NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - on Sunday Roast again pushing that barrow.

At least, I guess, he is honest. And when I say that, he has his opinion and doesn't back down from it wrong or right. Where others sit on the fence with splinters up their jacksies.

No one else names names when they talk about distasteful things that have to be done (and not saying Cronulla should get canned, just in general).

I had heard the Luke Burgess one, but that's out now...so... I go nothing.

LOL - on Sunday Roast again pushing that barrow.

At least, I guess, he is honest. And when I say that, he has his opinion and doesn't back down from it wrong or right. Where others sit on the fence with splinters up their jacksies.

No one else names names when they talk about distasteful things that have to be done (and not saying Cronulla should get canned, just in general).

I had heard the Luke Burgess one, but that's out now...so... I go nothing.

never thought i would hear of anyone taking channel nine league commentary seriously :p

Nah, I usually just trawl fan forums for all my news.

LOL.

And TK loathes the Sharks just as much on 2KY Big Sports Breakfast.

You get the best stuff sitting in the members' stands at any match. Or know the training staff who never get a look in but do all the players' dirty work. That's where I hear most of the best stuff. A lot of it can't be posted here because, well, I don't wanna get sued.

Im sure TK just makes crap up to make a name for himself sometimes.

I take more notice of the posts in this thread than him.

---------- Post added 26-06-2011 at 07:42 PM ----------

Nah, I usually just trawl fan forums for all my news.

LOL.

And TK loathes the Sharks just as much on 2KY Big Sports Breakfast.

You get the best stuff sitting in the members' stands at any match. Or know the training staff who never get a look in but do all the players' dirty work. That's where I hear most of the best stuff. A lot of it can't be posted here because, well, I don't wanna get sued.

Tell me - i will post it!

I am sure TK and Danny Weidler and the rest make stuff/crap up.

That's why it's called 'paper talk'. And they need ratings. I never said I 'believed' it. Like this site, will take it with a pinch if salt and when it's announced by the club, it's fact.

I have nothing specific or new to give you either. There was the juicy stuff about a certain mid-season signing and his alleged issues, which are spoken about plenty in places like League Unlimited and Facebook, LOL. It was old news late 2010.

There was also talk about a certain retiree and his detrimental effect on his club.

But as I said, sitting in the stands at games with the members or talking to trainers is good for gossip.

The one thing I have, and I think it's innocuous and going to come out is one former Shark returning home. Which is a bit of a pain in the neck for me, because I think he has had a cracking 2011.

---------- Post added 26-06-2011 at 08:08 PM ----------

i'm a long way from my members stand so fortunately there is oct

I'll be at Shark Park this weekend. I'll cheer loud and hard. Although it will be for the bunnies. ;)

Here's one that i will post under prediction rather than rumour. Brian Smith will be out of a job before the end of the season.

I was at the Knights v Roosters game today and the Roosters just did not show up to play. I dont know how it looked on TV but they came up against 4th and 5th choice halves combination that have 5 games experience combined and let Peter Mautu-atia (or whatever his name is) who has 2 first grade games score a double against them. They had nothing. The body language is one of the worst i have seen on a team.

Can see Smith surviving it.

Oh yeah Ooneil. I watched it on the telly. Seriously, there were 13 players out there going in all directions. The only coherent thing they did was Carney's pass to Mini for that last try. When EVERY player argues with the ref and turns away mouthing the F word...problems. Knights were determined and geez, they got some dud bloody calls. De Gois bounce and catch called a knock on. A few of those 2 man strips. Rank rub of the green.

Even the real faithful I know have abandoned them for 2011.

---------- Post added 26-06-2011 at 08:14 PM ----------

Cartwright must be laughing he got that 5 year extension too. Dear oh dear.

The one thing I have, and I think it's innocuous and going to come out is one former Shark returning home. Which is a bit of a pain in the neck for me, because I think he has had a cracking 2011.

---------- Post added 26-06-2011 at 08:08 PM ----------

I'll be at Shark Park this weekend. I'll cheer loud and hard. Although it will be for the bunnies. ;)

Wouldn't be an old Panther that was a pain in the neck as well?

I don't think it was a case of being owed, but along those lines.

The club is still interested, I believe, and the offer is there. But have heard $$$ put to him by his former club are better.

Can't blame the fella, has had a pretty decent 2011 and only has a couple of more seasons left. Plus you can't keep them all.

Dugan is no cert at Easts either, I have heard.

oh great :( let's see how he goes this time around

I can't blame you. Got good cabbage but didn't quite deliver. Like many forwards who get big $$$ and don't end up delivering. That's why Bennett has no qualms when forwards get offered big deals to let em go. Can't keep em all.

It's the Tigers I worry about. If they get Blair, and release Heighington, Moltzen, Gibbs, Fifita and a couple of others...well...what if Blair is injured in Round 1. And Tigers don't even spend their full cap, so how can they bloody be struggling.

I wonder who the Bulldogs will buy this year.

The entire Sydney Roosters first grade squad to be out of a job next year. what I have seen the last few weeks (well pretty much all year actually, but especially the last few eeks) is just not up to NRL standard. Today was a whole new low.

Anasta was rumoured to have been approached about a sentimental return to his 'home' club. I personally couldn't see it happening, but was ok after his good 2010, but his 2011 form has not warranted anything other than a relocation to ESL. LOL.

Wouldn't mind getting my mitts on that young NZ 1/2. Looks very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom