never many!!

Only whilst they are playing for the Raiders I imagine?

Cheers
Ross

I haven't really had to thionk about it in the past but yeah generally with cards Like Retirements in the past it was the logo.

The Kangaroos cards is their 2017 or 2018 club?

Only whilst they are playing for the Raiders I imagine?

Cheers
Ross

Yep.

I don’t get the retirements if it is not a Canberra logo either

LOL that clears it up for me.
Mmmm interesting...where do you draw the line? I suppose your getting the Peats card as well?
I'm justifying it by they were signed to St George when they played.
Ross
Yeah I guess it’s the fact that I also really liked the player aswell, if I don’t then I just stick to the same as you

As a team collector a bit disappointed they did away with Pieces of the Puzzle.....would have given me something different to collect with McInnes being Top Tackler anyhow....

I also have a question for Team collectors do you collect the card from a Rep team sub sets if your team has a player in it?

If so what do you do with a player who represented last year S.O.O. but in 2018 (the year of the release) plays for another club? In particular Dugan in my example? I'm going to collect it and also add in Ben Hunt but just curious about how particular we get as collectors.

Cheers
Ross

If they were a bulldog either the year they played or the year it was realeased its a must get. Also if it actually lists bulldogs as a clubbon the back of an origin cards. Eg the telegraph ones from about 2010?

As a team collector a bit disappointed they did away with Pieces of the Puzzle.....would have given me something different to collect with McInnes being Top Tackler anyhow....

I also have a question for Team collectors do you collect the card from a Rep team sub sets if your team has a player in it?

If so what do you do with a player who represented last year S.O.O. but in 2018 (the year of the release) plays for another club? In particular Dugan in my example? I'm going to collect it and also add in Ben Hunt but just curious about how particular we get as collectors.
I'll still be chasing the ben hunt card despite him moving

Yeah I know , was sayings the same thing when everyone was bagging him . Still would be hard to forgive though lol.

Brisbane’s whole game plan in that second half was odd, very defensive when you consider the attacking players they have. Everyone remembers Hunts dropped ball but how about the turnover from Milf on halfway with less than two minutes to play? He doesn’t pass, Brisbane complete and kick into to touch well into the Cows 20. Cows then need to go 80+ in less than a minute.

Brisbane’s whole game plan in that second half was odd, very defensive when you consider the attacking players they have. Everyone remembers Hunts dropped ball but how about the turnover from Milf on halfway with less than two minutes to play? He doesn’t pass, Brisbane complete and kick into to touch well into the Cows 20. Cows then need to go 80+ in less than a minute.
The negative footy Brisbane played in the final 15mins to protect a 4 point lead is what cost them that game. They had played attacking footy all year. God knows why they changed it for the end of a GF. Milford was the Broncos best. Reed and Oates made the final defensive error, Reed and Oates weren’t backing up Milford’s line break when he tried to offload.
I don’t blame any one player, but Reed and Oates made the costly errors in regular time.

In the context of the game, holding the ball would have been a far better play. Even if their was support there were at least 3 defenders in the immediate vicinity.

Anyways my opinion is an easy one to have in hindsight and from the couch!

Cheers
Ross

I liked the puzzles too - although I think there was a lot of overlapping. They could have been creative and used Season to Remember cards to make a puzzle on the back or something similar.

re: Rep cards - unless there's a team logo on the back, that's one more card I don't need to collect. There's too many parallels and subsets each year as it is!

Back
Top Bottom