Official 2018 NRL TLA Traders Thread (Sell Sheet Page 5)

At least they are trying to do something to address our concerns from last year
well Shan, that depends on whether they are saying the first 20 get a special set or not, if they are numbering the set, as mentioned I would contemplate a special signed set/ limited to possibly 50, that way they are not limiting there customer base.
Then they are also creating a basis on which all collectors can have some time to get the cards they need without going over the top spending thousands.
If they were to have them sent in before a certain date/ before grand final or before elite is released then a special card/ jersey card of the churchill medalist would go out with the set, all numbered.

well Shan, that depends on whether they are saying the first 20 get a special set or not, if they are numbering the set, as mentioned I would contemplate a special signed set/ limited to possibly 50, that way they are not limiting there customer base.
Then they are also creating a basis on which all collectors can have some time to get the cards they need without going over the top spending thousands.
If they were to have them sent in before a certain date/ before grand final or before elite is released then a special card/ jersey card of the churchill medalist would go out with the set, all numbered.
There's just no pleasing you Dave.

Collectors gave them feedback, they are trying to respond to it. Credit where its due I say. I was filthy at them last year about the gold set as anyone who read that thread would know and am happy to seem them at least try to address collectors complaints.

Cant please everyone I guess

I'd be happy to get a Predictor for a non-winning team and put in to a predictor share, and get back my Top Try Scorer of the year.

Better than what I did last year, and binned em.

There's just no pleasing you Dave.

Collectors gave them feedback, they are trying to respond to it. Credit where its due I say. I was filthy at them last year about the gold set as anyone who read that thread would know and am happy to seem them at least try to address collectors complaints.

Cant please everyone I guess
Shan, I'm not trying to be pleased, you have to move with the times and be innovative, if your'e not, we will have, cards named front line enforcers, winners circle, speed demons etc,
all over again.
Have, the team star as the redeemed card for each team, as well as the special cards for the winning team.
All I'm saying is you have to give something back to the hobby if you want your business to survive.
After all we are the ones paying there wages.

Shan, I'm not trying to be pleased, you have to move with the times and be innovative, if your'e not, we will have, cards named front line enforcers, winners circle, speed demons etc,
all over again.
Have, the team star as the redeemed card for each team, as well as the special cards for the winning team.
All I'm saying is you have to give something back to the hobby if you want your business to survive.
After all we are the ones paying there wages.
You arent saying anything that anyone else hasnt said

Dave the whole problem last year as you pointed out was that unless you had the Premiership winning predictor the other 15 teams were useless.

Hopefully we hear something soon about a card per team so as they become collectible again. Yes it seems like an old idea but hey electricity is an old idea too but a good one.

It brings interest back, something to chase long after the season ends, encourages trading, predictor shares etc all good things for the hobby.

Ross

Maybe advertise how many spots left as they fill and what numbers people/dealers are being allocated , just to keep a fair playing field . If you look back at the thread people were saying they were 3,4,5 registered for example and received lower numbers. Pretty sure the first person registered would of got #1

Is there a curse? Does every Souths player to get an SAS leave?

Keary left, we knew Crichton was leaving before his card was even announced, and now Jason Clark has confirmed he won't be at Souths next year. Real shame

That used to be a thing with the Top Prospect / Future Force / Young Guns.

Very few of the players who signed stayed at their respective club for more than a few years post signing.

I also think the JT Startoon we were briefly shown will more than likely be one of the starter pack bonus cards as it had the same yellow background as the Coen Hess, whereas last year's startoons had either white or transparent backgrounds based on whether they were album or pack.

Is there a curse? Does every Souths player to get an SAS leave?

Keary left, we knew Crichton was leaving before his card was even announced, and now Jason Clark has confirmed he won't be at Souths next year. Real shame

Crichton too busy signing his cards to sign his Souffs contract.

The Jason Clark story is a sad one. Great club man in the era of cash. He was in our U20s and highly regarded. As never shirked his duty, always rolled up his sleeves and got down n dirty when he needed to. I can understand the game has probably passed him by, sadly but still a wonderful bloke and a Souths man through n through.

Here's the story here:

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/jason-clark-reality-of-nrl-workhorse/#11lEl23vWmzSAROG.97

I can't find the link, but I'm pretty sure every Top Prospect, Young Gun and Future Force card ever signed were by players who came and went.

we knew Crichton was leaving before his card was even announced, and now Jason Clark has confirmed he won't be at Souths next year. Real shame

Based on what has been written on past Traders Boxes, it looks like player selections are finalised within the first two weeks of November. Crichton signed in December I believe.

Crichton too busy signing his cards to sign his Souffs contract.

The Jason Clark story is a sad one. Great club man in the era of cash. He was in our U20s and highly regarded. As never shirked his duty, always rolled up his sleeves and got down n dirty when he needed to. I can understand the game has probably passed him by, sadly but still a wonderful bloke and a Souths man through n through.

Here's the story here:

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/jason-clark-reality-of-nrl-workhorse/#11lEl23vWmzSAROG.97

I can't find the link, but I'm pretty sure every Top Prospect, Young Gun and Future Force card ever signed were by players who came and went.
Just googled some Top Prospects - McCullough, Johnson, Cordner, Bukuya, James are all still at the same clubs.
As for Future force - Smith, Thaiday, Gallen, Slater still at theirs.
At least 50% of the Young Guns have stayed seeing as they're more recent.

Couple more players from each set have already retired at those same clubs, Wallace and Hoffman returned to theirs too.

Just googled some Top Prospects - McCullough, Johnson, Cordner, Bukuya, James are all still at the same clubs.
As for Future force - Smith, Thaiday, Gallen, Slater still at theirs.
At least 50% of the Young Guns have stayed seeing as they're more recent.

Couple more players from each set have already retired at those same clubs, Wallace and Hoffman returned to theirs too.

It was a Souths list.

The Curse of the Young Gun, Future Force, Top Prospect and now SAS.

McKinnon
Brett Kearney
MacDougall
Yilen Gordon
Falogo
Pettybourne
Farrell
Peats
G Burgess
Phillips
Walker
Johnston