NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayne currently has no contract with an NFL team. The season has all ready started. The Super bowl is in February. I think there is a fair chance Hayne will still be playing in the NRL next year.
He stated in the press conference that he is going to try and make a train on squad over the next year and then take it from there

Bloody IP sig hunters hounded Hayne out of the game. Next year, the security barricades will be up to Church St!

And does anyone realistically think that a 26 year old Aussie with no actual playing experience in NFL is going to crack it in the NFL?

I think Hayne could catch onto a NFL team in some form. Even has a lower depth player on a team Hayne would still be earning $500k US a season easy. Hayne could be used as a change of pace RB getting 5-6 touches a game and then used as a returner for punts or kickoffs. Also one thing Hayne would have working in his favour is he could also play special teams as a "gunner" on the punting unit because of his tackling ability - something most other RB's on a team can not offer. Just as a role player in those sort of situations, Hayne could easily earn $1-$1.5 mil/year.

Good luck to Hayne, I for one hope he succeeds. We will know September next year if he has made it onto a roster or not, if not he could be back in the NRL as early as 2016.

What will be interesting is if this "eel for life" returns after missing 1 season, how are they going to fit him in as I'm sure the Eels will be spending the cap space asap to field the best team they can, meaning he may end up on the open market and really what club will be able to find a million a year for him?

Anyway lets just hope he smashes it over there and we dont have to worry about him returning early.

Ross

It would be awesome to see Hayne succeed, and while it would be great to see Hayne make a roster as more than just a fringe type player, I wonder how many other players might start to get scouted and leave NRL for a chance at some bigger money in the NFL.

Came from someone very high up in Rugby. He did say that with the new Wallabies coach he may want to stay.

Apparently part of the whole Imbroglio that Infests the ARU was that KBeale played for the Tah's despite more accomplished players ahead of him, had McKenzie over a barrell apparrentley, nudge nudge wink wink!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom